Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Scale Comp in Sacramento, CA (Fast Track Hobbies Citrus Heights)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Scale Comp in Sacramento, CA (Fast Track Hobbies Citrus Heights)

Any one up for starting scale comps in Sacramento (Citrus Heights, CA) @ Fast Track Hobbies? Course was redone to be more scaler friendly. The only requirement until we know how many rigs to expect is that wheels and tires be 1.9's. A few of us are going to be there Thursday night 7-7:30 ish. July, 1

Update on nights, we will meet again Thursday, July 8th but will be switching to Tuesday nights starting July 13th Start time around 7ish so the guys at fast track can get home.

Here are the rules we are working towards. I got them from "KAETWO" which will go into effect for national events in 2011. We are just starting so I'm sure we can work out details as we go.

***PLEASE NOTE***

THESE RULES ARE FOR 2011 AND WILL NOT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL NOV. 1ST, 2010 JUST AFTER THE SEASON CLOSURE COMP.

WE WILL MODIFY THE RULES AS NEEDED BEFORE THE ABOVE DEADLINE

Vehicle Classes

Street Class
• Description - An off-road vehicle that you would drive to the trail head
• Vehicle must have a windshield
• Wheels must be aligned within the bodies wheel wells
• The inside of the tire cannot extend beyond the bodies wheel well
• Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase)
• You cannot have an open buggy back. If your vehicle has a bed, it must be filled and resemble a working bed.
• No dovetailed bodies (front or rear)
• 115mm / 4.5" max tire size with no rim restrictions
• 12" Max. wheelbase for Pro class / no wheelbase restriction for Sportsman
• 20 Min. Scale Points Required for the Pro class
• 15 Min. Scale Points Required for the Sportsman Class
• Scale points above a classes min. up too 30 points will be deducted from there overall score.
• Gates will be 11" wide

Trail Class
• Description - An off-road vehicle that you would trailer to the trail head
• 140mm / 5.5" max tire size with no rim restrictions
• 20 Min. Scale Points Required for the Pro class
• 15 Min. Scale Points Required for the Sportsman Class
• Scale points above a classes min. up too 30 points will be deducted from there overall score
• Gates will be 12" wide
• Not all 140mm / 5.5" tires will be allowed. Please see ban list below;

Tire Ban List
• Losi Claws
• Losi Comp Claws
• Hot Bodies Rovers
• Hot Bodies Sedonas
• HPI Rock Grabbers
• Panther Cougars
• Panther Leopards
• Pro-Line Chisels
• RC4WD Rocklin
• RC4WD X-Locks
• JConcepts Rocx
• Pitbull Rock Beast

As new competition specific tires are released this list may be updated.

General Vehicle Details
V.1 Vehicles must resemble a real 1:1 rig and it will be up to the collective group to vote on whether a questionable rig is accepted or not.
V.2 Tire size will be determined by measuring the tire with the rig off the ground. Please keep in mind that foam, rims and other factors could increase or decrease the tire diameter, so TEST before you come out to the Events.
V.3 Tire modification such as sipping and cutting lugs is allowed in both the Street Class and the Trail Class. Tire reduction and narrowing is limited to the Trail Class only and is not allowed in the Street Class.
V.4 You must run a rail chassis (for example: Bruiser/Mountaineer, Axial Scale Rig, Reign RC K2-3S, 3L, 4, 5, MFM, X-Trail, CR-01, etc...) The exception to this rule is the Tamiya CC-01 or TA-02 (Hummer, S-10, Ford F-150 and Toyota Hilux)
V.5 No 4 wheel steering allowed
V.6 Single motor shaft driven axles only (no MOA axles)
V.7 No dig, cutter breaks or drive disconnect of any kind
V.8 The vehicles battery/ies, must be mounted to the chassis
V.9 There are no rims distinctions. For example you can run a 1.5, 1.9, 2.0 or 2.2 rim in any class.
V.10 If you are going to use a tow strap or a pull pal during your run, you must carry it on your rig at all times.
V.11 Winching can only be performed off of natural objects (i.e. trees, rocks, ect...), other vehicles or stakes supplied by the course maker. Winching off of a person such as there shoe or hand is not allowed.
V.12 A tuber is a vehicle made from rod or tube from the ground up. Brazing or bolting a tube structure to an SCX-10 chassis for example is NOT a tube chassis and does NOT need to meet these min. requirements. "Tube chassis's are ONLY allowed in the Trail class and will NOT be permitted in Street. It must have a full interior, 2 front seats SIDE BY SIDE, a dash, a steering wheel, a hood panel, a roof panel and a left and right side panel. If it is a jeep, it needs to resemble a jeep. The minimum size for the tubers is as follows:

Height 5 " , measured from bottom of skid pan to the roof top
Width 5 " , measured from the middle of the door bars, side to side
Length - The length of the tub work, minus the front and rear bumpers must be at least the length of the rigs wheelbase. For example if your vehicles wheelbase is 12.5", then your tube work but be at least 12.5" long, minus the front and rear bumpers.

