Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: See yall leter...hopefully

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default See yall leter...hopefully

Well I just heard that we are having a mandatory evactuation of Orleans Parish, La. I have finished boarding my house up the best I could and hopefully my sailboat will be ok. I wont be on RCC for at least three days so this is my see yall later post. We are some of the last people to leave and it is getting pretty rough. So hopefully I will get to come home in three days and get on here.
See yall,
Willy
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2005, 12:12 PM   #2
R.I.P. Chip

Get the hell out of there, it sounds like it is going to be very bad.

I wish you luck.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Take care Will. I have been through one hurricane and they are no fun whatsoever. I rode that one out and and watched my little hobie cat catamaran that I had JUST BOUGHT get wrapped around a tree. They have a hurricane advisery out for us and we are in north east Alabama.
aubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:40 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Ive rode out everysingle one we have been hit by in the last 5yrs but good GOD this one looks just as bad as Andrew

Be Smart and safe and dont ride this one out...

Good luck to you guys..
bulletproofcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:10 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Prayers are with you and yours and that you return to a intact home.
BeadLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:10 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Ok guys I just found a computer at the place where I am staying! So far this is how it has gone:
Day 1: August 28, 2005
After we finished boarding up my house we started driving nonstop for about 9 hours taking only backroads that my dad knew about. We had my dad, mom, grandma, dog (Pepper), two cats (Prince "Buddy" and Chopper), and me. We were luckily in two seperate cars. My mom and I were with Buddy and Chopper while the front car had my grandmother and my dad with my Pepper. We were calling on our cell phones trying to find a place to stay somewhere around Montgomery, Al. After 4 hours of driving in our cars we decided to just drive to Montgomery and see what happens. So now it is about 10:45pm and we decide to call my Godfather(Jay)'s cell but it takes about 25 trys before we can get a cell phone line. We then find out that he is staying at his brother(Kerry) in laws house. We ask if we could stay in the driveway until the morning so we would have somewhere to sleep safely. We arrive at about 12:30am and Jay's sister in law(Kollean) walks out and says that they have three bedrooms up stairs for us! This house is BIG it is a 6 bedroom, 4 bath, and a bigass downstairs. So we devide up the animals and I take Chopper who likes to attack people in the night and my mom and dad take Pepper and Prince who sleep next to each other every night.

I will do day 2 in a bit. -Will
Old 08-30-2005, 08:19 AM   #7
Powered by Awesome

Glad to hear Your doing OK...
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:58 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Day 2: August 29, 2005
I woke up at around 11:30am and walked downstairs to see the first of the pictures from Katrina. The day went pretty well with just alittle bit of rain. At around 6:45pm I started making dinner. At 7 I put the meat on the grill and walked back inside to see the worst picture of my life. I saw a mile away from my house 10 feet under water! My mom started crying because she didn't get any of the pictures of my brother and I when we were kids. But we then realized that we are about 7 to 8 ft above where the flodding was. We went to sleep that night thanking god that we got out of there.
Day 3: August 30, 2005
I woke up this morning to my dad telling me to come look at this. Our yaught club has BURNED to the ground! My 2 sailboats might still be in their slips or they could be in the tangled mess of boats that we saw. The first thing that I am going to do when I get back into the city is go check on my boat.

Thats all that has happened so far so I will post again later -Will
Old 08-30-2005, 03:50 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Damb, that sucks.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #10

Keep us posted and good luck with your recovery. I saw the news report with the burning boathouse. Thats horrible! :-( Glad to hear your family and pets are safe though.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:54 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Day 5: September 1, 2005
Alright guys I just bought a laptop and now I will be able to keep up with my emails. We moved into a cottage in the woods at Callaway Gardens, Georgia. We went to Walmart and Sams. Of course while I was at Wally World I had to pick up a 1:18th Jeep crawler so I will be able to stay away from the tv. I bought a Twin Force finally so when I have a mailing adress I will start that project. We might be going either to Mexico Beach, Fl or Black Mountain, NC. I wont be able to go home for weeks so I am very worried about my home. I got some bad news today....my mom's best freind's sister's ex-husband left her two small dogs in KENNELS!!!!!! HER HOUSE IS UNDER WATER!!!! That stupid F***!! Her dogs died because of his stupid A**!! I am a dog lover and I hate to think that dogs that I love and play with died from drowning. I dont know how he could be so stupid, he evacuated the chirldren but left the dogs! I pray that the dogs made it somehow. I will post again later so for now this is it.
Thanks for listening and for the kind words,
Will R.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:42 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

ima head over to new orleans and get sum scuba gear and raid the rc shops no that really sux what happened to every one.. but heres one question WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU LIVE IN A PLACE THATS LOWER THAN SEA LEVEL thats surrounded by water ON THREE SIDES
nd4spdbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:08 PM   #13
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh
ima head over to new orleans and get sum scuba gear and raid the rc shops no that really sux what happened to every one.. but heres one question WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU LIVE IN A PLACE THATS LOWER THAN SEA LEVEL thats surrounded by water ON THREE SIDES
This crap needs to be deleted. I'm guessing Will lives there because his parents live there. Have a little compassion, will you please? People have lost everything, many lost their lives. Right now is not the time to criticize.

Will, I'm glad to hear that you, your family, and pets are all safe. Good luck, you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by CSR; 08-31-2005 at 09:11 PM.
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:12 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Thankyou CSR.....I love my city even if I wasn't raised there I would live there.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:19 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Ive been to Orleans a couple of times as well as some other neighbor cities and to be honest with you it was a georgeous place to live, people live there for the same reasons people live on the same florida coasts that get hit by heavy storms every year, because for the 10 months of the year that it's sunny it's worth every penny..

jst my 2 cents

Good luck to you guys that got hit and hope to hear from you..

Mike
bulletproofcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:32 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Well im in south florida and damn did we get luck i saw Andrew just miss me to the south by about 20 miles 13 ot years ago and this one actually made landfall 3 miles north of me and the eye went directly over my house...... needless to say the storm was nothing less than a ***** when it hit us....im left speechless watching the inevitable loss of property and life in such a beautiful city....... thats all ill say about the city.... Sorry to hear about your losses, the amount of storms and homes destroyed ive seen first hand is more than should be, and besides a few bent trees......you can actually see the bends in trees in south florida from andrew...... New Orleans will be back to normal, and ill be there for the party. although like homestead it may take a while and As for deleting the post i think that would be rude to him.

i cant believe they are tearing down the dome.>!! wow....
SuperDuty97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:39 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

will, I am glad to hear you and your family have made it to safety. I couldnt for the life of me comprehend what you and so many others affected are going through right now!! So are you guys going to make a new life in FL. or will you be going back? Take care and keep us posted!
cstmp8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:40 AM   #18
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuty97
As for deleting the post i think that would be rude to him.
I was referring to nd4spdbh's post as the one that needed deleted, not Will's. The people of LA need help, not critisism for living where they did. Imagine losing Everything you owned (house, car, personal possesions, pictures, memories) and then hearing some immature prick post "Duh, shouldn't have built your house below sea level". It's enough to make me see red and I'm not even one of the unfortunate people effected by this tragedy.
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:03 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Nothing has changed around here. I found a satellite picture of my two homes. I rent the one with the brown roof to my grandmother and live in the one with the black roof. Soon I will own the one in the middle to.

Before:

After:

Last edited by Will; 09-06-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:19 PM   #20
Adilynsdad too!

Glad to hear you and your family are doing good, as good as one can be,. Have you heard from any of the other LA people?
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote