Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Concord hobby town review, if that's what you wanna call it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Concord hobby town review, if that's what you wanna call it

What a great place this is! Mike and his crew here are beyond helpfull and nice to you at the same time. It seems stupid when I say that, but when you need help and have many questions on things, and they they keep feeding you info with a smile on their face, it feels like they actally care about your problem or situation. And holy crap, they have all the crawler "specialty" parts you could ever want. I went in looking for the steel outdrive for the s3r dig (a random piece), yeah they had it. I don't know of they ship, but you can call and ask. They seriously have a lot of crawler parts.

Anyway, it's a great hobby shop with a great crew. Good job Mike on building a knowlegeble and friendly shop that is well stocked with a crawler "track".
S/X Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

They are a great source for crawler parts. When I first heard about the crawling place they built, I had to go there to check it out. I was surprised when I got there, not only did they have a huge amount of crawler parts(and adding more all the time) the staff was very knowlegeable about the parts, as well as setup and advice, and of course the indoor crawling place is awesome too. I think this upcoming comp is going to be great, and hopefully will have many more to come. I have come to be a big supporter of this place, and a huge thanks to Mike for hiring me to help with the crawling. If anyone goes there, I think they will be as impressed as I was about the store and it's helpful staff.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
Like a boss...

S/X Runner,

That is really nice of you to post and say.

We try really hard. We're not always perfect, but we try hard to have what you need and be able to help you with it.

Thank you for the kind words.

-Mike
mann0mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:41 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Well S/X Runner, Grimguard, and I should be there about 10, ready to crawl.
Krawln68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
Dan
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the kind words guys, most everyone working in the RC section has a crawler, that helps out quite a bit right there. I know that the crawler track is Mike's baby, if you look in his sig, it's true that he sees rocks in his sleep He has worked real hard to get to were it was.
I am excited for the upcoming comp as it will be my very first time participating in one. I'll see you guys tomorrow; I'll be crawlin up a storm, if my rig stays in one piece.

-Dan
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #6

thanks for the compliments, we definitely try.
idlechuck34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mann0mann View Post
S/X Runner,

That is really nice of you to post and say.

We try really hard. We're not always perfect, but we try hard to have what you need and be able to help you with it.

Thank you for the kind words.

-Mike
I'm just telling the truth. You guys are great over there.

So I went there today to crawl on the indoor course. It was great, except for that I forgot my batteries. short story and boring, so I won't go into it.

There was some great people at the course that I meet today. Gunnar, What a great guy this is. He let me use his charger to charge the one battery I had. He also gave me some tips on my S3R dig. A class act for sure.

So some of the crew at hobby town heard I was there and went looking for me. They found me and wanted to thank me in person for the kind words that have been said on the forum about their store. Now that is dedication to your business and great customer service. every time I go there, I am amazed at the knowledge and friendliness that is there.

A quick note on why they kick ass...I went in to get a servo for my S3R dig. I was pretty dead set on a certain servo. One of the employees in the RC department is helping me. I end up with a MUCH better servo in all aspects for the exact same price as the one I wanted when I walked in. Add another mark to the kick ass box.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Thanks for the kind words, I'm willing to help anyone who comes out to crawl. I know what it's like to forget something, breakage, all the rest. Better to keep someone going than let them sit on the sidelines.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
Thanks for the kind words, I'm willing to help anyone who comes out to crawl. I know what it's like to forget something, breakage, all the rest. Better to keep someone going than let them sit on the sidelines.
Yeah, that kinda sucked.

Anyway people, if you are anywhere near this place you gotta stop in and check it out. Or better yet go there when they are crawling and check that out.