Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Axles, Trannys, T-case

Notices

Thread: S3R Dig units in stock.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #41
RCC Addict

robbio: Like gunnar said, you can always use the top screw holes to make a mount. Use an Axial servo mount plate, drill two new holes in it, and you've got a quick-n-easy servo mount.

Still hvae more of the S3R digs in stock guys. And, the new front case will be here very soon!
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing View Post
robbio: Like gunnar said, you can always use the top screw holes to make a mount. Use an Axial servo mount plate, drill two new holes in it, and you've got a quick-n-easy servo mount.

Still hvae more of the S3R digs in stock guys. And, the new front case will be here very soon!
ty sir for the quick reply. ill be ordering one on monday. this will be my first time running a dig. what would be a good servo to run with... sorry for the newbbbbbbb questions
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #43
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

I have had no trouble using a 225MG, if you got the room, a larger servo will work great too.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
I have had no trouble using a 225MG, if you got the room, a larger servo will work great too.
noob question alert the servo mount that comes with the S3R dig looks like it only accaept regular sized servos, isn't the 225 a mini servo, and if so how did you get it to fit right
sub-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #45
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub-zero View Post
noob question alert the servo mount that comes with the S3R dig looks like it only accaept regular sized servos, isn't the 225 a mini servo, and if so how did you get it to fit right
Well, I'm not using the S3R mount, yes that mount is only for a full size servo. I made my own mount for the 225. It is pretty tight in the SWX, but it is working well. S3R is coming out with a 225 sized mount, but it will be awhile yet. A pic of what I did, it uses the mini servo mount from the DNA dig kit:

Last edited by gunnar; 03-08-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Very Nice Has anyone used one in a DMG chassis?
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Any news on the front case/motor mount piece... ETA? I'm also wondering if it would mount up to the stock rear case? I'm wondering if this part has the normal mounting holes in the bottom, as there are on the stock front half?

I'm asking because I see that the S3R dig has it's own mounting holes. And I want to use this part without the S3R unit.
crazy_kanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_kanaka View Post
Any news on the front case/motor mount piece... ETA? I'm also wondering if it would mount up to the stock rear case? I'm wondering if this part has the normal mounting holes in the bottom, as there are on the stock front half?

I'm asking because I see that the S3R dig has it's own mounting holes. And I want to use this part without the S3R unit.
Should be here soon, next week I hope. It has holes in it, so you can mount the trani in the stock location.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Should be here soon, next week I hope. It has holes in it, so you can mount the trani in the stock location.
Nice... I'll buy one from you, let me know when I can. I'll keep an eye on this thread and your web site.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Payment sent for a S3R Can't wait to get it installed on my DMG
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Ruthless: Let us know how it fits in the DMG, and post some pics if you can!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_kanaka View Post

Dave e-mailed me this evening, stating that the S3R front plate will not fit onto the stock Axial trani back case (sorry, I missed that part of the question). But, he will have an aluminum back case coming soon!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:09 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Dave e-mailed me this evening, stating that the S3R front plate will not fit onto the stock Axial trani back case (sorry, I missed that part of the question). But, he will have an aluminum back case coming soon!
Thanks for the info. Ill have to come up with another plan.

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #54
TN State Champ 11,12,13

I'd like to hear some commets on the function of the dig before making up my mind. It does look promising I like the idea of 5 points of engagement for the dig vs 4 on the DNA. How does it engage/disengage under load? Is anyone running this dig in a GC-2 chassis? Is it rebuildable? If so will you stock the parts and how much?
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog7 View Post
I'd like to hear some commets on the function of the dig before making up my mind. It does look promising I like the idea of 5 points of engagement for the dig vs 4 on the DNA. How does it engage/disengage under load? Is anyone running this dig in a GC-2 chassis? Is it rebuildable? If so will you stock the parts and how much?
Mine worked very well over the weekend. I did have some minor sticking coming out of dig when fully bound up .... But, when double checking my build it appears I need to reassemble my outdrives to the center gear, as I have a slight wobble in that assembly, which is most likely causing the stiction.

It should drop right in a GC-2, plenty of room. No parts stocked yet, but I will have them if and when they are needed.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Do you still have any in stock? I couldn't find them on your website. Also any word on when the aluminum front tranny case will be available?

Last edited by BCkoots; 03-12-2009 at 06:00 PM.
BCkoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #57
RCC Addict

BCkoots: Yep, have plenty in stock right now. Front cases are in transit, should be here any day now. I'll update the website, they are on there just a little hard to find, so they will be on the first page .... Just waiting for the cases to do this.

You can PM me your phone # when you're ready to order and I'll give you a call.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Ok guys, the frontcases showed up today! $31.99

I;ve got them, and the digs, on the openning page of the Rock Shop site, just scroll down ...
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #59
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Decent price for a work of art!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Got mine together last night and these things are AWESOME. Went together easily and works like butter. I am using a Hitec 225MG and a custom servo mount. The fit and finish on these parts are amazing. Being I bought one of the first releases of the dig, I expected a little miss match between it and the tranny/motor plate. There was none! Great job S3R.!

Last edited by hellbentrodder; 03-14-2009 at 09:15 AM.
hellbentrodder is offline   Reply With Quote