General Details
• An Event will start at 9:00AM with signups at 8:30AM
• Courses will be timed
• An Event will last 4-5 hours
• An Event will consist of 2-4 courses for the day, depending on time restraints.
• Courses may have bonus lines that will require winching. Bonus lines are NOT required but are only there for those that wish to take on the challenge.
• Course will be tough and made to push the scale vehicle limits. This is to encourage competitors to improve there rigs from one Event to another.
• Competitors are encouraged to build and bring obstacles for the Event.
• Winches are HIGHLY recommended!!!!!

Scale Points

Scale points are calculated based on the difficulty of applying them to the scale rig and the impact that the scale item has on the rigs performance. These points and scale items are not 100% inclusive and can be modified as needed.

(You will notice some points that look like this: 1/2 points. To explain, this is NOT one half point. The first number "1" is points awarded for the plastic part the second number "2" is points awarded for the metal part.)

1/2 point – Body accessories – (Jerry Can, Antennae, Exhaust, License Plate, side mirrors, window wipers, mud flaps, fuel cell, non-functioning winch, non-functioning lights etc...) Maximum of 2 points
1/2 point – Recovery equipment – (Highlift Jack, Air Tank, Pull Pale, Tow Rope, Shovel, Break Bar, etc...) Maximum of 2 points
1/2 point – Camping gear – (Sleeping bag, Cooler, etc...) Maximum of 2 of points
1/2 point – Driver 75%/100% complete (Maximum of 1)
1/2 point - Lexan interior
2 points - Functional lights. You must have 2 headlights and 2 tail lights and they must be functioning during your run.
2/3 points - Roll cage (Plastic/Metal)
2/3 points - Roof rack (Plastic/Metal)
2/3 points - Rock rails (Plastic/Metal)
2/3 points – Spare Tire Rack (Plastic/Metal)
3 points - Functional winch (Maximum of 1)
2/4 points – Tube Bed (Plastic/Metal)
2/4 points – 6-Point Role Cage (Plastic/Metal)
2/4 points - Truggy / Flatbed (Plastic/Metal)
1/3 points – Plastic Bumpers (Must be attached to frame) -1 front, -1 rear, -3 for both. Must look like 1:1 bumpers.
2/5 points – Metal Bumpers (Must be attached to frame) -2 front, -2 rear, -5 for both. Must look like 1:1 bumpers.
2/5 points - Leaf springs (single axle/both axle)
3 points – Spare Tire Functional. Must be within ¼” diameter of the tires used on the rig. (Maximum of 1)
3 points - Interior (Must have 2 seats & full dash)
5 points - Chassis mounted steering servo
5 points - Full tube metal cage bolted to chassis - Must run from front bumper to rear bumper. Plastic panels -1, metal panels -3 for a maximum of -8.
7 points - Full tube metal cage permanently attached to chassis - Must run from front bumper to rear bumper. Plastic panels -1, metal panels -3 for a maximum of -10.
7/5 points - Hard plastic body (Full) / Cab only

Penalties
• 2 points for winching (a winch point is received each time a winch hook is anchored.)
• 5 points for rollovers
• 5 points for a touch
• 5 points for touching a gate
• 10 points for a repair
• 10 points for vehicle assisted recovery/winch
• 20 points for a reposition
• -1 point for gate advancement
• There will be a 60 point limit per course
• Timing out will result in 60 points
• DNS is high score plus 20 pts.
• Each competitor will be given 1 free reverse for each gate on course.

Last edited by fvrr; 07-04-2010 at 08:56 PM.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Sounds good, glad to see some scale stuff happen here in Sac, its like pulling teeth to get anyone together for scale GTG in the Sac area.

I'll cruz up Thurs & check it out the new layout. thanks.
luv2ridemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yes good to see this happening. Cant make it this week but would support a weekly scale series or GTGs. Thanks.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Sorry for the short notice, it just fell in my lap. But at least it's a start and hopefully enough people will be interested to keep it going.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #5

I would be interested in spectating. My, just completed semi-scaler is on 2.2's (I think they are 48's in 1:1) so no comp for me.
DIZZE004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Just throw on some 1.9's. most scale comps require frame rail chassis though.

