Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Any Thousand Oaks area crawlers/good locations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 01:21 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Any Thousand Oaks area crawlers/good locations

So I feel almost like a "loner" on here being the only guy, it seems like, in Thousand Oaks who crawls. So far for those who know what I am talking about () I have found two good sites to crawl at that *dont seem* to have any "strings" attached.
Near the bridge by the Thousand Oaks library (if you go down the main entrance road to the library and stay to the right, you pass over a bridge) and there are some "hard/sharp" rocks held in with that rough concrete. Nothing "amazing" in terms of size but looks like a challenge to side hill and ascend with the rocks being at odd angles I marked this in blue

Even smaller is on the "dog park size" of E. Ave De Las Flores and the 23 freeway. I marked this in red

Sure these are nothing amazing but so far its what I have found, anyone got other good sites to report. There is the "dam" but I dont know how happy they would be if we needed to rescue a car off it

http://picasaweb.google.com/Calvino....20390456069410 map hope that helps some, thought I would give a shout out to all those crawling guys to find good spots
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2009, 11:55 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Exclamation

Hum darn... looks like there is no one here who crawls... darn Ok well i tried out the location by the freeway and the doggie park turned out to be relatively lousy, the rocks were way to big, and not much room for any "good lines" so enough said... it was a dud But by the library was a different story, 2 good spots, tons of lines, and the concrete in between was nuts! Man the dam is so screaming to be crawled... whatever if I crawl it its gunna be risky... safety rope anyone
Old 12-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I have not really explored T.O. looking for crawl spots but I grew up there and a couple come to mind. Dover and Hendrix park has some natural and man made rocks in a creek that runs through the middle of the park. Wildwood has all kinds of rock formations in the canyon and in the hills.
am4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I know exactly what your talking about. I also noticed at the park by the library in the playground area there are some pretty mean looking artifical rocks... time to show these kids how its done to get over them. Every time i am out and about I try and look for new spots to put up Simi has some awesome areas, its just sortof a drive to get out
Old 12-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

PM sent, check out the venture crawling thread there are a couple of us just over the grade that go crawling regularly.
sbarnesvta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarnesvta View Post
PM sent, check out the venture crawling thread there are a couple of us just over the grade that go crawling regularly.
Thanks, I never saw it so i put up this thread....