Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Felicita County Park CLOSED To Rock Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #1

Thumbs down Felicita County Park CLOSED To Rock Crawlers

I am new to this board and RC Rockcrawling. I was enjoying my day at Felicita Park with a couple other members of this board and was confronted by a state park employee saying that RC cars are prohibited from crawling the rocks as of Jan. 31 2008 because they are preserving the Indian grinding holes in the rocks.

I am still confused on how they had a huge competition at the same park almost 3 months after the new rules were made. My only guess is that they just wanted the money of the participants and spectators.
teamontherun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

all we paid was the three dollars to get in the park. we had rangers and park employees watching and commenting that this was the coolest thing they had seen there. we crawl there all the time.
calcat430d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #3

well if you see robert (state employee) working than plan on getting shut down that day.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #4

I got booted from there Sunday. I was not there even 5 minutes, and a ranger came up to me and said it was a Federal Park now and RCCrawling was not alowed.
73mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Man that really sucks!! Such an awesome place too...
RAULDUKE (David) is this true, what do you know about this?
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAWLR4life View Post
Man that really sucks!! Such an awesome place too...
RAULDUKE (David) is this true, what do you know about this?
It is 100% true. We were informed of this on our scout trip for the big event we have coming up. We did find a spot not far from Felecita, that is 1000 times better anyway. But you guys will have to wait for the official announcement.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Seems to be true, but I have yet to talk with Robert. I talked with them two weeks before the comp and they said nothing. I guess the had to come up with a good excuse and the "grinding holes" was it. It's not nor will it be a Federal Park, it's county. I will make a visit in my work truck to get the final word.
raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #8
no talent hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
It is 100% true. We were informed of this on our scout trip for the big event we have coming up. We did find a spot not far from Felecita, that is 1000 times better anyway. But you guys will have to wait for the official announcement.
does this spot happen to be near a lake? if so i agree. just a little more remote.
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

That's the most unreasonable things I've never heard!!

I think RC rock crawling is the LEAST disturbing hobbies around.
It does not make loud noise. It does not distroy veggitation. It does not post any danger to spectators. What do they want people doing in the park? Just read books????

I really think they have regular meetings to brain storm things to be banned just to demonstrate their authorities and give them meaning of existence on Earth.

Last edited by MonsterDDT; 05-19-2008 at 05:58 PM.
MonsterDDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Default F park

Hey raul duke what would be the fine be if we were to get caught?
carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:30 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterDDT View Post

It does not make loud noise. It does not distroy veggitation. It does not post any danger to spectators. What do they want people doing in the park? Just read books????

I really think they have regular meetings to brain storm things to be banned just to demonstrate their authorities and give them meaning of existence on Earth.
its possible they are generalizing RC trucks but the intention may have been to simply restrict nitro/gas trucks.
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #12

I spoke with the main county parks office and they said that it is not a rule but just the wishes of the rangers. They did ask if anything can spill out of the trucks and I explained that they are electric and the batteries are secure and can not spill. He told me that he is going to speak with robert tomorrow and get back to me to see what his side of the story is. He just wants to make sure that we were not disturbing the millings or any other artifact that is still in its natural environment.

I will get back to you guys tomorrow to tell you what he says.

(also, There is no fine for crawling. You will just be asked to leave. its not a law issue. Its just a ranger doing what he sees as fit for the circumstances.)

Raul Duke: Whether its true or not, The person I spoke with did say that it became a federal park as of jan 31 08. It is now a state and federal landmark.

Last edited by teamontherun; 05-19-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

I went yesterday after work and the rest of the staff have not got the word yet. I will talk with Bob today. The site in question has been designated a historic site, it is covered under certain federal laws, the park it self is still county. I have the same issues in my park with historic sites.

No fines unless it's signed(area posted) and there are rules on the books that prohibit the activity.
raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:25 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterDDT View Post

X2....bored Rangers with power trip....or looking for a way to charge another type of user fee for RC use.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

you know RCC has hit the big time when it's prohibited at a federal park...

I bet it's just some employee with a bug up his arse...
jbrandt is offline   Reply With Quote