Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: San Francisco Bay Area Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default San Francisco Bay Area Crawlers

I have been trying to get together with some local people for some local crawling with no success. I live in fremont and would be willing to drive within reason for some crawling fun. I have been toying with the idea for making my own course in my back yard but would rather get together with some local people and crawl instead of crawling solo in my back yard. If anyone knows of any good spots near fremont please post them here and if your looking to make new friends and crawl send me a PM. Thanks

Last edited by grimgard; 12-05-2008 at 10:10 AM.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

im driving to manteca tomorrow if you want to go ill pick you up im in san mateo. if you could meet me in hayward. that would work good.. you got to work tomorrow? if you do then next week anytime i have a good spot if you want to go acrossed the bay bridge. just north of the airport on e. grand exit. let me know - patrick
BL44ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #3
RCC Addict

There's a comp in Manteca on the 14th, you might want to attend and ask around for local fremont guys ....
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL44ST View Post
im driving to manteca tomorrow if you want to go ill pick you up im in san mateo. if you could meet me in hayward. that would work good.. you got to work tomorrow? if you do then next week anytime i have a good spot if you want to go acrossed the bay bridge. just north of the airport on e. grand exit. let me know - patrick
I work Monday-Friday and me and my fiance are going to gilroy gardens saturday so maybe the weekend of the 14th? I'll have to check my schedual. I'll send you a PM with my cell number. Thanks
Old 12-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
I joined the Band!

Default My Rig

Here is my rig not sure if it is comp ready but it crawls realy well. Its a RTR with some upgrades. I just got XC1 body yesterday.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

first thing you need is tires. get losi rock claws first ... if you want to try some first u can use mine. also you need to weight the front with anything you can get i use car stick on weights. and half of what you put in the front in the rear. make the rear stiffer then the front suspension. 4 link the rear. move your links inside of your skid plate. that is the basic set up to compete.
BL44ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
I joined the Band!

I PM'ed you guy's my cell phone number. Give me a call so I can plan my weekend. The manteca comp looks like fun and I would like to go but I need to know if were going or not. I do have a raiders game to go to but since they suck so bad this year I would rather go crawling. So if you guys are going and want to car pool please call me so I can lock in my weekend. If not I'll just go to the Raiders game and watch them loose again I can drive or you guys can drive either way its all good.

I have some weights in my front tires and I wanted to see how other peoples AX's are set up before I do anymore upgrades but so far I really like the way my AX10 runs.