Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Go BIG or go home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #1

Default Go BIG or go home!!!!!!!!!!!!

It time for a b!$%h session, sorry if it sound like iam winning but i am a little upset. So with that said here i go. I resently started my second build. I went to the local hobby purchased everything to build a crawer . even the SWX ( which is sweet by the way!!!!!) . I get home start the build in the process of installing the yokes on the trans and there is no set screws . So paying $25.00 for a set of yokes and there isn't 10 cents worth of set screws to go with it, or you pay $50.00 for a trans and there not a 87t gear with it . So if the right people are listening here an idea RASIE the price 10 cents or what ever the cost is. then add what you need to the parts to put it on instead of nickel and diming every one! In the buisness world there is a thing called customer satisfaction . thank for listen. Just rember go BIG or go home :-P.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
RCC Addict

agreed i remember when i first bought the rear wheel steering kit for my rtr ax10 (may of this year)

all it came w/ is 2 links a spacer and rod end parts tree. im wasnt expecting them to put a servo in w/ the deal. but i mean $35 for 2 links a rodends parts tree and a spacer?! come on! i was at least expecting the stock c's and knuckles bearings screws flanges and a front axle set or atleast a servo plate and mount

2 links and some a spacer and some screws does not a rear wheel steering kit make
Old 11-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I agree with the part about no 87t spur... pisses me off that I have to wait 5 days because I didn't know they wouldn't include the most important part!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

wtf
Old 11-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.D.H. View Post
wtf
This was in response to what?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Many of you never would have lasted long back when crawling started. We had to do everything on our own.... I can't understand any of this byotching, really I can't.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #7
Who's your Daddy-0!

Keep on and they will start making kits with metric and standard mixed.....won't that be fun
Old 11-05-2008, 11:14 PM   #8
06 Super National Champ

Wait...a thread titled "Go big or go home" is about screws?

x2 on Toyo's post.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Keep on and they will start making kits with metric and standard mixed.....won't that be fun
Didn't Associated do this for a while? Man... what a mistake it was mixing my Tamiya screws with the stuff from AE adn Losi back in '88-'95. I'm still finding weird things.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Many of you never would have lasted long back when crawling started. We had to do everything on our own.... I can't understand any of this byotching, really I can't.
X3 I remember those days. No beadlocks, no chassis' , no links, no nothing. You bought a clod kit and built the axles and started from scratch on everything else. I remember when MM's were the best option out for motors. Those were the days!
Old 11-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #11
06 Super National Champ

How about 27 turn motors, 8 tooth pinions, narrowed clod wheels, and cut clod tires on a modded Clodzilla chassis?

That's what I had in '00-'01 and it kicked ass!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:10 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
x2 I kinda wish it was a few years back. Now you can just buy everything, and it honestly takes the fun out of it.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:40 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
That's cause this sport is mainstream and the companies saturate the market with rtr's.

Now that is a good thing for the sport and this site. But like your saying it pollutes the integraty of what this sport started out with.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

The fact that I built my crawler from scratch...

I don't like rtr's in any way and I believe that if I'm buying a "bolt on" because I don't have the tools to fab up a freaking tranny, I kinda want it to be a complete product.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I have to admit that even in my short involvement this hobby it has changed a great deal. It was a creative builders hobby and that's what interested me about it the most. Now it's just like so many other types of RC just buy a kit or a RTR and hit the rocks. There are still some very creative people doing amazing work but the necessity to be a little creative is not necessary anymore. It still excites me when I see a thread where someone is sharing that creative magic that existed in much larger volumes just a short time ago.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:33 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
That's cause this sport is mainstream and the companies saturate the market with rtr's.

Now that is a good thing for the sport and this site. But like your saying it pollutes the integraty of what this sport started out with.
totally agree, when i started i had to hunt for parts everywhere, but it is nice to have options :-P
the site has grown so much
Old 11-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

This is ridiculous, every post gets this stuff in it. The guy is right in what he has said. A tranny should come with a spur...ect. Then you have everyone come in and say how ridiculous he is. Then we get the, back in the day this hobby was so different you actually had to build things. I started rock crawling back in 1999 and I joined RCC on the first day it was up, so I'm cooler and I know way more than you. When in reality it is the sponsored guys and such who ruin this place. Always pushing products and what not. The "vets" seem to be just as guilty as anyone at buying rather than making things themself. I started crawling last year and I picked up some axles and made the rest. This place has changed the most in the last year from what I can see. The rtr and huge amounts of vendors have change the world of crawling. So if you like to make things cool. If not buy them and hopefully they are complete. The number of threads in each section designed to promote products is a joke, and they are in the "tech section".
Old 11-06-2008, 09:33 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh87 View Post
This is ridiculous, every post gets this stuff in it. The guy is right in what he has said. A tranny should come with a spur...ect.

We have people like you jump in threads like this that make silly posts also.

Why should a transmission come with a spur? Really? Not everyone will run the same spur... although if you are a sheep you might. These manufactures know this and that's the reason they sell things they way they do, minus parts that everyone will have different. If you didn't know that then you have not been in the RC hobby long enough.

Before you make yourself look as silly as the thread starter, think. And yes... I know I come off as an ass. That's me.

Before you make a purchase, RESEARCH what you are going to buy.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #19
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
This is ridiculous, every post gets this stuff in it. The guy is right in what he has said. A tranny should come with a spur...ect.
Go buy a TH350 or 700R4 and see if it comes with a flywheel.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #20
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
"blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. When in reality it is the sponsored guys and such who ruin this place. Always pushing products and what not. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah".
I beg to differ, it is the whiney little bitches bringing this place down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyofast
Before you make a purchase, RESEARCH what you are going to buy.
That would be too much work for the RTR crowd.

Last edited by Scattman; 11-06-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Closed Thread