Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Q on Paypal dispute/claim resolution

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Q on Paypal dispute/claim resolution

I'm a little ticked off right now, you can read my rant below, but if you don't want to, here's the details. I have an ebay bidder who lodged a complaint through Paypal against me for supposedly not receiving an item and he has escalated this to a claim. Paypal now only gives me the option of issuing a refund, providing tracking info, or providing proof of refund. None of those are options for me, so where do I go from here? Never had to deal with this before, and e-bay idiots are really starting to tick me off. Time to buy a vendor star! Anyways, I'm sure others have run into this before, so any advice is appreciated!

Now my rant:

I've been dealing on ebay for a while now. Nothing major, just selling and buying to support my hobbies. I recently sold an rc related item at the beginning of April. Was paid on April 4th, and I sent it out on April 5th and notified the bidder.

Last week, the bidder emails me saying it hasn't arrived. I e-mail back saying again that I sent it on April 5th, and that packages from Canada to the US are taking 10 to 14 business days according to the post office, so please be patient and wait until April 24th before getting antsy about it. Buddy turns around and lodges his complaint with Paypal yesterday morning. No big deal, I can understand, and again reply with the same thing, saying it takes 10 to 14 days, it's only been 12 business days and to please wait and see if the package shows up by the end of the week. Buddy then decides to be a tool and escalate it to a claim within an hour after my message.

So I'm a little ticked off to say the least. This is a guy with over 10,000 positive feedback, so you'd think he'd know how things work. Very uncommunicative (his e-mails basically consisted of "did not receive package"). It's not the money so much that I care about (although I'd rather not pay it back since I sent the item), but rather my reputation. I am a very conscientious seller, providing all the info I can to my bidders, sending out items right after receiving payment, bending over backwards to accomodate crap like e-checks, etc. and now I'll likely end up with the big red negative feedback just because this douchebag doesn't understand the meaning of 10 to 14 business days.

I will say I was an idiot and sent it without tracking info. Had offered it, but he wanted the lower priced shipping. Again, I accomodated him based on all his positive feedback, but it looks like I'll probably be screwed and he'll have the product and his money back. If that's the case, I hope this tool gets what's coming to him. Lesson learned at my end, will never ship another package without tracking again, no matter what the person's feedback.

I fully realize this is a public forum and this guy might be reading this thread right now. If that's the case, do the right thing. If not, then screw you jack-off, I hope you burn in hell. I don't need this stress.

Rant over.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

maybe not a big pointer but, email him and tell him to send the item back if he recieves it.

Bit of a stitch-up for you though, I feel for ya. I do a lot of ebaying and have had two occasions where I got the raw deal.

Matt
littleskull99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
On the lookout for Rocks

I have been on both sides of that boat. Got screwed both times. I purchased and item and was never shipped it. I ended filing a claim and PayPal didn't pay me b/c the seller didn't have a PayPal balance. On the other hand, I sold an item and shipped it, but the buyer claims it never showed up. He ended up filing a claim on me. I didn't have a PayPal Balance but when PayPal ended the claim in his favor they deducted the amount from my PayPal balance....had a negative balance. I had to pay it before I could use my account again. I just don't see why they couldn't have done that to the seller when I purchased the item and never received it. Lost that $200 bucks on that deal that wasn't received and another $100 on the item that I did ship.

My lesson learned was to put some kinda of tracking/delivery confirmation on everything....just for proof.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
RCC Addict

call paypal directly and explain they are cool i padi for an item never got it this guy files a negative that i didn't pay but he did receive the money. i call paypal nad ask them what to do they advice to file a claim. i file a claim he takes off the negative feedback and get my money back.

i don't knwo if you paid your shipping thru paypal or have some sort of receipt that you shipped.

i know this sounds like crap and do not encourage it but as long as you ship something and can prove it paypal will not go thru with the claim until he sends pics that it wasn;t what he ordered or as you described
chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, I do have a postal receipt, just no tracking number. Not sure if they'll accept that or not. I know after a couple of weeks, I would (and have) enquire about an item too. I wouldn't go so far as to lodge a claim though. For example, my VF dig shipped out on April 4th, just arrived this past Monday. It does take a while to get across the border!

I'll have to give that a go and see what happens.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Always use a shipping method with tracking when on ebay.

Heck I use the Paypal USPS or UPS shipping since then it is all integrated into one and they really can't file a claim.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Yep, as I said, I'm kicking myself in the ass now for not shipping with tracking. Might be an expensive lesson to learn. Never again.

Paypal doesn't offer the automatic shipping through Canada Post and UPS would ding you big time for brokerage fees. So not really options unfortunately.

Talked with Paypal and even with just my regular old postal receipt, it looks like they'll continue to look into this. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Yeah, I do have a postal receipt, just no tracking number. Not sure if they'll accept that or not. I know after a couple of weeks, I would (and have) enquire about an item too. I wouldn't go so far as to lodge a claim though. For example, my VF dig shipped out on April 4th, just arrived this past Monday. It does take a while to get across the border!

I'll have to give that a go and see what happens.
The receipt should have the US Customs form #. You can use that # to track it to see if it did arrive. I mailed something to Canada on the 10th and they just got it today...
Sinastir is offline   Reply With Quote