Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Mini Blade CX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 08:46 PM   #21
RCC Addict

I just picked one up this weekend. Awesome little heli for playing with inside. It's totally stable and quite durable. It;s gonna get tons of use this winter. Now, I just need some extra batteries.

If you want to try out an easy to fly coax heli, this is the one to get. Flies even better than the CX2.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #22
RCC Addict

I agree, it's an awesome little heli. I figured it was gonna be a darty and unstable, like most other little heli's I've flown. On the first pack, I had it hands off hovering! Very responsive, yet very stable. For $119.99, it's a great deal!
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #23
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I put about 5 minutes on one at the LHS. So much fun I had to really try hard to keep from buying one. These little guys will be hot for christmas!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

They do rock, they are stable and really strong, as well! In the LHS one hit the landy gear of a Yak and came away undamaged.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #25
RCC Addict

i picked up one of these on release day, and all i have to say is that its super easy to fly. ive never flown an rc heli in my life and i can easily do spot landing w/ this thing.
definatly not an outdoor flyer though. just blowing on it while its in flight can knock it off course.
really small battery too. i can maybe get a good 8 to 10 min of flight time w/ it. only takes about 30-35 min to fully charge it w/ the included charger. at under 11 dollars a piece (inluding tax), i just had to pick up two extra batteries for it.
the lil bugger is pretty tough too. ive slammed into the wall a couple of times due to the cental air vents suddenly turning on and no chips cracks or bends in the blades yet. just maybe lost a gromet or two that keeps the canopy on. nothing a drop of loc tite couldnt fix.
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXt559 View Post
ive slammed into the wall a couple of times due to the cental air vents suddenly turning on
I made the mistake of flying mine down the hallway and into our bedroom while the AC was on. When it passed through the doorway of our bedroom, the draft from the AC vents practically flung it into the wall. It was quite impressive to see it move laterally so quickly.

As for breakages, fortunately, the only thing I've busted so far was the little pivot ball on an upper blade. However, since there is one on each upper blade, I just swapped the two blades and had it in the air again in no time.
skellyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I missed the first order of these. I went to see My buddy Dave at Lakeport Hobbies and saw one fly and its pretty darn cool. I will be ordering some for me and the kids If they can fly it I can
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Got to see one get sucked up into a ceiling fan... Was pretty durable until that point. Still, only needed new blades... Looked like a blast to fly. Anyone want to by a pretty stock Slash that just needs to be rebuilt (I have all the parts save one rear hub carrier...)
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote