chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

1990 And any year above
KFX700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

well in regards to the 4th generation Z

the desing concept put into the new body is just great especially the coke bottle design at it's waist

engine wise that twin turbo would wop out 300 hp and the brakes ( super hics were the shiat )

personally i like the 280zx same body style as the orginal fairlady z (240) but more refined than the 260

a good check on reliabilyt if you are looking into buying one is here

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...an-300zx-2.htm

and i am subscribed to this forum that has lots of good information and very freindly and helpfull people to answer your questions into detail in the specific year and model you are looking for

http://zdriver.com/home/
chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

thanks chivas72 for some helpi was in a local tire shop and they had this program that you could make your own car(body kits,rims,spoilers,ect)to see how it looked..is there a program out there like that to download?
KFX700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

thanks chivas for that site. i bought an 04 350zr about 2 weeks ago and hadn't found that site yet. i personally have had great luck with every nissan that i've ever owned. so far mine has been a blast.
bondt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Only think I know about them is that they are slow. I raced one a few weeks ago and won. They are nice looking cars though and can be really fast.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Used to work with a guy who had one, the super hicas steering got him into trouble on a few occasions. When he did have 4 wheels steer problems, it was mainly when he got the car sideways the computer would react funny and on more than one occasion he backed it into a ditch. Only other problem I remember he had was old age related stuff, but he did take decent care of the car for as hard as he ran it.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I worked on a friends before. Biggest PITA I have ever delt with. I've worked on Supra's a Subaru's before that were not so much of a cluster f*ck of wires and tight spaces. Don't get me wrong, its a relly nice machine, lasts long, and can take abuse... but when something breaks, be prepared for the worst.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
I worked on a friends before. Biggest PITA I have ever delt with. I've worked on Supra's a Subaru's before that were not so much of a cluster f*ck of wires and tight spaces. Don't get me wrong, its a relly nice machine, lasts long, and can take abuse... but when something breaks, be prepared for the worst.
Yea, 4th gen Z's are a huge pain to work on. There's so little room under the hood they had to put the washer fluid bottle in the trunk. That said, I am a dyed in the wool nissan guy, and I love the 300ZX. The VG30DETT will make 1000 horsepower if properly tweaked. Look at the IMSA GT-P ZX Turbo cars Nissan was racing back in those days, their commitment to performance is pretty clear. Nissan also makes a hell of a reliable car, every bit as good as toyota or honda, maybe better, but Nissan makes cars with some balls. I say buy one.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote