Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: CA State/County/City Parks Policies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Event Planning

Quote:
But what does it take to get a special events permit? I've personally never had any problems out there, but 45+ people at that location may change things.
Good question - looks like the person we would contact is Liz Beale:
Email: lbeale@parks.ca.gov
Phone: 707.865.2394

I will send her an email asking that question, I suppose Goat Rock would be the best spot for an event? Nice parking and bathrooms with plenty of rocks for crawling?
lwarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Someone also mentioned that there's a differance between a GTG and an event in a park. An event has flyers, often admission, etc .. A GTG can be a large family, or group. So, we might need to change the way we do things alittle bit? I think the event needs insurance, but the GTG does not.

Can you ask about this also Thomas? And, thank you so much for doing the leg work here, it's AWESOME! and much appriciated!!
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

For those here in Orange County, I have spoken with a OCSD Deputy about our crawlers. We went over specifics of the vehicles and that they do not cause erosion issues, fuel spills, noise and paint transfers. After reviewing the Muni Codes for Orange County, the only type of RC that is prohibited in any county park/area/jursidiction is airplanes.

We have had our issues with horse riders, but we stop all crawler movement until the horse and rider are no longer able to see a crawler. Most are pretty good about it, there have been a few that have been told to beat it....
41565chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Default Sonoma Coast State Beach Event Forms

Looks like 15 or more people will require a filing fee ($25) and a special event permit($25). In addition we need our own event insurance($?) and possibly an event monitor($50 per hour). I say we split the event into discrete time slots so that there are never more than 15 NBRCC members in one park at a time. Perhaps there could be courses in more than one park as well so that people can rotate through? As long as we keep the number below 15 at any one time we should be golden

Copied from the guidelines doc they sent me:

A filing fee of $25.00 must be submitted with the Special Event application and is non-refundable.

The charge for non-wedding events is $25.00 per day, payable one week prior to the day of your activity. The $25.00 non-refundable filing fee is not deducted from this cost. Fees are subject to change. Please write separate checks for the filing fee and the event fee. Checks should be made payable to California State Parks.

Day use fees will be collected in addition to the event fee in those areas that charge for day use.

An additional charge for a Special Event Monitor(s) may be charged. The cost is 50.00 dollars per hour with a four-hour minimum. A monitor is required when necessary to insure the safety of the participants and integrity of the park. The need to have a monitor will be decided on a case-by-case basis. However, a monitor is always required when bringing more than 6-8 chairs, music, alcohol, or other furnishings to your event. A monitor is always required if 150 or more people are expected to attend your event.

Insurance:

Insurance is required for all events with the exception of weddings. Weddings only require insurance when alcohol is served or when other “out of the ordinary” events are to take place.

Permittee shall provide this office a Certificate of Insurance with limits as set by the form. This office must receive a DPR 169 Certificate 30 days prior to an event. The insurance takes liability away from the State and puts it on the Insurance Company paid for by the permittee.
The permittee can get issuance through “any” insurance company or if they have a caterer they may already have the insurance to cover the event. Either way a DPR 169 Certificate of Insurance must be completed, or an Accord 25 that is a form the Insurance industry uses, but it must include the two disclaimers on the DPR169 word for word.

Permittee agrees to pay for any/all damages and repairs to State Park lands and facilities or other resources, as may be necessary incidental to the event.

Last edited by lwarc; 02-10-2009 at 01:05 PM.
lwarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:43 AM   #25

with the state taking more &more of our land great topic. i was warned in big bain for parking(my bad) they seemed almost happy to see the park used for "others uses" after groping my tires like a baby on a tit and agreement to pay for park use we were all happy! dont litter!!!! if you smoke like me put in ur shoe or were ever on you, if you brought it in take it with you out.
FONZERELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

a friend of mine is a boss at california land manigment thay run camp grounds and day use areas all over the state I can get him to wright a letter saying we can use there property as long as we pay the parking fees
on stolen rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

This thread should be a sticky. A lot of good useful information here.
chetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetly View Post
This thread should be a sticky. A lot of good useful information here.
good useful info indeed sticky i think not .... there are plenty of stickies around here search comes in handy sometimes as well
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #29
Relaxed !

Talking

our spots rockville,(per person fee/family 6 mos pass) good place, just pack out! the other is canyon creek(the only name to associate) is free not patrolled (awesome crawl spot) but if we do our part to keep it clean noone can bitch!
hey guy's as long as we do our part noone should be able to bitch!
Keepin it clean shows we are here to stay
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote