Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sac Area Crawlers March 31

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 10:08 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Ok, got it. Beals point looked fun. Lots of huge rocks.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2007, 12:50 AM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler
Ok, got it. Beals point looked fun. Lots of huge rocks.
yep pardna... that's why I was saying that water proofing is not a high priority, because the rocks are so nice. Hope to see ya there.

rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:44 AM   #63

Default Just went through my rig & it is much better!!

Well, I guess part of the confusion in this thread was my fault. Picking on Tom a bit as my truck couldnt even get on the rock!! Nice trip to Beales last weekend. Great weather, lots of rocks & Bikini's too!

Don't think I am going to Bean this weekend. I just dumped another couple hundred in the P.O.S & still running shake-down runs on it. I got some Lunsford titanium upper turnbuckles & rebuilt the upper link arms front & back. Got some HPI Racing all alluminum shocks & ditched the stock TLT's. I put more weight in the wheels & cut down my wheels a bit. Made some Traxxas drive lines. My 65t lathe motor should be here today or tomorrow. I turned the battery back to sideways over the front axle. I now have 12.5" wheel base - 10.5" wide - 4" center ground clearance & it weighs approx. 8lbs.

Hope to see you guys out at Beales on the 31st! Heathin
HEATHIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHIN
Well, I guess part of the confusion in this thread was my fault. Picking on Tom a bit as my truck couldnt even get on the rock!! Nice trip to Beales last weekend. Great weather, lots of rocks & Bikini's too!

Don't think I am going to Bean this weekend. I just dumped another couple hundred in the P.O.S & still running shake-down runs on it. I got some Lunsford titanium upper turnbuckles & rebuilt the upper link arms front & back. Got some HPI Racing all alluminum shocks & ditched the stock TLT's. I put more weight in the wheels & cut down my wheels a bit. Made some Traxxas drive lines. My 65t lathe motor should be here today or tomorrow. I turned the battery back to sideways over the front axle. I now have 12.5" wheel base - 10.5" wide - 4" center ground clearance & it weighs approx. 8lbs.

Hope to see you guys out at Beales on the 31st! Heathin
Sounds good. My rig is now a little over 7 lbs, has a 12 4/5 inch wheel base, and about 10.5 inches wide also. Sounds good Heathin! Maybe you should get Under roo boy to drive for you!
1tom2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:11 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Won't be making it out to the Bean this weekend. I just have WAY to much to do with being sick all week. Bill/Heath, I might be up for some crawlin' up in your neck of the woods. I really enjoy the creek up there. If you are up for it, let me know.

Also, Bill... If you feel up to it and can snag that code reader, I would love to see what has my tranny all out of whack. Let me know.
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:54 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

You all are wimps!
Quote:
I'm too sick to go...but I can go to Heathins to crawl.
Whatever.

Rockhugger (Stuck Again) and I are off to Bean Hollow to the NorCal comp. Wish us luck. See you all next weekend.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:09 AM   #67
RCC Addict

Check your quote, he who wants to crawl in Underroos... I am feeling (mostly) better but being sick pretty much since Sunday evening and having both my daughters sick with the same (Strep, sinus infection and ear infection, gotta love day care) a lot of stuff got backed up. Also, yesterday was my 10th anniversary. Wifey and I want to do a date night (afternoon) on Saturday and that has to take presidence over the Bean. So to you too! LOL!

(On a completely side note, I really thought it was cool of you to let all those people try driving your crawler. Not something I have the courage to do. )
Old 03-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikster
Check your quote, he who wants to crawl in Underroos... I am feeling (mostly) better but being sick pretty much since Sunday evening and having both my daughters sick with the same (Strep, sinus infection and ear infection, gotta love day care) a lot of stuff got backed up. Also, yesterday was my 10th anniversary. Wifey and I want to do a date night (afternoon) on Saturday and that has to take presidence over the Bean. So to you too! LOL!

(On a completely side note, I really thought it was cool of you to let all those people try driving your crawler. Not something I have the courage to do. )
You should write an excuse book! just kidding. Thanks for the props on letting others drive my rig. I just know that I am more likely to break it than most people. I hope you feel better, have a nice aniversary, your girls get better, the strep/sinus infection/ear infection all go away, and you are ready for next weekend.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #69

Default My rig still stinks like nasty creek water !

