Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Vanquish motor mount and gear "shielding"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #1

Default Vanquish motor mount and gear "shielding"

hi,

so i finally had time to dismount, clean and mount motor and transmission onto my Vanquish motor mount. All went well until i had to attach spur gear. As it turned out slipper plate (31067) is touching one of the gear "shielding" (31107). I dismounted everything and tried to apply more pressure when attaching gearbox and it helped a bit but problem is still there - spur gear is not moving freely when everything is disconnected ... Anyone had this issue or knows how to handle this? is it problem with factory screws, do i have to trim something or just skip shielding and drive without it? How will gearbox and engine deal with sand and water?

Thanks!
dreadMoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2019, 10:10 AM   #2

Default Re: Vanquish motor mount and gear "shielding"

Is everything here stock with the exception of the Vanquish motor mount?
r season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:34 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Make sure that the motor mount is pushed all the way into the gearbox. It's a tight fit. I had the same problem, and realised it was just because the mount wasn't screwed tight enough.
Antsiranean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:38 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

The vanquish plate fitment is tighter than the stock. It can take a good bit of work to get it to sit properly flush. I had the exact problem you describe and it was due to the fact that the plate *left* tight, but was still a couple mm out from flush.

Trick I used to make life easier was to remove it, get a little lube on a q-tip (I just used some 40 wt shock oil really) and dab it in each hole that mates to the case. That allowed it to slide into place more easily. Also, when you tighten the bolts, do them a little bit each, working in an X pattern to keep the plate as squared to the case as possible.

If you do one a whole bunch, it can angle the plate and just make life harder.
SlidePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:30 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I had to use a dremel on the mounting holes because they were to tight on mine. Fits great now. Just a bit disappointing coming from vanguish.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish motor mount and gear "shielding" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Yeti Edition" LED light bar and mount combo kits from Gear Head Gear Head RC Vendors Electronics 2 09-29-2014 10:21 AM
RCP Crawlers "Everyday Low Prices" Hitec 645 Metal Gear Servo "GIVE-A-WAY" Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 126 01-03-2007 10:36 PM