Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Yay I got my first job!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Yay I got my first job!

I know some of you can think back to your first job and think wow, what a waste! Or, maybe you were put into the position I was put into just last Monday. Heres a brief story of what I got into:

So, last Monday, it turns out my bus driver, whos...lets not say shady but he likes to keep to himself. Hes a small middle aged Italian man. He comes to me as Im am walking off the bus getting ready to walk into my High School. I said hi hows it going or something to that extent and he says ''Mind Working''? And it took me a few seconds to realize what he just said and I said ''Sure I could use a few bucks. "Ill pick you up at 4''.

I go through the whole school day wondering what the hell I just got myself into. So yadayadayada he picks me up with his mechanic friend Kurt in his Dodge Minivan. First, absolute first thing he says to me is, ''Ryan, theres only one thing you need to agree to, and that is to never ever tell anyone what you will be working around and doing'', So Im ready to shit my pants becuase I have absolutely no idea what I agreed to do other than him telling me I will be cleaning some things off. So I agree not to tell anyone and we take a brief jog in the van to what seemed to be a gravel-pit/construction site.

Now, you can believe me if you want (I will be snapping a few pics Monday) but the things I saw were unbelievable. Honestly my jaw dropped at the things that were being lain before me.

First thing I saw was a Delorean,69' Shelby Cobra, an original Jeep Willys all in original Army Drab paint, 7 Vintage Fire Engines, Another Jeep Willys, a JeepTruck, A tubbed out Camaro (2 actually), 94 Dodge Viper, Dodge SRT10 Truck, Brand new Caddy Limo, and a Dodge Stealth.

Now keep in mind he still hasnt told me what Im going to be doing yet, so Im standing here, in awe, over what Im looking at. And this was before I knew he had more cars. So, long story short, he leaves, to go to home depot to pick up some tarps and leaves me there with a roof rake and a car rake to clean off the snow off of some of the cars. His one (of many) buildings collapsed (which is why the cars were outside) and I had to clean off the snow which fell on them.

Again, long story short, he comes back, we do some work to some of the cars that were crushed when his building collapsed. When we were done, he asks me if I want a quick tour of the rest of his cars. And Im like...the rest? Haha. I cant list them all of, becusase of how many he has, but I will tell you this: This is the greatest first job anyone could have. I counted about 45 cars. He also was an avid Motocross racer back in the 70s+80s. So he has alot of bikes as well as snomobiles.

Right now, all I do is help maintain the cars, but when the snows gone I have to prep them for shows and wash them periodically. And get this, hes huge into RC. 3 Helicopters, a Tmaxx, a few Losi trucks and a few on-road cars. No crawlers though

Go ahead, call BS but wait till I get you the pics...

Hooray for bus drivers!
Cslax06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
I'm a stupid C U N T!

why would someone who could afford all that be a bus driver?

Why did he approach you and not any of the other 40+ people on the bus?
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Sounds a lot beter than my first job washing dishes in a dinner. :-(
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #4
20K Club

Are you sure this isn't all just your imagination taking you to your "Happy place" since you got into a minivan with two strange men?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Are you sure this isn't all just your imagination taking you to your "Happy place" since you got into a minivan with two strange men?
LMFAO!!!!
F250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Harley, it may seem like it but its for real, dawg.

Stormin-I dont know but to be honest, Im the only mature person on my bus. Plus his best friend is friends with my Dad.

Plus, Im a damn hard worker.

^^^^^Not tooting my own horn, just the truth.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

No it sounds like a nice job, scraping crap off of dishes is the wrong kind of greasy in my book
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Someone smoked a little to much weed.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Shady guy, mechanic friend, remote location, secrecy...

Sounds like a chop-shop
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
Shady guy, mechanic friend, remote location, secrecy...

Sounds like a chop-shop

As much as I like getting paid, the knowledge Im getting from him is amazing. Its well worth working for him.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I would never hire you. You betrayed his trust and told people what you were doing within a week, sure sounds like a "damn hard worker" to me.
HndsWthtShdws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cslax06 View Post
absolute first thing he says to me is, ''Ryan, theres only one thing you need to agree to, and that is to never ever tell anyone what you will be working around and doing''
Well so much for keeping that secret.
Smerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I didnt tell you what his name is or where he lived now did I?

Go ahead, try and find him
Old 02-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HndsWthtShdws View Post
I would never hire you. You betrayed his trust and told people what you were doing within a week, sure sounds like a "damn hard worker" to me.
And I didnt betray his trust. I guess if you look at it in a round about way, sure I did but look at the whole picture, you still dont know who he is or exactly what Im doing.

Hell I could be lieing for all you know.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:19 PM   #15
20K Club

Quote:
And I didnt betray his trust. I guess if you look at it in a round about way, sure I did but look at the whole picture, you still dont know who he is or exactly what Im doing.

Hell I could be lieing for all you know.
Well you did betray your word. If someone wanted to find him now all they would have to do is follow you after school. Pretty easy thing to do with how much info you have given everyone.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

All the info Ive given you?
Old 02-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #17
Adilynsdad too!

If at any time they discuss polishing rods, poles or knobs RUN!!!

What did your mom tell you about getting in vans with strangers???

Did he offer you candy or a puppy?
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Syracuse NY- italian descent - short - high school bus driver - friend "Kurt" (mechanic) - Dodge Minivan - Motorcross racer in 70s/80s - Into RC

Thats plenty of info for anyone that remotely knows him to recognize him and now know his terrible little secret, not to mention anyone that really wants to find out who he is.

How did he pick you up at 4 if he's a bus driver? Shouldn't he be doing something else? Say driving a bus?
HndsWthtShdws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #19
20K Club

Quote:
All the info Ive given you?
Say someone really wanted to find this guys place:

Your location says Sycracuse.

Go to regions section for the north east. You say you live in Central Square. Looks like a pretty small town from the photos.

He drives a school bus that you ride. Assuming you are in High School, take a quick look at Google earth, one high school shown in Central Square.

You say a "quick jog" to a rock quarry or construction site. So how many places within the a range that can be considered "quick" can fit that description? Let alone the fact that someone could just follow the Dodge Minivan you say he picks you up in.

Even if there were a couple more schools or anything like that, if someone really wanted to look into it I bet they could find enough out to quickly figure it all out.

I really hope that the whole story is bogus for the sake of "owner" of all these cars. Because if not and he really is trying to keep it a big secret it seems like he picked the wrong kid.

Moral of the story I guess, people give out more info then they really think they do.

Last edited by Harley; 02-17-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
If at any time they discuss polishing rods, poles or knobs RUN!!!

What did your mom tell you about getting in vans with strangers???

Did he offer you candy or a puppy?
WHAT!? Thats not fair! I didn't get the candy or the puppy!
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote