Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sheldons Hobbies RC Crawling course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

No one seems to care about what customers think there. I had a bad experience there too. Called about the Proline 1.9 Swampers. "Yup they're instock", I had him double check the name and size of the tire. "got em" drive all the way out there to find out he was talking about the Flat Irons. AJ had just left so it was just this dumbass kid. I went off on him telling him he wasted my time and gas, he didn't care. I did however talk to AJ the other day and he says they are slowly carrying more parts, I'll believe it when I see it.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #42
RCC Addict

ive only have good experience when there was one of the guys..

i only have bad experiences when the guy is away.

idk his name..

but the guys who are really nice are:
1. this asian guy, with glasses. he really helped me out! but i havent seen him recently..

2. this other asian guy, grrr i wish i knew his name.

2. the guy with the beret? the french cap, that points to the side? i think its called a beret. i think it could be AJ. but not 100% sure.

all the other guys are just royal A-Holes from my perspective!
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:21 AM   #43

does any body know how far are they on their new crawler course
iggnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:28 AM   #44
RCC Addict

went there today...

their new crawler course looks kinda boring, hopefully they put some real rocks on it.. BTW i wonder how its going to work out, because im pretty sure the drifters are pissed about the smaller track..

ANYWAYS.. one of the guys said they would be done by next week, but i highly doubt it, since they always slack on their times, id say give it another 2-3weeks. Also it was only 1 guy working on the course..
Old 02-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

I was there yesterday with MR.C getting my XR up and running and i found out they charge for power too... i think now that i got everything i need for my XR i wont be going back for spares or aftermark and the old crawl course is terrible.

the new one looks promising but it will probably only last for a few weeks and then get old. sooner then that if they dont add any rocks and just leave it with the gritty sand paper ground that it is.

I did see a teeter totter but that might have been axed now.

oh and as far as the service...bleh. you can stand at the counter staring at one of the guys and they wont say a word.
FathomThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FathomThis View Post
oh and as far as the service...bleh. you can stand at the counter staring at one of the guys and they wont say a word.
or they'll give you shitty information and lead you the wrong way... lol that guy tried to sell you that other program card..
Old 02-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

yeah they say they dont know if something is compatible and as soon as you show loss of interest they start saying oh but it should work!
FathomThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #48
RCC Addict

I ran drifters there for awhile till all the guys started hatin on my tto1 with very little upgrades that was kickin everyone's ass lol. At the time I had 3 drifters and would run the most stock and whoop on em and they kept going over grabbing there rig and saying oh you know whats wrong I need different tires or a different motor and so on and so on Oh yea 2 times i've gone there after talking to someone on the phone telling me they have a part in and I get there and nope not the part I wanted. I do all my buisness at HobbyTown Concord now and never have had a problem. It's worth the drive.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #49
Pebble Pounder

i go over to sheldons to goof around on the corses last year. beat the crap out of my crawler. i do drift but there carpet is not right i have pick fibers out of the 4 corners of my car so shrinking of the drift corse i dont care. making there crawler corse bigger and badder i am all for. how things looks i dont think i will be stopping by sheldons anymore.
slegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:09 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
I ran drifters there for awhile till all the guys started hatin on my tto1 with very little upgrades that was kickin everyone's ass lol. At the time I had 3 drifters and would run the most stock and whoop on em and they kept going over grabbing there rig and saying oh you know whats wrong I need different tires or a different motor and so on and so on Oh yea 2 times i've gone there after talking to someone on the phone telling me they have a part in and I get there and nope not the part I wanted. I do all my buisness at HobbyTown Concord now and never have had a problem. It's worth the drive.
yeah nobody like tt-01 you want them to hate on you even more try a tb-01 thats even funnier. these rtr guys out there drifting dont even have a clue on what they are doing or saying. they really crack me up
Old 02-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
man the drifters at sheldons kinda piss me off. some are real jerks and try to get up in your face and show off..

ive met some great drifters there, but why do there have to be jerks... i guess its how some of the rc society is

Lol sheldons never carries chit. when ever i need a part, its either: "we dont sell that" and rarely "we're out of stock"
Old 02-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slegh View Post
i go over to sheldons to goof around on the corses last year. beat the crap out of my crawler. i do drift but there carpet is not right i have pick fibers out of the 4 corners of my car so shrinking of the drift corse i dont care. making there crawler corse bigger and badder i am all for. how things looks i dont think i will be stopping by sheldons anymore.
ah you mentioned the fibers of the track... they seized up 1 bearing on my drifter

Lol the crawler course IMO doesnt look that great, id rather go to a local spot, or even try to get a ride up to concord. but we'll find out sooner of later
Old 02-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slegh View Post
these rtr guys out there drifting dont even have a clue on what they are doing or saying. they really crack me up
i know right.. man.

there was a guy who just got the exceed crawler from sheldons, took it for a spin on the volcano feature.. i was running my 1.9 comp... he was like "that chit cant crawl at all"

i showed him up!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:17 AM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
i know right.. man.

there was a guy who just got the exceed crawler from sheldons, took it for a spin on the volcano feature.. i was running my 1.9 comp... he was like "that chit cant crawl at all"

i showed him up!
yeah love it when people dick wag say theres is big or badder than yours. then get shown up and they have nothing to say afterwards or say what do got in that thing? the morrons is this hobby wich seems to be alot nowadays are starting to get out of hand. is it just me? or resurching what want need to make what you want another fun part of the hobby?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #55

I was there on sunday I took my scaler and tc4, my nephew was more intrested in drifting so we gave that a shot. talked to some of the drifters they did help me start adjusting my car. As for service I noticed that they wont come up to you and ask you if u need help, but if you go up them ask them for a part they will help you
Old 02-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #56

what crawler spots are there in san jose other than sheldons, I went out to alumrock park and was told by the ranger to put the rc's away they are not allowed in the park
Old 02-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggnash View Post
I was there on sunday I took my scaler and tc4, my nephew was more intrested in drifting so we gave that a shot. talked to some of the drifters they did help me start adjusting my car. As for service I noticed that they wont come up to you and ask you if u need help, but if you go up them ask them for a part they will help you
And they don't know crap about Rc, but pretend too.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
what crawler spots are there in san jose other than sheldons, I went out to alumrock park and was told by the ranger to put the rc's away they are not allowed in the park
Someonsaid there was a crawling spot 5min away from sheldons.. I think it was an earlier post. You could try mini hammers and greystone, but I'd advise you to bring another person for greystone
Old 02-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #59

mini hammmer, and greystone are what part of sj
Old 02-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
mini hammmer, and greystone are what part of sj
like alminum. idk how to spell it.

but sheldons is in milpitas though??