Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: (RTLC) SouthBay TechRocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #1001
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Your weak points will be stock trans gears and drivelines. The axles hold up to some abuse. Got mine in yesterday

TTC-ish Scale-ish Budget-ish Wroncho-ish Build
Wow....a lot wider hey .....yes, I've been reading all morning about the gearing and upgrading stuff....gonna tear up the stock stuff first I think...

Time to re-wire the plug and charge a 2-cell and take it outside....
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #1002
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
oh well, its a start... better than getting a job when im 20+ and giving like 20% of that to my parents

Wow! thats horrible!

Haha, well, i think it just sounds like community support i agree with you, i should get some job thats managable before a hobbystore.
Oh...I didn't mean to say don't go for a hobby store job....if you can get it...do it. Just don't hold out for that....any job would work, and will power will stop you from eating Mc-D's...you'd get sick of it soon enough smelling it day after day....my youngest worked at Togo's...he still can't eat one 4 years later...haha
Old 09-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #1003
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If you solder on a deans to your wraith, I can spot you a 2s/5000mah lipo to play with out there. Post up what time you plan on going.

I lost a servo on mine, got plenty of spares tho. The benefits of 10 buck cheapies. Also gotta do a few tweaks
Hey thanks Meat....I got several 2-cells, all different flsvors....will have to see what fits in there first....already looking to modify this thing....want to move the battery up front...don't think it will fit though...3-cell would...but I'd have to get another BEC....better for crawling up front....better for bashing in the rear...looks like this one will be the basher of the two.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #1004
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
Hey thanks Meat....I got several 2-cells, all different flsvors....will have to see what fits in there first....already looking to modify this thing....want to move the battery up front...don't think it will fit though...3-cell would...but I'd have to get another BEC....better for crawling up front....better for bashing in the rear...looks like this one will be the basher of the two.
Ok no prob man, didn't know if you had any 2s packs. And yeah stick to your xr for actual crawling, wraith for trail running/bashing.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #1005
I wanna be Dave

Every 2-cell I own fits in the Wraith ...it's a bit top heavy on pavement....might settle down and actually slide in dirt...not so fast either, gonna want to go faster I think

The mantis is real smooth....articulation isn't as bad as I thought it would be...look forward to putting it on some rocks soon
Old 09-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #1006
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Wow....a lot wider hey .....yes, I've been reading all morning about the gearing and upgrading stuff....gonna tear up the stock stuff first I think...

Time to re-wire the plug and charge a 2-cell and take it outside....
Yeah usually better to fix as you break things.

The ar60's are quite a bit wider. Drives a lot different with longer wheelbase as well. The width helps for sure, only time I flipped was on a nasty tumble off of a hill
Old 09-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #1007
I wanna be Dave

Quick vid by inkdaddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY8gp...e_gdata_player
Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #1008
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I'm always the camera beezy! After you swore with your right hand that you would get some video of my xr.
inkdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #1009
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdaddy66 View Post
I'm always the camera beezy! After you swore with your right hand that you would get some video of my xr.
Your gears had a fork in em by that time
Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #1010
Pebble Pounder

No no no... Those were the scale machine guns I had in my xr! You didn't see em?
Old 09-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #1011
I wanna be Dave

You were really layin down the cover fire then
Old 09-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #1012
Pebble Pounder

Get some! Get some! You should make a movie about me. cuz I'm so f*ckin gooooood!

On a side note... GET SOME SURGERY!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #1013
I wanna be Dave

Hey meat, Ink , you guys up for early morning....say 9ish....I got to be back at the house at noon for the cable guy Fawkin idiots screwed me up... I need 2 hours notice....I'll be up by 6 or so...time to charge a few and get to your playground...I can come there ...alum rock....

Post up if you guys can make an early time....I'd like to run both chassis..but it would be hard with only a couple hours...I'd bring the Wraith if you guys want to scale it....would really like to see your XR Ink...and wNr to run the mantis too....too many toys...not enough hands
Old 09-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #1014
Pebble Pounder

Sounds like a good plan but I'm pullin a long night here. Shootin the tequila right now and I haven't rebuilt my gearcases yet.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #1015
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdaddy66 View Post
Sounds like a good plan but I'm pullin a long night here. Shootin the tequila right now and I haven't rebuilt my gearcases yet.
Ha...had a whiskey or two myself...let me know how it turns out....I can charge a couple quick and be in your yard by 9 or so....if it's just you I'll do the mantis ....if meat can join us I'll bring the Wraith
Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 AM   #1016
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hey meat, Ink , you guys up for early morning....say 9ish....I got to be back at the house at noon for the cable guy Fawkin idiots screwed me up... I need 2 hours notice....I'll be up by 6 or so...time to charge a few and get to your playground...I can come there ...alum rock....

Post up if you guys can make an early time....I'd like to run both chassis..but it would be hard with only a couple hours...I'd bring the Wraith if you guys want to scale it....would really like to see your XR Ink...and wNr to run the mantis too....too many toys...not enough hands
Alum rock will be weak on Monday, crazy parking fees and a lot of rangers. Ink and I got kicked out on Saturday, because apparently drunk ppl setting fires in a high wildfire danger area are safer than rc cars. We found a spot down the road though so not a huge loss. It's where ink blessed the area with his stock gears.

I won't have time till early afternoon.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #1017
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Alum rock will be weak on Monday, crazy parking fees and a lot of rangers. Ink and I got kicked out on Saturday, because apparently drunk ppl setting fires in a high wildfire danger area are safer than rc cars. We found a spot down the road though so not a huge loss. It's where ink blessed the area with his stock gears.

I won't have time till early afternoon.
I got early morning op or after 6PM....got the cable idiot here between noon and 4...and you know it will be closer to 4... And it should take 2 hours they said

Maybe better next weekend...I'm off this week so if anyone wants to wheel a bit hit me up
Old 09-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #1018
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I got early morning op or after 6PM....got the cable idiot here between noon and 4...and you know it will be closer to 4... And it should take 2 hours they said

Maybe better next weekend...I'm off this week so if anyone wants to wheel a bit hit me up
Lol gotta love their window
Old 09-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #1019
Pebble Pounder

I'm gonna rebuild my gearcases today. I'll post some pics of the steel carnage. Gotta make some new front upper links as well. Stockers distort an awful lot with the power I'm running. Plus once I pull all the stock stuff off. To the classifieds they go with every1 else.
Gonna add some details to the chassis as well
Old 09-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #1020
Quarry Creeper

well guys, i'm down in coalinga, it's like 93 right now lol.... got here, 10 minutes lateer i got a speeding ticket.... guess it's a good thing heavy equipment is slow lol.... school starts tomorrow and i'm missing my crawler just watching this thread... heheh....
Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote