Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Chassis and Suspension

Notices

Thread: REC 15th Anniversary Scorcher SRB & Motor covers + GIVEAWAY! Alloy Gea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default REC 15th Anniversary Scorcher SRB & Motor covers + GIVEAWAY! Alloy Gea

A few days ago whilst in the 'Library' (Ahem) I was looking at a writeup in a 2003 RC mag that featured my Aluminum Shock Pliers (We did 'em first and they've been copied by several companies, which kinda makes me proud, but I digress.) So it dawned on me-I had never really thought about it- That 2018 is REC's 15th Anniversary! REC has been and is a very personal company that never planned to be 'big', and goes back & forth daily as to our future offerings and direction. But as this is a special year for us, we will be concentrating on the CNC bits for the next year, and doing several re-issues of badly wanted bits with the Anniversary logo, and maybe a couple off-the-wall parts too, who knows? Clod Alloy Wheels? Blizzard drives? V8 kits? Wraith interiors? Let us know if there's anything you'd like to see! Want to know when new stuff comes out? Just click 'JOIN OUR MALLING LIST', Below.

Anyhow, one of the most-requested things I get contacted about is past parts for the SRB's, the Scorcher in particular, and these 2 pieces specifically. Very few were made previously, and one chap who scored 'em did have a valid point- The motor wires needed more clearance. He was correct, so the new bits are not only cosmetically impeccable but updated with extra clearance as suggested, and the 15 Anniversary logo to set these apart from the original run. The pics do not come close to doing these justice, as usual, so don't be thrown off by the pics.

This beautiful set includes the 'Cutaway' Gear Cover, with a pre-outlined piece of .030 Lexan that you glue to the inside to keep most crap out but still allow a view of the spur gear as Tamiya intended- The illusion is cool indeed. Also included is the Matching Motor Retainer, with the improved clearance for wires. The pair REALLY Serious's Up your Deserving SRB Chassis in a major way- You WILL be glad you scored a set while ya could! (NOTE: These are made to fit the stock Tamiya motor, any other motors it's up to you to verify they fit the factory retainer.)

THE IMPORTANT STUFF ACT NOW to be Guaranteed a set! New for us soon will be an Ebay store if I happen to to make a few extras, but this is never guaranteed and the price will be higher, so.....
-Order by cutoff date, March 21st, to get the best price and avoid possibly missing out!

-These should ship within 30 days, by April 10th, but I'll get righton 'em so likely sooner

-Price is $99.99 per set, same price as the original run- Who loves ya? Includes FREE shipping in the USA. Int'l orders (USD only) add a Flat 14.99 shipping, covers any number of sets.

-Do NOT Paypal as a 'Gift!' Seriously, DON'T! Thanks but it screws me up!

-Orders will be accepted for TWO WEEKS, until March 21st 2018- After that, I start cutting the orders so don't risk missing out, Please.

-Send Pmt. (include Flat shipping of 14.99 IF Int'l) directly to my Paypal address, chris@rogueelementcomponents.com -Copy & Paste to avoid spelling errors which really screws things up

Feel free to contact me with any questions, E-mail is always best.
Many Thanks!
Chris Cazan, Rogue Element Components
Paypal/Email address: chris@rogueelementcomponents.com Box 1035 Pueblo, Colorado 81002 (719) 821-1526
See our gallery at cazan - Home

---------------------------GIVEAWAY!----------------------------

Yes, on March 18th, one lucky chelloveck (Or devotchka!) will be picked by RNG to score a FREE set! Easy 'Nuff, only 2 Rules- First, just post here that you'd be into a FREE set of these babies: Second, you must check back here to see if you've won, and if so, you must PM or Email me your mailing address within 7 days (By the Midnight the 25th.) On the 8th day you're screwed & I keep 'em, so git on with it & Good Luck All! Chris REC
Attached Images

toyranosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: REC 15th Anniversary Scorcher SRB & Motor covers + GIVEAWAY! Alloy Gea

I’d be into a free set of these babies. Thanks for the chance.
Tossedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: REC 15th Anniversary Scorcher SRB & Motor covers + GIVEAWAY! Alloy Gea

I'd be into a FREE set of these babies too! I have a Tamiya Ford F-150 shelf queen that would suit that perfectly! Thanks for a chance! Chris you do amazing work and I love all of your products! Now if only I had a big bank account to buy every single piece I would be a happy camper!

Keep up the great work! Take care! My fingers, toes and eyes are crossed for this one!!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

BTW Zip, I'm looking at the Bliz bits again.......PM me for more info. Chris REC
Old 03-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #5

Those are pretty! I might have to buy a set.

