Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Practice ideas??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #1

Default Practice ideas??

I'm glad I don't live in Kansas...lol. I do live in North carolina and while we do have some decent crawling spots, I'm probably a lot like you guys and would desire something in my back yard. Well, unfortunately, I don't have anything like that in my backyard, so I improvised. I have to say that the pallet of bricks I rearranged to practice on proved to be more challengin than I though. The bricks can be a real bear. they have very slick surfaces and can cause high centering if not maneuvered just right! Do you guys have any other ideas? I'll post some pics soon and maybe even a video.
Thanks,
J
jnaarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #2

I guess no one needs practice...lol
jnaarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i just use random rocks(sandstone) and cement chunks that i find..... houston doesnt have rocks. ive used bricks(better than nothing), but dont like it at all. maybe pour cement/concrete over your bricks to make a hill that doesnt move and has a nice surface..... cant wait to visit my old house in Vegas(rock garden, and red rocks 10 minutes away)
barbaricboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Hey now, I live in Kansas. And you're right, there is no place to practive around here. I know of one spot, about 20 minutes from my house, but it has like 3 or 4 lines on it and thats it. I am actually going to be driving over two hours to get to a comp since there is nothing to crawl out here. The worst part is that I built a comp ready crawler and I have no place to test it out. Bummer. As for practice spots, I suggest looking for drainage ditches, they usually have stones piled up near the bottom to stop debris from entering the water supply. Thats about all I can find here in Kansas.
FireWire79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I just have one big rock. well two but I cant get on the other one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Dwmuwszcc

I also use some logs and dirt clods.

Flud unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Id say the terrain isnt as important as the strategy you use. If you are wanting to practice for comps you should run through gates being timed. Then judge your buddies running gates for time. You will see each others mistakes and become better drivers. Try to practice on similar rocks that you will comp on.
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote