Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Kern County Crawlerz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Kern County Crawlerz

K. C. C. Invites you!

I'm trying to start a club in Kern County. Anyjbe interested let me know. I'm tired of crawling alone!

-CaliKingCrawler-
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Sounds cool.Next time I go fish he Kern maybe we can meet up somewhere
fordmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:06 AM   #3

Hey have you started your club? I just started to build my first crawler. I'm in the area (McFarland). so maybe when Im done we can crawl together.
CH89LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Supposed to go to the Kern this Sunday. Mite hit-up some rocks/trails. Anyone close to the river?
fordmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Just picked up a crawler. any good spots to go?
Aaronb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Good crawling spots around Bakersfield:

Under the bike path bridge at Riverwalk (?) Park - Stockdale Hwy & Buena Vista Rd. - Park in the lot next to the lake and walk northwest across one of the footbridges. Walk under the bike path bridge. There is a nice rock patch the full length of the bridge with some challenging gaps and lots of holes. It is traversable all the way across but will take some skill. 8/10

South end of the Calloway Drive bridge - Calloway just north of Stockdale Hwy. - Park behind the Elephant Bar and walk down the bike path to where it goes under the bridge. There are some fun, easy rocks up the west side of the embankment up to the street, and more difficult ones under the bridge. Probably a little better for scalers. 5/10

Kern Canyon - .9 miles inside the mouth of the canyon - go exactly .9 miles into the canyon. Right before the left curve there is a turn out on the left side in front of a tree, almost looks like a camping area. Park there or at the turnout on the left immediately after the tree. Walk up the road about 50 yards and head down toward the river. It's on the upstream side of a HUGE boulder. You'll see what looks like a solid rock with ledges, steps and a small tree right in the middle of it. THIS IS THE PLACE! It's perfect for 1/10 crawlers with varying degrees of difficulty. A good place for a small (5-6 person) comp, or maybe 4 or 5 guys running at once. This place is a blast! 9/10

Racer's Haven - White Lane - Yes, they have a crawler course, but it's mostly concrete and not very well put together. It's a last choice for me. 2/10

Panama Road ~1.5 miles west of Buena Vista - A few piles of concrete that I found early on. North side of the road right before the unfinished housing development out there, McAllister Ranch I think. Better than the haven in my opinion. 4/10

Akers Road just north of Pacheco - Another concrete pile, just west of the concrete (?) plant. North of the RR tracks on the east side of Akers. Small pile, but fun. 3/10

24th Street and Buck Owens Blvd - Go north on Buck Owens and take an IMMEDIATE right on Riverside Dr. This is right before the Arby's. There is a hotel and a check cashing place on this street. Park at the end of the street and walk down to the river. It's a combination of rock and broken concrete and asphalt. It runs from bank to bank, with lots of gaps and jagged edges. There are also rocks on both banks and under the bridge so it's got a variety of terrain. I like it. 7/10

Also, I've been talking to the owners of Full Throttle Hobby up on Lerdo Hwy, east of Hwy 99. The son is interested in building an indoor course if he gets enough interest, both in helping to build it and running it on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure it would be on a paying basis (maybe $5 a day????) but we should be able to talk him into keeping it cheap if he charges. He said his plate is full right now with the race track but it's definitely on his list.

Last edited by JoeMotor; 04-04-2009 at 12:43 PM.
JoeMotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronb View Post
Just picked up a crawler. any good spots to go?
Aaron, you should have LOTS of good places up by you! Check out Keene, I saw a hill that looked like it was solid rock up top, just north of the highway. Didn't get of the highway to check it out proper, but I'll leave that up to you.

Let us Bako guys know what you find up there, and we'll do the same.

Also, anybody looking for good crawling spots, Google maps and Google Earth are your friends.

If anyone gets permission to get on the Kern River Ranch property on Rancheria Road or at the mouth of the canyon HOOK A BROTHER UP! There is a killer rock field just west/north of the river that is inaccessible but looks like a 10/10. The only way in is off of Rancheria and it's fences and gates all the way up. I guess I'll have to stop and talk to them tomorrow. The ranch office is right there....

Last edited by JoeMotor; 04-02-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
RCC Addict

This is sweet. I'm gunna have to hit up these spots really soon. Just ordered my new artr. Should get it monday. Maybe we can meet up next week at the calloway bridge spot. Also if your heading south on 99 toward the grape vine there is a HUGE concrete pile. I mean huge. I think it is just past bear mountain blvd. on the right next to the on ramp.

Last edited by calikingcrawler; 07-06-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:27 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

sweet! There are definitly tons of spots to go in Tehachapi, I just need to go hunting. I just picked up an axial rtr so ive never really thought about crawling spots. Ill keep the thread updated as I find the spots.
Aaronb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Logo idea
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #11

Cool logo but that Z at the end is so '90s, as played out as the word 'extreme'. Velveeta

The riverbed north of 24th street was pretty fun today. It's a mix of rocks and broken concrete/asphalt that goes all the way from bank to bank.

Post some of those vids we made in the canyon, JotoMoto.

Last edited by BoogerJones; 04-03-2009 at 07:21 PM.
BoogerJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Sweet. I like it. There is a sign and sticker shop next to my shop. Let me know and I'll have some made. I work on Buck Owens Blvd so I need to check out the 24 st spot.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I actually like the z at the end. I must be stuck in the 90's.

You need to quit breaking your truck so we can crawl for more than 15 minutes at a time.

I haven't had time to put those vids together yet but I'll try to get them done tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

sweet...more than just a few guys in bako to crawl with......well as of right now JoeMotor, BoogerJones, me, and maybe r2d2dad (depends if he can get off work early) are going to the canyon spot monday from around 5:00pm-dark if anyone is interested....

as for the logo, i'm undecided on the "z" i like how it looks like the KC light covers though...

and i cant wait for the video joel....should be good.

Last edited by ae racer; 04-04-2009 at 01:17 PM.
ae racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I may be game for the Monday night crawl. I have 2 crawlers I can take up there and play with. I kind of stopped crawling a few months ago but I'm sure it won't take long to get me back into it.
Esteban86K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMotor View Post
You need to quit breaking your truck so we can crawl for more than 15 minutes at a time.
If it ain't breaking, you're not driving it hard enough.
BoogerJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

yeh i went out to the bikepath bridge and strupped a servo yesterday...cheap plastic gears and almost no torque... i need to get a better one..lol well i have another one in there right now that i think came from a rtr truggy but it doesnt have any torque either... w/e i guess...and just incase the servo strips again on mon, im bringing two spares..lol
ae racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #18
RCC Addict

We should set something up for the week after Easter. I'm off all week and I am gunna be bored. Would go monday but i wont even be back in bakersfield till around 7. Lucky bastards.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Is everyone still going tonite?
Esteban86K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Yes, we'll be leaving town around 4:30 pm today. If you wanna hook up be at the mouth of the canyon right next to the "264 people drowned" sign at 4:45. You can follow us in. There is plenty of parking where we go. I'll pm you my cell in case you need it. Come on out!