Last edited by luv2ridemx; 06-30-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZZE004 View Post
I would be interested in spectating. My, just completed semi-scaler is on 2.2's (I think they are 48's in 1:1) so no comp for me.
Bring it just in case The more the merrier! If you need I'll loan you a new set of flat irons on my 2nd (daughters) honcho. Just need to know before leaving the house though
Old 06-30-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

interested, but thursday night is my l.h.s. crawl night. would love to make the drive up from east bay to hang with some scale guys just cant do thursday nights. i will keep a eye on this 1 for other gtg or comp on some other day of the week.
sivad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivad View Post
interested, but thursday night is my l.h.s. crawl night. would love to make the drive up from east bay to hang with some scale guys just cant do thursday nights. i will keep a eye on this 1 for other gtg or comp on some other day of the week.
No problem, actually if you guys who are interested feel free to PM me what nights work best for you and well see what night will work best for everyone. I know FT holds 2.2 comps Monday night and I think back yard boys on Tuesday night. Cap City Tue or Thurs not sure. We're just trying to get things rolling.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #10
RCC Addict

OK we had 7 drivers tonight for our first get together and informal "very informal" comp. 10 gates run both directions. We are still working out the details, rules etc. As far the dates, we will do this again next Thursday night July 8th and after that moving it to Tuesday nights to work better for Fast Track Hobbies. Thanks to them for for letting Gordon and the gang make the course more scaler friendly and still have the rocks for 2.2 comps Monday nights which I'm going to do next week too. Nice to meet new people who enjoy scalers and hope to see more people in the coming weeks. Again we are just getting this kicked off so very informal while we work out the details. Needed to make a few stops before getting there and left the house without my camera! Sorry no pics.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Default good times last night

Had a great time last night, met some new people, did some scale runs on the new scale indoor course, alot of fun with no pressure. Hope to see more people show up next time. come on lets get this rolling. hopefully very soon, we can do some outdoor GTG's also.

A big Thanks to Fast Track Hobbies !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek
Old 07-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #12

do you guys have any pics from this comp. do you allow 2.2 roklox's ?
I am building a 2.2 jk
Kunfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunfuzed View Post
I am building a 2.2 jk
2.2's would make it a walk in the park I can loan you a set of stock 1.9's if you want. We will probably not keep score for the next couple G2G just because we are just getting started. I'll txt the boss man and see what he says. Everyone came out with 1.9's this week. I sent Gordon a set of national rules that I got from "kaetwo" yesterday to see what he thinks before posting them here. Or everyone can go here to see what they think. * Official RULES * 2010 MSD Scale Nats, please read * If anyone who wants to go to national scale events these are the rules that will need to be followed.

I forgot my camera the other night but this is the same location they hold Monday night comps at but the course has been redone to be more scaler friendly. Monday night comps at Fast Track Hobbies

Last edited by fvrr; 07-03-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Count me in for next Thursday. Never ran (or been) to any comps. This sounds really chill, great way to see other builds and how they run. See you guys Thursday!
yarddog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

This is great to see, I will be there next week. I have been using these rules that fvrr posted as a guide line also, as I plan to attend the MSD event next year so I had just better get used to them.

Last edited by Big Bill; 07-04-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
This is great to see, I will be there next week. I have been using these rules that fvrr posted as a guide line also, as I plan to attend the MSD event next year so I had just better get used to them.
Right on right on! I use to drive up I15 twice a month before getting back into RC's last year. I plan on heading up there next year as well. I may be getting back into car hauling and hope I'll be around this week
Old 07-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunfuzed View Post
I am building a 2.2 jk
I talked to Gordon and he's ok with 2.2's for now but we will have to lower the time limit. Once we get things going though we will be using the rules in the link above. Once I talk to Brett to see if it's ok for me to post their rules here I'll put it up on the first post.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
I talked to Gordon and he's ok with 2.2's for now but we will have to lower the time limit. Once we get things going though we will be using the rules in the link above. Once I talk to Brett to see if it's ok for me to post their rules here I'll put it up on the first post.
thanks now i just have to finish it... I also got derwood building a scaler now to.
Kunfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:13 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Glad to see a hobby shop getting involved with the scale aspect. I'm going to have to try and make a scale comp in the future. I really like what your doing with pushing the scalers to the limits with the hard courses. I really think this can take off for you, lots of guys geting into scalers now a days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2ridemx View Post
alot of fun with no pressure.
What do you mean, do you have lots of pressure at your other scale comps?
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Yea, I wana beat you guys and you keep kicking my a$$, LOL we were just runnin the course with no scorring that night, thats what I meant by no pressure.