Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Orang County Scale GTG's (lets have some fun)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Orange County Scale GTG's (lets have some fun)

I am starting this thread for anybody that wants to gtg for some fun scale crawling in the OC area I live in Anaheim and just bought an scx10. Just thought there should be a thread devoted just to some fun bashing in the area. (I am so new I don't know that many spots) I just want to start a thread where we can mutually plan some fun gtg's. I am getting tired of crawling the rocks in the garden and my wife is about to drop kick me if I keep bashing over her plants lol. Also if anybody knows some good crawling spots in the OC post them up here too. Hope to get crawling with some new fun people soon.
(Also you don't have to have a scale rig if you have any size or kind of crawler feel free to join the fun)

Last edited by mrhobby100; 12-06-2010 at 09:01 PM.
mrhobby100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default crawl this week?

Anybody available to crawl sometime this week trying to crawl with some new people. I don't even know any good spots nearby can somebody give me a good place to go this week and try my new scx10. Thanks
Old 12-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default wed crawlin

So I have heard I few people can be found sometimes on wed at corona del mar. So I am gonna get the wife and my son (they will love the beach)
and head down there to see if there is anybody to crawl with. Any of you out here that want do some scale'n come on out. be there at or just after lunch time.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:27 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Default gonna do some film'n

OK I found a cool spot in anaheim with free parking. its right next to motel 6 on chapman and the 5 freeway. Park where the big rig trucks are next to motel six right along the Santa Ana river (tons of free parking) There is an entrance to the trail along the river there is a great scale'n spot all over right next to the bridge. I have gone down there every other day since I got my rig. Tomorrow I will be down there from about 12:00 - 2:00 to do some filming of my truck. Come on down and check the place out it's great if you live near by and want some hardcore terrain to run on.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #5

damn, ive would of gone if i only knew haha
crimsonrs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Default it was great

Yea you should have come there was about 6 of us and we stayed after dark and ran our rigs with the lights for a while it was great.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default check in

I am installing some more lights cause it gets dark down there but as soon as I get my rig back together I will be down there again maybe sunday. I do know for sure what day. But for sure we are gonna be scale'n again down there on next wed.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Default last minute

I know its kinda last minute but I am bored and thinkin of heading to corona del mar in an hour or 2 any one interested in crawlin?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhobby100 View Post
I know its kinda last minute but I am bored and thinkin of heading to corona del mar in an hour or 2 any one interested in crawlin?
damn i was there pretty much all day for 10am to 1ish. i shoulda hung around a lil longer
crimsonrs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Default wednesday

Ha thats funny. I will be goin back again on weds. to meet up with the guys that crawl there every wednesday. cruise down if your able. I show up around 2:00-2:30
Old 12-17-2010, 01:36 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Default CDM sat/sun

I will be at corona del mar either sat. or sun. tryin to see if anybody wants to crawl one of those days.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #12
RCC Addict

do you know of a local site where there is several people from the area that meet on a regular basis called www.socalrcrc.org check it out sometime there is even an orange county chapter of the club with a section devoted to them
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky3 View Post
do you know of a local site where there is several people from the area that meet on a regular basis called www.socalrcrc.org check it out sometime there is even an orange county chapter of the club with a section devoted to them

I know all about that site those are the guys that I get together with at corona del mar on wednesdays. That is the only day the orange county guys are crawling I have talked to them they said they will be trying to do a monday crawl in the local area too. The thing is even the orange county sections of the forums go far to crawl like vasquez rocks or up in the victorville area. I am tryin to find some good places to crawl locally.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Default Corona Del mar

After 7 days of rain my son and I are itching to go crawl gonna head to corona del mar. Be there around 2:15 hope to see a few people out there.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:55 PM   #15

Default Re: Orang County Scale GTG's (lets have some fun)

Are Anaheim area people still getting together? Moved here and looking to make some friends, go crawlin' and make cool stuff for our rigs. I do LEDs with switches and tow shackles, gonna start practicing making aluminum links n such.
Jgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #16

Default Re: Orange County Scale GTG's (lets have some fun)

Im in lakewood....anybody around?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
huntinrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #17

Im in Anaheim, I go to CDM a lot.
Slashrcgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:05 PM   #18
RCC Addict

BE SURE AND CHECK OUT OUR MAIN RAFFLE PRIZE FOR OUR UPCOMING EVENT BRING THOSE $1'S
Pro-line Scale RC Adventure / WCRCC 2017
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote