Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat > Chit Chat Classics

Notices

Thread: RCC closed for the entire Summer of '07

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #201
I wanna be Dave

If your on this site it's obvious your dealing with some form of R/C, There for if you can afford some form of an R/C (Nylint included) than there is NO reason why you can't afford a STAR for $20 a YEAR!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2006, 11:29 PM   #202
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosinek
Think about it, most of the people on this site probably dont have a good source of income besides there allowance, much less paypal..
I have to take issue with this, too. Unless you're building a TA02, it's going to be a challenge to build anything under $300. $500-600 is a starting point for a complete 2.2, and I'm not even going to get into Supers. It's not your only rig (most people here have dozens of RC vehicles), either. If that's allowance money, I must be getting old, and kids must be getting spoiled. I got 15 bucks every two weeks if I did my chores. If I wanted stuff, I worked for it.

And, not to be a dick, but if you can't afford $20 a year even as a price of entry, what are you doing dumping money into a hobby like this? A star is worth buying to support the site if even for all the money it saves by being able to search working solutions instead of hacking and puzzling over parts at the LHS.

Note, I'm not directing this at you, just that statement. I know how much hosting runs, and believe me, noone's making bank off subscriptions here, they're just trying to cover the expenses. Running one of these sites is a full-time job, even with the cadre of super-helpful guys around here. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

I used to wonder about the forums that asked for donations to support keeping them running......and now almost every forum I frequent I've paid for an account for, becuase it really does make a difference in the qulaity of the site and information contained within.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:44 PM   #203
Nope..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybir
I must be getting old, and kids must be getting spoiled. I got 15 bucks every two weeks if I did my chores. If I wanted stuff, I worked for it.
Lucky! My stepdad would just knock the sh!t out of me if I didn't do my chores. Every once in a while my mom would buy me little stuff if I was good though.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #204
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybir
I have to take issue with this, too. Unless you're building a TA02, it's going to be a challenge to build anything under $300. $500-600 is a starting point for a complete 2.2, and I'm not even going to get into Supers. It's not your only rig (most people here have dozens of RC vehicles), either. If that's allowance money, I must be getting old, and kids must be getting spoiled. I got 15 bucks every two weeks if I did my chores. If I wanted stuff, I worked for it.

And, not to be a dick, but if you can't afford $20 a year even as a price of entry, what are you doing dumping money into a hobby like this? A star is worth buying to support the site if even for all the money it saves by being able to search working solutions instead of hacking and puzzling over parts at the LHS.

Note, I'm not directing this at you, just that statement. I know how much hosting runs, and believe me, noone's making bank off subscriptions here, they're just trying to cover the expenses. Running one of these sites is a full-time job, even with the cadre of super-helpful guys around here. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

I used to wonder about the forums that asked for donations to support keeping them running......and now almost every forum I frequent I've paid for an account for, becuase it really does make a difference in the qulaity of the site and information contained within.
I second that if you want to build a rock crawler or own one. $20.00 is a small price to pay for the info that you get from RCCRAWLER.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:59 PM   #205
Quarry Creeper

Sure, it is a small price to pay, but I dont think many people will pay it when you can get the same information at other place for free. I know I wouldnt pay for something I can get for free.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:59 PM   #206
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rockcrawler
I second that if you want to build a rock crawler or own one. $20.00 is a small price to pay for the info that you get from RCCRAWLER.

X3
Old 08-23-2006, 12:00 AM   #207
I wanna be Dave

Anyone who byotches about spending $20 bones......

$20 in a years time works out to what?.... $1.67 per month. I find that much money once a week in my wifes purse.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:04 AM   #208
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sure, it is a small price to pay, but I dont think many people will pay it when you can get the same information at other place for free. I know I wouldnt pay for something I can get for free.

What other place? There is no other place on the internet that has as much information as RCC. I dare you to find where there are more inovative people than on RCC. If RCC didn't exsit, there would be no crawler businesses. Trust me.