Well, I went to the hobby shop for a Hitec 133oz metal gear servo today & I got the 65t lathe motor as well. Locked out the rear & did away with the rear steer. I am having an issue with it turning, It will turn right pretty good, just not left. It will go to the left kind of drifting. I have had it apart & back together again 4 times now !!!! *&#$@&%!)*&*^ SO you could say I am a lil bit frusterated aat the moment. I am sure I will figure it out.

Here is the latest as of tonight with ALL the new stuff installed.

Kevin, come on over & crawl in the creek. Bill & I found a new spot we like at my place as well. It is very challenging & lots of really good rocks with moss on them. Tom & ALL that are going to the comp this weekend - GOOD LUCK !!! Heathin

Last edited by HEATHIN; 03-23-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 03-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Tomorrow is about the only day I can come play... IF I make it out (which I don't see as a problem) I will take a look at your steering, I think your axel might be clocked up too much. Also looks like you have a ton of GC... Might want to lower it down a tad.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:20 PM   #71
RCC Addict

I still don't exactly know how i am going to get there. Hopefully my mom will be able to take me. If not, i don't know if i can make it.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:23 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Default 1 Week Away!

OK Everyone...

1 week from today we meet up for some fun!

When: Saturday, March 31st at 11:00 am
Where: Beals Point State Park, Folsom Lake

The weather should be nice and warm so we can BBQ and make an afternoon out of it. We will meet at the far end of the parking lot, meet each other, then start crawling sometime around 11:30. We have no rules or structure, just fun.

I am bringing cones to set up a couple unofficial courses for some friendly competition, no judges, just hecklers.
If anyone has ideas, than just do it!

I am repairing and getting ready and hope to see you all out there.

Click for map: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...0Point&qc=Cape

--Tom

Last edited by 1tom2go; 03-24-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

tom & stuck again: how did ya do at the comp? are you in first place? well hope you guys had a good time. see ya next weekend. we did some good crawlen at heath's house today, got some good pics. should be up soon.
bill c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tom2go View Post
OK Everyone...

1 week from today we meet up for some fun!

When: Saturday, March 31st at 11:00 am
Where: Beals Point State Park, Folsom Lake

--Tom
can't wait to test my new chassis and hang out with everyone. I'll be a little late, due to working OT in the morning , but will shoot out there from work.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill c View Post
tom & stuck again: how did ya do at the comp? are you in first place? well hope you guys had a good time. see ya next weekend. we did some good crawlen at heath's house today, got some good pics. should be up soon.
can't wait to see pics.

I was there for support and pit crew for Tom, ( crawler construction taking place ) just could'nt finish my crawler in time to use it for the bean. Halfcab let me do the post comp trail runs with his comp rig while he drove his scaler, ( thanks again ) and boy let me tell you, this was one capable mother. I drove it for a good 2 hrs or so as we traversed the beach in scale fashion playing follow the leader ( fun ) , but unfortunately had to leave when we remembered the remaining 3 hr drive home.

Pics to come
Old 03-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Ok, i hope to be out there.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:39 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

if we are haveing a BBQ next weekend i will bring 30 or ???? hotdogs. we need a count of how meany are coming, so post up, so we will have enough for everyone. thx bill... tom i will come out there and help set up. just let me know what time...

Last edited by bill c; 03-24-2007 at 11:46 PM.
bill c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:13 AM   #78
RCC Addict

Just found out that my wife has to work on Saturday. Not sure if I will be able to come or not. Will have the pics up either later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:08 AM   #79

Default BBQ sounds awesome!

Tom,
Let me know what I should bring? Couple bags of chips , maybe some salsa?

Everyone should post up so we have this lil pot luck bbq crawl kickin!!

I tried to lower down the truck not only to rotate the axle for better steering but also to lower "CG" It is like 1:00am sunday morning & I have been workin on the P.O.S!! for hours. I am going to bed so I can get up & run it! Here is how it sits as of now.

Hope you guys had a blast at the comp!! We had a ton of fun in my creek on our 10 acres of rocks. Kevin has some great picks of us climbing up a slow running waterfall!
Heathin

Last edited by HEATHIN; 03-25-2007 at 02:10 AM. Reason: missed something in there
Old 03-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #80
RCC Addict

Those rock rings look pretty cool.