Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: A good bypass shock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2016, 02:55 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default A good bypass shock?

I was thinking of adding a bypass shock to the rear of my yeti along with the standard shock. I have seen many just use another Icon shock with out a spring. Is there anything else out there that fits? I have a friend that put the hot racing bypass resistor shock on his bomber but i think they are too short for the yeti.

Thanks
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2016, 09:33 PM   #2

Default Re: A good bypass shock?

didnt realize they had bypass valves in them, how does that work
BMOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:47 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

They are not truly bypass shocks. (We could only wish there were a such thing in RC)

In regards to the Yeti, most cases I have seen the second shock doesn't have oil in it or very light oil. The largest reason real trucks have the second shock is to help with heat dissipation on the shocks. We do not run into that problem with the RC.

I have been considering adding the second shock to my TT. But just for looks. The only shock that fits would be the Axial Icon or the Pro-Line XT shocks.
Chiphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I drilled out the holes to 1/16" on the pistons in my 137mm shocks on my dual shock setup (2 holes in each piston) and both shocks are running Associated 10wt fluid. The setup works awesome!!! Took a lot of goofing with different fluids and until I drilled the holes, it was all too stiff. Running a shock without oil in it would cause too much resistance and wear over time IMO. With a light weight oil, it seems to leak less too because there isn't much pressure on the seals because it is shared between two pistons instead of one. Honestly, it your after performance stay with a single shock setup. I just flat out love the look of dual shocks and invested all that time because I wouldn't go without 2 shocks. Be careful drilling those holes! I did it by hand holding the bit with my fingers and twisting it through. When done, there isn't much material left.

Last edited by Crazykev; 04-05-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Crazykev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:58 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Also wanted to add that the setup sucks until the pistons are seated/broke in. All shocks are a little stiff at first and the friction on the dual shock setup is twice as bad and take longer to break in. I was really aggravated with the dual shocks until they broke in. Almost gave up on it and I'm glad I didn't because it never would have got to this point if I wouldn't have just left them on the truck. I hoped that they would eventually loosen up, but wasn't sure.
Crazykev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:37 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I finally got a shock set up in my Yeti that I am happy with but like you I love the look. So I ponder the dual shock set up.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote

A good bypass shock? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need good shock info dontbsalty Axial Wraith 1 05-12-2013 03:57 PM
Looking for a good shock? bigred22 Axial SCX-10 6 03-03-2013 10:35 PM
good shock on your xtrail? stikkimikki87 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 02-21-2008 04:09 PM
is this a good shock jwilli2213 Newbie General 7 12-23-2007 10:25 AM
good shock that are good to the wallet jwilli2213 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 12-02-2007 09:22 AM