RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Yeti (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/)
-   -   Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score) (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/574516-axial-1-18-yeti-yeti-score.html)

Dsss 02-08-2017 09:59 AM

Re: Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score)

Which pinions work on the hobbywing motors?
2.3 traxxas?
How many teeth should I gear it at?

Brake Weight 02-08-2017 10:28 AM

I installed a 2445 3000kV sensorless motor. It has a 2.3m shaft and the Losi Mini pinions have a smaller hole than the stock pinion. The stock pinion fit the 3000kV motor and it netted nearly stock speeds. So I dug around in my box of gears and found a 22tooth that fit. I had to file down the set screw so that it's clear the motor plate.

It has good low speed and a fair amount of speed now. I'm happy with it.

Natedog 02-15-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dsss (Post 5662048)

Nice quality setup for good price! "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brake Weight (Post 5663856)
I installed a 2445 3000kV sensorless motor. It has a 2.3m shaft and the Losi Mini pinions have a smaller hole than the stock pinion. The stock pinion fit the 3000kV motor and it netted nearly stock speeds. So I dug around in my box of gears and found a 22tooth that fit. I had to file down the set screw so that it's clear the motor plate.

It has good low speed and a fair amount of speed now. I'm happy with it.

Good info, thanks! "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyracer (Post 5660776)
Traxxas LaTrax gears DO NOT work. They are a different size, different pitch, etc.

I've got metal lockers coming very soon though.

Bad and good news, thanks! "thumbsup"

SCREAMER 02-27-2017 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyracer (Post 5660776)

I've got metal lockers coming very soon though.

Any updates Monkey?

monkeyracer 02-27-2017 04:26 AM

Yes,

The first prototypes came in, but were very far off dimensionally from what they needed to be. I had them re-run them with the tweaks, and those were supposed to show up Friday, but didn't, USPS shows maybe today for delivery.

I will probably have something to share tomorrow if these are dimensionally correct.

TownsendTdi 02-28-2017 05:24 PM

Made some new trail with the Yeti Jr in mind- bigger berms! A lot less flipping. Moving the battery foward helped too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z7dwLsCw6Z0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My front ring and pinion is starting to slip under heave load, maybe a shim will help. I need to tear it open and check.

monkeyracer 02-28-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyracer (Post 5673799)
Yes,

The first prototypes came in, but were very far off dimensionally from what they needed to be. I had them re-run them with the tweaks, and those were supposed to show up Friday, but didn't, USPS shows maybe today for delivery.

I will probably have something to share tomorrow if these are dimensionally correct.

First functional prototypes test fit:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psf7ssuaja.jpg

I need to get these installed in the yeti and get some testing done to make sure there are no problems. I expect to start a pre-order thread very soon for these. Pricing will be discussed in the upcoming thread in the vendor's section, so please do not ask in this thread.

Lavaheadache 02-28-2017 08:23 PM

Are there going to be axles to accompany that beauty?

robert@castle 03-04-2017 09:13 PM

I need that. The open diff makes it really hard to do anything with my JR.

Brake Weight 03-04-2017 09:49 PM

Same here. I may just try some Silly Putty.

robert@castle 03-05-2017 09:42 AM

Has anyone replaced the upper rear link with 2 links with balls on the end? I know it kinda acts as a natural sway bar, but I don't like the way when the axle rolls that it bends the tabs on the chassis where the link mounts. I'd like to replace all of the rear links with turnbuckles, I just wondered if anyone know of any that fit.

SCREAMER 03-14-2017 11:07 PM

Any updates Monkeyracer? I'm gonna crack open this rear axle and superglue everything if I can't get a locker soon.

monkeyracer 03-15-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREAMER (Post 5681780)
Any updates Monkeyracer? I'm gonna crack open this rear axle and superglue everything if I can't get a locker soon.

Testing has been going well. There are some slight tweaks to the dimensions to be made, but it looks like I will be starting a Pre-Order thread very soon for these. I'll link to that thread here when I get it posted.

TownsendTdi 03-21-2017 06:55 PM

GPM has some aluminum trailing arms out

1/18 Axial Yeti Jr Aluminum Rear Lower Chassis Link Parts GPM MYT014L Black | eBay

Lavaheadache 03-22-2017 11:05 AM

Lower links aren't exactly the first thing these things need. Where is the 2 piece front bulkhead to make pinion mesh less of a guess? Where are the metal diffs and axles/shafts? We need those things, not metal trading arms... though they are nice ��

Brake Weight 03-22-2017 11:27 AM

That's the easiest thing to make.

Brandon 03-22-2017 03:30 PM

Major problem with solid lower links, you wont get any articulation out of the rear. Currently the flex in the nylon links allow for the axle to articulate while also acting as a sway bar. You make that rigid and the only thing the rear axle can do is travel up/down.

Careful buying those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TownsendTdi (Post 5685336)

Brake Weight 03-23-2017 12:40 AM

Seems like these are fading away. I run mine nearly daily for 10-15m but it's just because it's so small I leave it on the chest freezer in my garage. So it's right there for a quick spin around the driveway. All the hype before the reaease and the novelty is quickly waning.

Dbdynsty25 03-23-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brake Weight (Post 5686059)
Seems like these are fading away. I run mine nearly daily for 10-15m but it's just because it's so small I leave it on the chest freezer in my garage. So it's right there for a quick spin around the driveway. All the hype before the reaease and the novelty is quickly waning.

Unless there is a local track that likes to run mini's the novelty of a mini version of a capable truck is always going to be a novelty. I've got a couple 1/14 Tacon Thrillers that I literally leave in the car in case one of the big cars breaks and I don't want to end my session so quick. LOL...that's about all they are good for.

svt923 03-23-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brake Weight (Post 5686059)

The fact they came out right before Axial lost the ability to keep anything in stock has a lot to do with it also. Hard to get excited about a truck when no one has been able to buy one for months.