Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Has anyone had problems ordering from Tower Hobbies before?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Has anyone had problems ordering from Tower Hobbies before?

I am new to rc crawling and man do I love it!!! My friends talked me into ordering a 4x4 wheely king to get me on my way. I went to the Tower Hobbies web site, ordered the stuff I needed and 7- 14 days later .... nothing. Tower said they shipped it, but the tracking number was wrong and no one, not even the USPS knows where it is. I e mail Tower and they said that because of some shipping thing and mix up with the tracking number I should expect delivery in around 43 days!!!! I dont know about you , but that sounds a little much. If you guys have had some experience in these matters I would love to hear from you. I am getting tired of watching my buds have a blast while I sit on the side lines.:-(
Threekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2008, 12:36 AM   #2
tjb
Rock Crawler

I normally get most of my orders in 3 days. A few times it takes up to 10.. but that is with the 3.99 shipping. I would call them, not email. The way things are getting, every type of shipping sucks more and more. They are and have been good to work with but you need to talk to someone there, it's the only way your going to get this taken care of fast....

Good luck , and welcome
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:28 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I ordered some aluminum parts and got the wrong color 3 times even after talking on the phone with them. They were going to send me one more to see if they could get it right so I sent back the 3 packages of the ones I had and later recieved the wrong color again, so I just removed the color and they are now silver. As if that was not bad enough, they told me the packages I sent back to them never got there and I owed them money and I was not going to pay. About 2 months later the money was mysteriously applied to my account. I wont be ordering from there for a while.
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:47 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

unless you spend the rediculous high price for express shipping,,,tower is painfully slow to canada. i have ordered from them a few times and it was always slow
tony tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:24 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Never had any problems been using their services for years. Horizon is also great IMO.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:50 AM   #6
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Never had any problems been using their services for years. Horizon is also great IMO.
x2....never never had any issues with them.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:19 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
x2....never never had any issues with them.
x3...been ordering from them for almost a decade (hell it may be more than a decade now) and never had an issue...sorry to hear about your problems.
nj05nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Tower works fine for me, shipping to nz is usually something like 4-8 days with the cheaper option. They seemed reasonably helpful through email when they wouldnt accept my credit-card gift-card

It does annoy me that they wont take paypal for overseas, thats part the reason why I would rather support a vendor from here.
Fracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I always have problems with them, just as i finish ordering something and checked out, i always want something more from them, seriously though i have never ever had any problems with them, and i have been getting stuff from them for a looong time.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:02 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

No.
cyberhog05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I never had any problems. Once when I was stationed in Okiwana, Japan. I ordered a airplane kit, motor etc. (Shipping to an APO address, dealing with military mail now). After 45 days I still did not have it. So I called them and the sent another package. I receive that packing in 10 days, about 7 days later the first package arrived. I called them so I could return it and they told me to keep it...
Sinastir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I never have had any problems. Normally I get everything they ship from the GA warehouse in 2-4 days.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #13
RCC Paint & Graphics

I also have never had any problems with them . In fact, I just received a package from them today (in OH.), and I ordered from them on Sat. night.
Rockthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

no but a rarely shop from tower. I buy most of my stuff a www.amainhobbies.com
madmax22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #15

Takes a couple weeks by regular shipping for us "members" to Canada, but there is some value in the expensive express shipping if you can share it with a buddy. I've twice ordered on a Sunday or Monday and got the package by Wednesday. ..........Yeah, the same week.

Also check out Great Hobbies in AB and the East Coast - fast and getting bigger.
Brenan is offline   Reply With Quote