Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: McInnis Park this morning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #1

Default McInnis Park this morning

Hi, this is my first post here. I usually just browse. This morning I went to McInnis Park in San Rafael to do a little crawling and was surprised at what I saw. Someone has marked out several courses with white paint marker, and added a comment or two to the rocks as well. On a good note, there was no trash as I have seen(and picked up) in the past. I cannot imagine the park authorities condoned this or even approve of it. All it takes is one person walking their dog to complain or one trip by the ranger to check the area out and future use, especially for organized groups, could be compromised.

In my opinion, McInnis is the best place locally to RC crawl and it is my understanding that one of the local clubs holds competitions there. I would hate for future use to be jeopardized by this. The arrows were drawn in many places, with "start" painted on the rocks as well. If the folks who did this read this board, please, buy some tennis balls or other non permanent markers, and, if anyone wants to help me clean this off, I am going to try and make it back there next weekend. Here's a picture I took of some of the writing, but there is a lot more paint on the rocks.

ecvMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #2

...and, a few pics of my junk crawling!

I broke a link with this tumble.

The arrow in the bottom right corner of this picture is what is most commonly around:

Last edited by ecvMatt; 02-07-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Hi, this is my first post here. I usually just browse. This morning I went to McInnis Park in San Rafael to do a little crawling and was surprised at what I saw. Someone has marked out several courses with white paint marker, and added a comment or two to the rocks as well. On a good note, there was no trash as I have seen(and picked up) in the past. I cannot imagine the park authorities condoned this or even approve of it. All it takes is one person walking their dog to complain or one trip by the ranger to check the area out and future use, especially for organized groups, could be compromised.

In my opinion, McInnis is the best place locally to RC crawl and it is my understanding that one of the local clubs holds competitions there. I would hate for future use to be jeopardized by this. The arrows were drawn in many places, with "start" painted on the rocks as well. If the folks who did this read this board, please, buy some tennis balls or other non permanent markers, and, if anyone wants to help me clean this off, I am going to try and make it back there next weekend. Here's a picture I took of some of the writing, but there is a lot more paint on the rocks.

This is very disappointing to see. The Rangers a Mccinnis have been very cool and supportive to R/C crawling letting NBRCC hold 2 organized comps there. They have also said that we were welcome to comp there in the future. I can only hope that whoever did this was not someone that has attended any of our comps. PLEASE DO NOT RUIN THIS SPOT FOR US!
hellbentrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

if you clean rocks, only use simple green and brushes / scotch brite, that is what the friends of the rubicon use for trail clean up
AlphaQup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I think that is one of the most inteligent First Posts I've seen! It really dosn't take much nowdays to shut down an area,and there hard enough to find as it is! Many props to you going back and cleaning it up!
Straightjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
RCC Addict

That is a real bummer! I know sometimes guys just want to be funny and write stuff on the rocks, but it can seriously ruin this spot for all of us! PLEASE do not do this at any place we crawl, or comp.

Matt: Thanks for posting this up. If you happen to hear who did this, please let us know. Also, if you want to get into the comp side of things, check out the NBRCC section for what's happening locally. You're more than welcome to come comp or run with us anytime!
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I think the focus is getting this cleaned up! We don't use paint but if we want to have this available we need to do something fast. I may not be much help with my arm in a cast. Whatever I can do let me know.
Thanks ecvMatt
PEE WEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #8

Default Mc Innis Park

Fellow crawlers I'm very good friends with Bob who is the Head Ranger at the park. I also work with him on a weekly basis. I will assure him that it was not the work of the NBRCC that put the arrows and the lettering on the rocks. I have seen others with rigs on the rocks M-F during the day, but no one was putting arrows for directions. Hopefully the guilty one will remove his/her writings to preserve a sight that all can enjoy in the future. Mike
247FSHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I crawl there on regular basis and on a monday i showed up and there were arrows for a course,after looking at the arrows it comes off pretty easy.looks like white out or something like that,there's been a few coffee cups being left around and i always clean them up,and just yesterday there were beer cans that someone left from over the weekend,cleaned those up too.it looks like the rain might help with clean up of the arrows,im gonna go there today and help clean the stuff off...

Hey Matt..I go there often during the week,if you want to meet up and crawl around let me know..

Last edited by sloyota; 02-09-2010 at 10:03 AM.
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

That is total BS! I don't believe that a bunny lives in there. Seriously though, this is too high profile of an area to do that kind of stuff at.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I hope who ever the asshat artist is painting those rocks gets the picture real soon what a tard.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #12
TEAM RCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
I hope who ever the asshat artist is painting those rocks gets the picture real soon what a tard.

LOL u said asshat Name:  asshat.gif
Views: 169
Size:  3.4 KB
bcrofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

WOW!....X2 on the great introduction.This has got to be fixed! Im currently stuck outta town (LA) BUT I will donate any funds needed for this clean up too happen ASAP
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Default Not Good

Damn, all it takes is one Jackass to ruin things for the rest of us. I'm happy you brought attention to this, so that we as a group can help fix this problem.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
Damn, all it takes is one Jackass to ruin things for the rest of us. I'm happy you brought attention to this, so that we as a group can help fix this problem.

"My dads Favorite QUOTE" ....HOW TRUE THAT IS THOUGH

I will be driving back from LA Friday afternoon I wanna stop by and see what I can do,I have scotch brite pad's,Denatured Alcohol,acetone,wire brush's already in the Van.What would work best?

Can somebody throw up a GOOGLE view of park? (for direction's)
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #16

So, I finally made it back there this weekend. I stopped yesterday without my crawler, briefly, and saw the bunny! Well, a bunny anyhow. Went back today with some friends to crawl. I had planned on bringing a wire brush but, when I got there it wasn't in my tool box(now, where exactly they are is another question.) It looks like there are more arrows, in silly places that cannot possibly be driveable. I'll try and get back there next weekend, my work schedule doesn't really give me time during the week, otherwise, it will probably be 3 weeks to a month before I can make it back(moving, yea!)

Thanks for all the support everyone, I think McInnis is the best place locally and hope to continue to have fun there.

ecvMatt