Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: cali central coast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default cali central coast

iam looking for some people in my area who want to get together and do some crawling. iam not done building my tlt but close. i have some sweet spots in mind but so far i dont know any one who has a rccrawler.
iam in the 805 area code(san louis obisbo, santa maria,lompoc and santa barbra)
but iam from sacramento and also have family in LA
havik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #2

Havik-

We go out to the breakwater/Beach rocks in Ventura with the TXT's almost every workday at lunch- just not on the weekends (take 101 S., exit Seaward, make left to get to Seaward- then right to Pierpont 4 way stop- make left heading south- it deadends into a park parking lot- we go out by the concrete Pirate ship usually around 12:30- 1:30 or so.) or pm me for info. My buddy also wheels a TLT sized custom rig called Teeny Tiny...based on the 1:1 rig Tiny- the Jon Nelson built rig.
NPCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

IF yall want to meet up in the 805 I live in lompoc and would love to gtg. I am new to the whole crawling scene and need to get out there and tune my rig.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

This is the central place where we all buy our stuff and the shop that oganizes events in the SLO area.

HOBBY HEADQUARTERS in Atascadero, 805-462-2512

Usually they meet Monday nights and once a month for comps.

-Tom
1tom2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'm in Arroyo Grande about once a month, I live in Hanford
Shadill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tom2go View Post
This is the central place where we all buy our stuff and the shop that oganizes events in the SLO area.

HOBBY HEADQUARTERS in Atascadero, 805-462-2512

Usually they meet Monday nights and once a month for comps.

-Tom
how many people you getting for a turnout at comps? and are the monday nights comps or meetings?
nismotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #7

Default central coast crawling

Hi - Every monday we have a local competition that changes location. I think this coming Monday we're going to be behind the Wendy's near walmart in Paso Robles. Call Hobby Headquarters in Atascadero for more info, the guys that put on the events all work there. My husband and myself also usually crawl on Sundays while off roading. Hope to see you! Maria
medchem77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I'm going to be in Paso for three weeks on a work trip, starting April 1st. Are these GTGs still happening?
ErichF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichF View Post
I'm going to be in Paso for three weeks on a work trip, starting April 1st. Are these GTGs still happening?

I will have to call up to Hobby headquarters and see if they are. I haven't been to one myself but would like to make it happen. I should have the number around here somewhere.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Speaking of HH, do they have crawler stuff? Maybe a dig would be a good project while I'm out there...
Old 02-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichF View Post
Speaking of HH, do they have crawler stuff? Maybe a dig would be a good project while I'm out there...

Actually I live in Lompoc so I haven't been up there yet. They should have some good stuff from what I have heard.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Here is the number if you want to give them a call. (805) 462-2512

I am home sick right now but if you wanna hit me up on here and LMK what is going on I would like to make one of these trips.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Kool, thanks!

Maybe see ya out there,
Old 02-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

cool I would like to meet up with some more crawl addicts and take about our obsession.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #15
RCC Addict

They have a wide assortment of crawler parts. I actually just ordered my r2 with dig.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

they actually have a crap load of crawler stuff and derik one of the owners is a crawler as well we do have a club here called CENTRAL COAST CRAWLERS and we go to as many of the so-cal comps that we can we are in the heart of cali so we can hit nor-cal and so-cal comps with not to much of a drive we do have a monthly comp were prizes are given away and then every monday we have a comp which is mainly practice for big comps we keep score and run it just as any other comp but there is no prize other than weekly bragging rights but we are getting about 15-20 people every monday and our monthly comps are getting bigger and bigger we are averaging about 30 people at each comp so the bigger we get the more we hope some so-cal and nor-cal guys will come and rep there clubs well hope to see some of you guys show up till next time.....P III
ol dirty dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Yep, sounds great...I am flying out on Wednesday. I plan to attend the comp in SLO this weekend, but only on Sunday. I intend to actually pay the fee and participate in the comp on Sunday. No hope in winning anything since I can't compete on Saturday, but I'm just after the experience right now. I will be stopping by HH on the way into Paso Robles from the airport on Wednesday afternoon. I want to get some stuff for my rig to work on while I'm out there for the next three weeks.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:49 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol dirty dirt View Post
they actually have a crap load of crawler stuff and derik one of the owners is a crawler as well we do have a club here called CENTRAL COAST CRAWLERS and we go to as many of the so-cal comps that we can we are in the heart of cali so we can hit nor-cal and so-cal comps with not to much of a drive we do have a monthly comp were prizes are given away and then every monday we have a comp which is mainly practice for big comps we keep score and run it just as any other comp but there is no prize other than weekly bragging rights but we are getting about 15-20 people every monday and our monthly comps are getting bigger and bigger we are averaging about 30 people at each comp so the bigger we get the more we hope some so-cal and nor-cal guys will come and rep there clubs well hope to see some of you guys show up till next time.....P III

When is the next comp that you have planned? I want to try and make one and need to set some times for the drive up. I work on saturdays so I will probably make only the sunday or monday setups. LMK thanks.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYACE63 View Post
When is the next comp that you have planned? I want to try and make one and need to set some times for the drive up. I work on saturdays so I will probably make only the sunday or monday setups. LMK thanks.
the next comp is this weekend saturday and sunday call derik and tell him ol dirty told you to hit him up on the comp its only about an hour from lompoc both of my brothers live there but you should come for sure till next time...................P III
ol dirty dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

I paid my entry fee to Derek for the SLO comp this weekend. I can only run on Saturday now...work schedule changed again. So, I'll see all you mugs early Sat morning in SLO.
I just spent $150 in parts at HHQ to get upgraded for the comp (my first). Derek there is top notch and knows his chit.