LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2005, 07:08 PM   #1
bendforthebone

Default everybody please look. Pay your respects

Hurricane Katrina
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #2

I am a victim of hurricane katrina. I live on the west bank of new orleans and I just got my power on. I have some damage on my house, but it's still here.
xtremecrawler504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #3
bendforthebone

YOUR OK RIGHT? thats all that matters is that your still alive
Old 09-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

btdb-you have a premium account to use ur own music?

and extreme, as long as your alive it will be alright
fuzzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #5
bendforthebone

no its coded in to the page somehow
Old 09-10-2005, 07:42 PM   #6

yeaaa I am fine. I feel sorry for the people in saint benard parish. They have water and toxic sludge. they won't be able to build there again.
xtremecrawler504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #7
06 Super National Champ

Nice intent with the page, but why does it say "date rape drug" at the top?

BTW, PLEASE use a spell check on that page.

Better yet...type it in Word. It'll fix capitalization and a few grammatical errors as well. ;)
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:10 PM   #8
bendforthebone

I dunno i think thats the name of the song coase I deleted it and it didn;t play music anymore. By the way I made the page but not the content. I found that. I'll try to edit it.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:11 PM   #9
R.I.P. Chip

Yea, nice intentions, but my 7 year old daughter could have used better spelling and sentance structure.

Also telling me that I have no heart because I refuse to spam you page all over the web is pretty lame.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:20 PM   #10
bendforthebone

Like I said I didn't write this. It acually came off of myspace and was a chain letter(I hate those!!!)I got it all fixed up now
Old 09-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecrawler504
I feel sorry for the people in saint benard parish. They have water and toxic sludge
If they would have fixed the 17th street canal break than the best part of the city wouldn't be ruined.....
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:47 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I just ot back last niht from New Orleans. I have been there for the last 11 days. I am in the Coast uard, and am a Fliht Mech on the HH65. The news pics, do not do the area justice. I cannot beleive some of the thins I saw. The whole situation is undescribable........

I hope noone ever has to see this type of situation ever...............
willyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:49 PM   #13
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyrocket
I just ot back last niht from New Orleans. I have been there for the last 11 days. I am in the Coast uard, and am a Fliht Mech on the HH65. The news pics, do not do the area justice. I cannot beleive some of the thins I saw. The whole situation is undescribable........

Thank You very much for helping all those people out.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:12 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

i think the lack of help and supplies has more to do with racism than anything else.

florida and texas always get help when **** like this happens
Vitamin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:26 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin_J
i think the lack of help and supplies has more to do with racism than anything else.

Unless you were there to see what actually is happenin, keep your comments to yourself.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:27 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
Thank You very much for helping all those people out.

Your welcome. I am still tryin to help contribute.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:42 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Yes, thank you so much. I see the pictures, watch the news, and can't begin to imagine.......
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:43 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Unless you were there to see what actually is happenin, keep your comments to yourself.
well, you're right. i haven't been there.

but i know 2 things:

1) New Orleans, and Louisiana in general has a huge black population. much higher percentage than Florida.

2) When there's a Hurricane that affects Florida, trucks carrying supplies are on the road the day after. The amount of death and destruction after a similar hurricane in florida is no where near as high as it is in New Orleans.
Vitamin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:21 AM   #19
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin_J

When the first responders bring help and supplies into Florida and Texas they don't come under fire from predatory gangs either. People want to help, but they don't want to be killed trying to help.

I knew it wouldn't take long for Jesse Jackson or some other race Warlord to step in and blame all of this on the color of the victims skin. Any time there is media coverage, the media *****s are quick to get their face in the picture. We have people in our society whose power is derived solely from either generating or exploiting racial tension. They use this tension to claim a position of leadership and racial power. If there is no tension, these people become powerless. It didn't take long after Katrina struck before these people realized that here was a real possibility to make a name and gather a following. All they had to do was blame the slow response on race. Since we have a Republican in the White House the media is going to be anxious to push this racial angle to the hurricane response. The idea that America in general, and George Bush in particular didn't care about New Orleans because the people stranded there were black is so absurd that it deserves no more attention here.

It seems that people spend more time trying to assess blame for what happened in New Orleans as they do trying to find ways to fix it.
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:34 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR
When the first responders bring help and supplies into Florida and Texas they don't come under fire from predatory gangs either. People want to help, but they don't want to be killed trying to help.

I knew it wouldn't take long for Jesse Jackson or some other race Warlord to step in and blame all of this on the color of the victims skin. Any time there is media coverage, the media *****s are quick to get their face in the picture. We have people in our society whose power is derived solely from either generating or exploiting racial tension. They use this tension to claim a position of leadership and racial power. If there is no tension, these people become powerless. It didn't take long after Katrina struck before these people realized that here was a real possibility to make a name and gather a following. All they had to do was blame the slow response on race. Since we have a Republican in the White House the media is going to be anxious to push this racial angle to the hurricane response. The idea that America in general, and George Bush in particular didn't care about New Orleans because the people stranded there were black is so absurd that it deserves no more attention here.

It seems that people spend more time trying to assess blame for what happened in New Orleans as they do trying to find ways to fix it.
Couldn't have said it better myself! The race blame game in this mess is sickening!
Elway358 is offline   Reply With Quote