BTW, Why are you here? You have yet to post any decent information anywhere on the board, no tech from you. Are you from CT?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:07 AM   #209
I wanna be Dave

I spend about $20 a month just for batteries for my TQ3! Maybee I should remember to shut it off when I'm done!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:15 AM   #210
Nope..

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast
What other place? There is no other place on the internet that has as much information as RCC. I dare you to find where there are more inovative people than on RCC. If RCC didn't exist, there would be no crawler businesses. Trust me.
VERY TRUE! I was wondering where else also. This place rocks. HAHAHAHA!
The following is NOT directed at anyone

$20 is nothing compared to all the information you're gonna get on this site. Sure, if you just wanna cruise around and leech off of everyones ideas, cool. But I agree with the mandatory star idea. If you don't wanna help support the site, stay in newbie general and go buy some more Nylints.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:18 AM   #211
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast
What other place? There is no other place on the internet that has as much information as RCC. I dare you to find where there are more inovative people than on RCC. If RCC didn't exsit, there would be no crawler businesses. Trust me.

BTW, Why are you here? You have yet to post any decent information anywhere on the board, no tech from you. Are you from CT?
true that. I WILL TELL YOU KNOW I CANT TYPE WORTH A SH!T

but i am a paying meber because it made my experince post whoreing around way more fun. and if you cant pay you are only allowd to post in newbie gen. and if you pay you can post in anyother forumyou want.

I agree with the nylint sh*t take it out and half te problems of the site will be gone

also i own two sites and work on them they ost money bro sorry to tell you but not even anglfire is cheap and you have to know html do you even know what that is?

i will be a paying member till im 6 feet under!!!

IM JUST A POST WHORE but still a PAYING ONE AT THAT
Old 08-23-2006, 12:53 AM   #212
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
Then go back to that site. If you don't have $20.00 to support this site. How are you going to buy items that a rock crawler needs. 55 lathe motor $20.00, 2.2 tires $20.00 for 2, moped ecs $35.00, ETC.

With out any of these or other crawler related parts no rock crawler.

It's a small price for info that you get here!
Old 08-23-2006, 01:14 AM   #213
Quarry Creeper

I still haven't seen wether the site will be temporaraly down or gone for good. Which is it? People keep saying it was good while it lasted. I've been wanting to get a star but don't have paypal. I could send a check to one of the mods if possible. LMK.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:42 AM   #214
Colt Python/SR9c

Yeah, send the check to me
Old 08-23-2006, 05:47 AM   #215
Quarry Creeper

Seriously. I want to contribute to the site bacuse it has been very helpful to me and I don't want to see it go anywhere. Are you serious or JK TWISTED
Old 08-23-2006, 05:49 AM   #216
I wanna be Dave

If you want to get rid of the idiots, VB has a nifty little feature that will make them go away. All you have to do is switch it on
Old 08-23-2006, 06:54 AM   #217
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff007
I still haven't seen wether the site will be temporaraly down or gone for good. Which is it? People keep saying it was good while it lasted. I've been wanting to get a star but don't have paypal. I could send a check to one of the mods if possible. LMK.
scruff, there are planty of people here that would foward your money on to purchase a star. If you are serious, PM me and we will set it up. We can involve a Mod to cover you.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:58 AM   #218
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat
If you want to get rid of the idiots, VB has a nifty little feature that will make them go away. All you have to do is switch it on
Yes but I would like to have some free time to build as opposed to adding idiots to my ignore list.

I ponied up for a Gold star and I buy a ton of raffle tickets when the giveaway comes around. Just my way of saying thanks for the info and fun. I would pay 10x more if BraceysDad would stop working so much and be my Beotch again.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:02 AM   #219
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo
...a Gold star...
I plan on getting one of those spinning shiney things when mine comes up for renewal too!

Ohhhh... shiney... and spinny!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 07:04 AM   #220
I wanna be Dave

You don't have to wait. I think you can just upgrade.