Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Any Ventura Co. crawlers out there?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #121
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey H View Post
Count me in!!!!! me and my friend are going to go. looks like a good place.
looking forward to finally seeing someone else in vta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin
Man sounds like you guys have a fun spot to crawl out worked out I would love to go out there but on the 22nd I had a surgery to help fix some problems with my leg so the doc put me back on crutches again Anyone got pics of the spot in ventura. I wish there was stuff closer between the two extremes of us Once the doc says I can walk ill see about heading down with my Axial and holding my own against those Losi's
That sucks about the surgery, hope you get better so we can crawl and two in our "group" still use tlt's, so an axial would do just fine

And its late i know, but better than never, here are the pictures of the spot as promised. Sorry, they are crappy cellphone pictures. click them and they get bigger.
EDIT: oh yeah, all those pictures are just of the first jetty, from the google maps thing you can see that there are 4 more of them. /EDIT

Last edited by moonbuggy; 12-25-2009 at 07:53 PM.
moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #122
Quarry Creeper

just wanted to bump this one last time before tomorrow, Should be a good one. If anyone else wants to join pm me or moon.
sbarnesvta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #123
RCC Addict

Red face

NICE Crawling spot guys Maybe I will bring my electric Kyosho along as well when I do make it down I need to get a few parts for the axial and I am praying the doc says I can walk again soon as it looks like a pain to get to on crutches Other than that... gee next time I am free ill try and get a ride down (ugh not being able to drive is a killer....) Other than that!
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #124
Rock Stacker

Well i went up yesterday to the top of the San Marcos Pass above Santa Barbara and went to lizards mouth, it was a pretty good place. I cant post pictures so here is a link that i hope works.
http://s519.photobucket.com/albums/u...zards%20mouth/
jakedasnake92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #125
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnake92 View Post
Well i went up yesterday to the top of the San Marcos Pass above Santa Barbara and went to lizards mouth, it was a pretty good place. I cant post pictures so here is a link that i hope works.
http://s519.photobucket.com/albums/u...zards%20mouth/
omg, I would drive to that, it looks awesome. solid flowing rock is what we have been looking for around vta but cant find it.
moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #126
Rock Stacker

Yeah it was really fun!! I tried to take video but my digital camera is not very good so they came out really bad looking, but yeah you guys should come up and go crawling soon.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #127
Rock Stacker

Here is a video i found on youtube of the "Santa Barbara scale crawling group" up at lizards mouth, the place that i went up to! I tried to look that group up and couldnt find anything about them! Anyone heard of them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaRI4pmT9YU
Old 01-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #128
Quarry Creeper

Alright guys next GTG will be at the top of San Marcos Pass above Santa Barbara at lizard's pass.

Potential dates that work for everyone going so far Jan-28, 29 or 31.

So far it will be me, moonbuggy, and jakedasnake92

We have a couple more around here that might be going depending on work schedules. We can also carpool for people further south, I can fit 5 in my car.

PM me or post in this thread if you are interested in joining.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #129
Quarry Creeper

Hey if y'all decide to do anything the week of March 15-19 I am going to be in the area from Texas and would love to come down from Santa Maria and try my hand at it.
TXJeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #130
RCC Addict

Smile

Sounds interesting, ill have to see if my rig is ready and/or if my knee's good to go I had surgery on it yesterday (18th) The axial is getting a mini overhaul so I am not sure if it will be up and running by then but keep me posted on the dates man Santa Barbara's far but... never know holy moly.... thats a far drive, I think ill have to skip on this outing :(

Last edited by Crawling Calvin; 01-20-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #131
Quarry Creeper

Yeah my wife is actually from Ojai (born and raised) and graduated from Buena in 83. So we try to get back there every year. I am into 1:1 crawlin and have a 89 Jeep YJ but it is much cheaper to fix a 1:10 than mine.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #132

I am a Newbie- but i would possible be interested in this outing. I live Ojai/Ventura areas- Looking for some practice and challange.
wwworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #133
Quarry Creeper

It would be fun if we could get a bunch of people together and meet at a really nice spot somewhere near the beach.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #134
Rock Stacker

Any updates on anyone for when the best time to meet for all of you that are going to come up? The best times for me are Friday or sunday.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #135

Default Trying to get a group together this weekend

Trying to get some Crawlers together this weekend in the ventura area.
Have made a post on the Roadrunners RC club/ Rock Crawlers for more input. Shooting for a public place with parking . More info to follow later .
Old 01-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #136

Default Rock Crawling @ Foster Park/ Ventura Sunday@9:30

We are having some people get together at Foster Park/ Ventura River Bottome this Sunday the 31st @ 9:30 am. Foster Park is off Hhwy.33 --7 miles towards Ojai to Casitas Vista road. Any one is welcome to attend, there is a $4. park fee. Good parking and nice area. Any Questions e-mail me Mark @ wwwoodworks@gmail.com or pm this site. See you there
Old 01-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #137
Quarry Creeper

hey we have 2 maybe 3 people that will be there tomorrow morning. ill email you for some more info.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #138
Quarry Creeper

one more bump before tomorrow

also any link to the roadrunners post?

where are you guys crawling? is it near the entrance on the big concrete stuff or in the middle/back in the river bottom?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #139
Rock Stacker

Any new GTG coming up soon, i havent been able to crawl with anyone yet since i have got my crawler. Lets get a comp or something going on!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #140
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnake92 View Post
Any new GTG coming up soon, i havent been able to crawl with anyone yet since i have got my crawler. Lets get a comp or something going on!
Agrees... I had some panther "gates" that I lost time to get more. I was thinking a comp would be fun, discovered a few new locations to crawl in TO, one is a BAAAAD drainage pipe with rocks around it, ill get some pics and vids there, we could have some fun bangin around that thing To bad most of you guys are Ojai... I guess I could hop a VISTA to somewhere in Ventura... go from there