Thanks for the free chance just in case!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:58 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Don't have a Scorcher even though that was the first RC bug that bit me. Id build one around that piece of jewelry for sure.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:44 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

It is March 18th.......................bump for notification.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Ruh-Ro! It IS Contest Time! Well, pretty fair odds this round, so let's get to it: This set of posts one was odd, so I wrote names down & picked one from a bowl instead of the RNG as usual- Each name had 1 'ticket'. The one picked was Tossedman! Great 'Job' (?) Tossedman, you score a set of these at no charge including shipping as always! Remember, you have 7 days to get me your shipping address: On the 8th day, I keep 'em 'cause I don't have all day to keep re-posting. Well, I kinda do, but I don't wanna so get that to me via PM or Email - Chris@rogueelementcomponents.com

Still a couple days to get on the list for a guaranteed set, or take your chance after that......More to come All, Thanks for your participation, Chris Cazan REC
Old 03-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Congrats Tossedman! Lucky you!! Man my luck is bad!! LOL
Old 03-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Yeah Zip, I think you hold the record for tries without a win- You KNOW Gawd don't like ya when the odds are this good & STILL no score! It'll happen one day Mate, hang tough! Chris REC
Old 03-19-2018, 12:39 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Red face Re: REC 15th Anniversary Scorcher SRB & Motor covers + GIVEAWAY! Alloy Gea

Hey Chris! Yeah one day maybe! Sadly this is my last year paying on this website for a star. My last month too actually. Oh well RCC has been good to me. Chris your stuff is amazing and if my bank account was bigger I would buy all the goodies you make! Best stuff out there for customization!

Thanks for always doing a giveaway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyranosaur View Post
Yeah Zip, I think you hold the record for tries without a win- You KNOW Gawd don't like ya when the odds are this good & STILL no score! It'll happen one day Mate, hang tough! Chris REC
Old 03-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I also do giveaways on 2 other sites, RC10talk & Scale 4x4RC. Just being a member gets you a chance on those I believe. Depending, the only site I always do a Giveaway on is Scale 4x4. So ?? Chris REC
Old 03-19-2018, 01:24 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation Re: REC 15th Anniversary Scorcher SRB & Motor covers + GIVEAWAY! Alloy Gea

Quote:
I also do giveaways on 2 other sites, RC10talk & Scale 4x4RC. Just being a member gets you a chance on those I believe. Depending, the only site I always do a Giveaway on is Scale 4x4. So ?? Chris REC
I might have check out Scale 4x4 . I haven't been there and it might be more my style.

RCC to me is dead! Lack of caring from the owners here and the site is going down the tubes......sinking ship....lol. Time to abandon....ahoy hoy!! LOL
Old 03-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

To my sincere dismay, it appears that all the forums are not doing as well as they did, reason being so many seem to want to move to facebook. I dislike fb as it is NOT a replacement for forums like this IMO, but, these times they are a-changin- Seems 'new is better' these days even if it's not......

Scale 4x4 has been my home forum since before REC existed, but it too is pretty slow now. The people are great with non of the smack-talk & lots of good info. I'm not there, but the Scale Builder's Guild is s'posed to be hot also. Chris REC
Old 03-19-2018, 06:42 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ruh-Ro! It IS Contest Time! Well, pretty fair odds this round, so let's get to it: This set of posts one was odd, so I wrote names down & picked one from a bowl instead of the RNG as usual- Each name had 1 'ticket'. The one picked was Tossedman! Great 'Job' (?) Tossedman, you score a set of these at no charge including shipping as always! Remember, you have 7 days to get me your shipping address: On the 8th day, I keep 'em 'cause I don't have all day to keep re-posting. Well, I kinda do, but I don't wanna so get that to me via PM or Email - Chris@rogueelementcomponents.com

Still a couple days to get on the list for a guaranteed set, or take your chance after that......More to come All, Thanks for your participation, Chris Cazan REC
Cool beans! Thanks man! My first REC goods. I always seem to find the ones I want after they are out of production. Looking forward to these.

Cheers eh,

Todd
Old 03-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

You're quite welcome Mate. See, now this chap gets right on that address! I've only had a couple winners be late & they were not happy to hear the bad news......So good on ya Tossedman! It'll be right along. Chris REC
Old 03-21-2018, 07:43 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I would have been on it March 18th!! hahaha! I really love those gear covers!! I am jelly!! My shelf queen will just be stock now. If only I won a lottery! I am on a super tight income. I can dream!
Old 03-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

The previous was an uncompensated endorsement for Rogue Element Components. The individual doing the voiceover is not an actor but not exactly a real person neither. Act in the next 10 minutes using a major credit card to activate savings. No salesman will visit your home. Taxes (If applicable) are the sole responsibility of contest winner. Results not typical and no promise of weight loss is guaranteed. Chris Cazan REC
Old 04-30-2018, 08:27 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Chris, got the REC 15th Anniversary Scorcher SRB & Motor covers in the mail today. Excellent workmanship. Thanks again man!

Cheers eh,

Todd
Old 05-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Hey, you are very welcome Mate, do enjoy. Chris REC

REC 15th Anniversary Scorcher SRB & Motor covers + GIVEAWAY! Alloy Gea - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GIVEAWAY: RCC 5th Anniversary LOSI Claws & Carvers Rich Trujillo General Crawlers 563 01-25-2009 08:24 PM