Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Recommend Best Rock Crawler Magazine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Recommend Best Rock Crawler Magazine

Amigos:

Which is the best Rock Crawling magazine out there?

Thanks,

Migs
Migs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
On the lookout for Rocks

1:1 is Crawl Magazine...think it's just Crawl now
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks ConstantMotion! -Migs
Old 01-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Agreed! I've been getting Crawl since they first started (and even got the first issue of that other mag....Xtreme Offroad Mag) and love it!

Were you asking about 1:1 or RC?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

i to get crawler it is a cool mag it helps out with 1:1 rigs lerned alot to help my 1:1 out
heminutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I was asking about 1/10 scale.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
RCC Addict

There is no consistent publication as of yet. Car Action had a special late last year. Crawler had one as well and I recall that it might be bi-monthly? I am not sure though. Been a few articles in RC Driver as well.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Built, not bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
I was asking about 1/10 scale.
For r/c's,RCDRIVER's crawler magazine is the best by far.
Link to chit chat thread.

Last edited by 62PYRO; 01-16-2009 at 02:50 PM.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:55 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

62p;yro is that a mothyly mag or a one thime thing
hende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Car Action's was alot more helpful and a hell of alot easier to find the the RC Driver issue, which was found nowhere except in the LHS 30 miles away or paying $5 to have it shipped. Both were good, but if it comes to buying subscriptions, Car Action gets my money everytime.
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
Car Action's was alot more helpful and a hell of alot easier to find the the RC Driver issue, which was found nowhere except in the LHS 30 miles away or paying $5 to have it shipped. Both were good, but if it comes to buying subscriptions, Car Action gets my money everytime.
RC Drivers Crawler issue was head and shoulders better than than the rehashed drivel that RC Clown Action threw together in an effort to beat RC Drivers to market.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
RC Drivers Crawler issue was head and shoulders better than than the rehashed drivel that RC Clown Action threw together in an effort to beat RC Drivers to market.
Thats your opinion and you are intitled to it. All I know is it was found in a local convience store 4 miles away and that was a damn sight better then people getting raped paying $5 shipping on a magazine or driving 30 miles to the LHS to get it. Being that RCC and RCD are hand in hand, you will get alot of backside kissing here. I never kiss anyones backside and see things in a nonbiased light. RCCA will still get my money no matter how you or anyone else likes it, be it the Crawler issues or the regular mag.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #13
Built, not bought

Quote:
Thats your opinion and you are intitled to it. All I know is it was found in a local convience store 4 miles away and that was a damn sight better then people getting raped paying $5 shipping on a magazine or driving 30 miles to the LHS to get it. Being that RCC and RCD are hand in hand, you will get alot of backside kissing here. I never kiss anyones backside and see things in a nonbiased light. RCCA will still get my money no matter how you or anyone else likes it, be it the Crawler issues or the regular mag.

It sounds like you might have your nose buried up someones ass.
The RCD mag was far better.I'd rather pay more for a mag put out by experienced crawlers than buy an overpriced Traxxas catalog.

Note:The opinions stated are that of the author.If you don't like it,you can kiss my ass.

Last edited by 62PYRO; 01-17-2009 at 12:57 PM.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Mark off a couple acres buddy, you are all ass with an attitude and comment like that. Being that guys like you prefer to act all big and bad behind a keyboard, you should be setting a better example being a vendor, not being a loudmouth pompus child.

Last edited by blackfoot; 01-17-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
No, that was my experienced opinion. Big difference.

If you honestly read both issues, compared content, and still feel RCCAs issue was better based on your ability to pick it up at the local quicky mart, that shows a lack of understanding of the sport IMO.

Ass for the ass kissing, I have one for you.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I have read both, cover to cover numerous time. Both are very good IMO, because they both recognize our segment of the hobby. Yes the RCD had some content that RCCA didnt, but RCCA had some that RCD didnt as well. Yes, I admit that I was really turned off that it was not available locally or was forced to pay a heavy shipping charge. JIA did a great job in the RCD mag and his departments of RCD are the only reason I subscribe to RCD, but to completely degrade the RCCA issue just because you didnt find it in the least bit valuable is showing just how big of an ass you really are. So we have 2 magazine publishers giving us that nobody else cares to and you talk shit on one of them just coz you and they have backing here? With thinking like that, its no wonder all the good little stores are forced out of business infavor of Walmart.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Dude, do you have an ass fetish?

To be brutally honest, I didn't find the RCCA issue to all that informative. I can however see the value it had to the new participants to the sport. If I were a nOOb, I guess I would have gleaned much more from it. If their intention was to focus on the less experienced crawlers, then they were successful and it was indeed helpful.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Yes I do have a thing for asses, as long as that ass in on a Asian woman, lol.
Yes I am somewhat new to crawling. I have been in the RC hobby fror 26 years, but crawling for just over a year and not all that hardcore as the closest place that holds comps is 2 hours away. So yes, to a noob, it was very helpful, any and all writeups on crawling is helpful to someone trying to learn from scratch. We all had to start somewhere, just like you had to.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Pffft, I was born a crawler!

Hell when I started crawling we didn't even have crawlers. We had to make them from misc. parts, so it's all a matter of perspective.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

If you have been in RC for over 20 years, then you must remember when RCCA (Kevin H) gave the original Juggernaut a glowing report, only to have it fall apart for everyone and Tamiya put out a repair kit for free. He basically did a commercial for it without really beating on it to see if it worked or not. I too have both issues and paid 7.00 shipping for the Driver version. I found it well worth the extra money. It was more informative and better put together. RCCA rushed theirs to beat crawler and it had some good info in it, but not enough for a special edition. By the way, its not up to the publisher which stores carry their mags, its basically up to the vendors that stock the stores and the stores asking for something special. I used to subscribe to RCCA, I had every issue until that shameful showing and threw them all away.
mspohn is offline   Reply With Quote