Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Nor-Cal Finals Recap!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Cool Nor-Cal Finals Recap!

I just wanted to give a little recap and credit where it is due on the Nor-Cal shoot out.
Friday night at the camp site was a blast! Dpsurf (Dave) was making some killer margaritas (thanks for though's Dave there were great). Badger (John) had the Parker stories going on the stereo and the scx10 and slash bashing. Badger brought the jumps out we were having fun then we moved the jumps to the fire!! OH my had some fun there. W-designs (Andy) and abadk9420 (Curtis) Big Geo (Johnny) were there it was a good time indeed.

Saturday was comp time! Tech was fun (not) I had a upper link that at some point pull half way out the rod end that I didn’t notice the night before. Well fixed that ok cool life goes on walking down the hill to the comp site the bag I carry my rigs in rips ok no biggy( there is more later). Now I want to Thank Andy, Dave, Travis, Brian, Justin, Greg, Bucky and who ever else I missed for setting course. There some fun and challenging course. Alough you would not know it the way Brain, Travis, Justin, Kev G, Joel and Anthony were driving very TOP NOTCH to you all negative 60's, 70s and 80s. I do so so on the course 1 and 2 then came course 4. Well now I think im going to call that the money pond. Im going along doing great I get to the bonus get thru gate B1 just fine then BAM on my lid. I say to my self ok your still good. Start working it up hill on it lid get it over after moving it 5 or so feet up the hill. Then every one see BONCE,BONCE, BONCE, SLPASH. Fried a servo and tweaked the dig switch up to the point it locks into front dig for the rest of the weekend. Need less to say I was really bummed out! Ended my day with a 72. But thanks to good friends Greg (PeeWee) gave me his spare 9157 servo to use. THANK YOU bud that was very cool of you! And Justin for loaning me his spare Punk switch THANK YOU TO that was awesome of you. I was up and running by 10pm that night. Yea yea I know it was HOT as HELL that day and I was tired. Oh yea the heat man was it HOT that day. I had to stop time just to wipe the sweat from my eyes. By the time I got to bed I was think it was a great day even though it was a bit of a disaster for me.

Sunday was another DAMM HOT DAY another 4 very good course! I had a ok day. I stayed out of the water and finished the day with a -2 not my best but ill take it. It brought me up to 9th and out of the some 70 or so drivers in the Nor-Cal series (all clubs included) ill take it! Big congrats to Brain and Travis for locking in the invites very nice driving from you 2 as always I know you will kill the Nat’s and good job to Stuck (Joel) and Big Geo (Johnny) for locking in the 1.9 invites you 2 know how to handle though's little guys.

All in all it was a very HOT but very FUN weekend I’d do it again in a heart beat!

Thanks to all the clubs and club leaders for a great year and all your hard work you put into this. I’ve enjoyed every comp and come to know you all as friends. Heres to all thank you and may next year be even better!!! Cheers
James

This is the only picture I took all weekend. Its Badgers slash jumping the fire.

pleas add your own recap if you want and mabye some pictures and video I know there's some out there.

Last edited by jammin311; 06-09-2010 at 07:32 PM.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
RCC Addict

X2 James it was one hell of a fun weekend and i was not even competing, even though they offered to let me run, I was just to hot and worn out from judging, LOL!!!!!! I have almost 400 pictures to sort through and will try yo get some up soon.
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin311 View Post
I just wanted to give a little recap and credit where it is due on the Nor-Cal shoot out.
Friday night at the camp site was a blast! Dpsurf (Dave) was making some killer margaritas (thanks for though's Dave there were great). Badger (John) had the Parker stories going on the stereo and the scx10 and slash bashing. Badger brought the jumps out we were having fun then we moved the jumps to the fire!! OH my had some fun there. W-designs (Andy) and abadk9420 (Curtis) Big Geo (Johnny) were there it was a good time indeed.

Saturday was comp time! Tech was fun (not) I had a upper link that at some point pull half way out the rod end that I didn’t notice the night before. Well fixed that ok cool life goes on walking down the hill to the comp site the bag I carry my rigs in rips ok no biggy( there is more later). Now I want to Thank Andy, Dave, Travis, Brian, Justin, Greg, Bucky and who ever else I missed for setting course. There some fun and challenging course. Alough you would not know it the way Brain, Travis, Justin, Kev G, Joel and Anthony were driving very TOP NOTCH to you all negative 60's, 70s and 80s. I do so so on the course 1 and 2 then came course 4. Well now I think im going to call that the money pond. Im going along doing great I get to the bonus get thru gate B1 just fine then BAM on my lid. I say to my self ok your still good. Start working it up hill on it lid get it over after moving it 5 or so feet up the hill. Then every one see BONCE,BONCE, BONCE, SLPASH. Fried a servo and tweaked the dig switch up to the point it locks into front dig for the rest of the weekend. Need less to say I was really bummed out! Ended my day with a 72. But thanks to good friends Greg (PeeWee) gave me his spare 9157 servo to use. THANK YOU bud that was very cool of you! And Justin for loaning me his spare Punk switch THANK YOU TO that was awesome of you. I was up and running by 10pm that night. Yea yea I know it was HOT as HELL that day and I was tired. Oh yea the heat man was it HOT that day. I had to stop time just to wipe the sweat from my eyes. By the time I got to bed I was think it was a great day even though it was a bit of a disaster for me.

Sunday was another DAMM HOT DAY another 4 very good course! I had a ok day. I stayed out of the water and finished the day with a -2 not my best but ill take it. It brought me up to 9th and out of the some 70 or so drivers in the Nor-Cal series (all clubs included) ill take it! Big congrats to Brain and Travis for locking in the invites very nice driving from you 2 as always I know you will kill the Nat’s and good job to Stuck (Joel) and Big Geo (Johnny) for locking in the 1.9 invites you 2 know how to handle though's little guys.

All in all it was a very HOT but very FUN weekend I’d do it again in a heart beat!

Thanks to all the clubs and club leaders for a great year and all your hard work you put into this. I’ve enjoyed every comp and come to know you all as friends. Heres to all thank you and may next year be even better!!! Cheers
James

This is the only picture I took all weekend. Its Badgers slash jumping the fire.

pleas add your own recap if you want and mabye some pictures and video I know there's some out there.
Looks like a Ofna Jammin
blue devil toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Congrats Joel thats awesome you are going to Nationals!!! freakin sick. Kick ass man

Jammin ? for ya. Who is the girl in your avatar and do you have the fullsize pic? wink wink
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
Congrats Joel thats awesome you are going to Nationals!!! freakin sick. Kick ass man

Jammin ? for ya. Who is the girl in your avatar and do you have the fullsize pic? wink wink

Maggie Gyllenhaal is her name she played in the 2002 movie Secretary and in Batman the dark knight as Rachel Dawes.

do a google of here name and you will see lots of pic's
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I posted more pics in the nor cal finals thread in the comp section
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote