Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: traxxas summit, who's getting one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default traxxas summit, who's getting one?

I will, I kinda like traxxas stuff

http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...summit5610.htm
BoredGord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

*sound of chirping crickets*
cheesefart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i love traxxas but they really dropped the ball on this one... independent suspention? remote locking diff? with $525 you could have a comp rig
Mr.Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

agree x2
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #5

I think it's kinda cool.

I also think anyone on this board probably wouldn't be that interested... being a former full scale jeeper, i agree that the independent suspension won't be as capable as a comp rig.

Basically i think it's a "gateway truck". non crawler folks might pick one up, then form there get the crawler bug. I don't necessarily buy their " one truck to do it all" b/c no one in this hobby wants only 1 truck!

will this thing help jumpstart a rock racer movement?
danfrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:27 PM   #6
Suck it up!

I don't plan on buying one, but they have some good ideas like the remote diffs. And yeah, it does seem like a "gateway" rig. Personally I'm suprised its taken them so long to try different things with the Revo chassis.

Overall, its overpriced. I'll be suprised if they sell many of them.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:56 AM   #7

I'll be getting one for my younger brother. He lives out in the country and there is non of the typical BMX style terrain most "offroad" RCs are designed far. Far too many rocks, muddy patches trees and other things to crash in to. It's not full on crawling terrain but definitely a bit much for a typical RC monster truck unless you want to spend all day driving around stuff instead of over it. I totally agree it's not a real crawler but the reality is most monster trucks aren't as much fun when the terrain gets a bit more serious which creates a niche, however small for stuff like this.
gothikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:00 AM   #8
MWRCA'er

Its the H2 of crawling. To big, to heavy, lots of flashy bodywork and lights, not a whole lot of worthy rock crawling performance.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:28 AM   #9
Who's your Daddy-0!

To much $$$$ for that thing! They need to make a new chassis and get off of that one....there milking the crap out of it!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:33 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I think it has potential in some areas. You're not likely to watch one of these win a crawl comp. You might see a few of them participating at a comp. But I would be willing to bet, no matter what place they take, whoever is driving them is gonna have a smile on their face!! Looks like a fun truck that can do alot of things pretty well, but it won't take the big cheese in any category except price... If you wanna try something new that is a primary crawler look at the Venom Creeper.
GixxerGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:20 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

not for menot a comp rig ,looks kind of jerky
LEROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:53 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I've got one on order. Sold my E-revo for it. Looks like the perfect blend of truck to just go out and play around near the house. It will crawl, jump and have revo like handling. While it may not be the fastest truck out there or be a "true" rock crawler it will be fun to mess around with as a jack-of-all-trades truck. I've got my AX10 for real crawling.
goldmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:23 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

The truck looks great and has some cutting edge ideas. The remote diff locks are awsome and I love traxxas stuff but they killed it by putting it on the revo chassis. They have the ability to build a solid axle crawler with all of the same features but they cut corners by throwing it on the revo platform. In my opinion if the would have made it a solid axle rig, it would be the the ax-10 of supers. It would have had great out of the box performance with the obvious opening for aftermarket upgrades. I guess in the future people will do the solid axle conversion and custom chassis like the e-maxx crawlers of past.
STJ7780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:23 AM   #14
RCC Addict

I probably will never own one, but it looks fun. It will never be a serious crawler, but for a basher it looks very capable. I'd love to see how it handles mud and snow.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:56 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Let EMaxx/Revo design go Traxxas. I'm surprised they came out with this. IMO Axial is the only company that hit the nail on the head out the gate. I really hope Traxxas developes a "solid axle crawler" soon. I think they could own the sport if they did.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
Its the H2 of crawling. To big, to heavy, lots of flashy bodywork and lights, not a whole lot of worthy rock crawling performance.
That's too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny
To much $$$$ for that thing! They need to make a new chassis and get off of that one....there milking the crap out of it!
They just wanna save $$$$$. But it's a Smart move recycling the E-revo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405
Let EMaxx/Revo design go Traxxas. I'm surprised they came out with this. IMO Axial is the only company that hit the nail on the head out the gate. I really hope Traxxas developes a "solid axle crawler" soon. I think they could own the sport if they did.
I wish it would've been solid axled too, but Traxxas doesn't wanna "own" any sport. They're the cavalier of the R/C industry-everybodys first car. I think they are gonna sell. I have three on backorder for customers at my shop allready. Alotta guys love this truck, just not us!
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 AM   #17
Donkey Punch Champion!

I got money down on one. I can't wait. It will add another Traxxas rig to my already obsence collection.

1-Tmaxx OS .40 4stroke
1-Tmaxx Hardcore .21
1-Emaxx COMPLETE Supermaxx
1-Emaxx New version w/Novak HV 4.5
2-Slash w/ MM and 5700's
3-VXL Stampede
2-Villian boats

Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #18
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
1-Tmaxx OS .40 4stroke
This is a bit OT, but, I always wondered about putting a 4 stroke in a monster truck. How is that working out for you?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

I wont have the money for one for a while, but I think they are a pretty cool rig.

I think some of you guys need to pull your head out, thinking this thing was supposed to compete with a comp rig, its not even marketed as a crawler, its a all terrain vehicle. More of a go anywhere truck than a crawler.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #20
Hell's Gnome

Yes, it's cool and if I had to choose only one basher/crawler/cover as many bases with one truck as you can type thing, the Summit MAY be it. But with what I own now, throwing well over $500 out for this thing is NOT gonna happen.
LumTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote