Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Any otr drivers in here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Any otr drivers in here?

Hey hows it going I was wondering if there are any truck drivers in here who take there crawlers with the. I think we should try and post places we have been where we can get a truck in and go crawl. Well have a good one.
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Hey if anyone out there knows of any place to crawl where you can get a truck into or withing walking distance let me know thanks.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Stu, aka Microgoat here and aka Dremelit on scale4x4 is.
Phatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Must be nice to have that kind of free time on your hands
When I was driving OTR, I never had enough time for any of that..... Freight must be really slow
One of the best places I've seen was US12 on the Lochsa River in Idaho east of Kooskia and Kamiah (there's several turnouts to park in).... Used to load lumber down there and haul it back to MT. Then there's Crater's of the Moon park northeast of Twin Falls.... US93 I believe... Looked pretty good also. There used to be a big turnout by the entrance to the park.
If you ever make it up to the Kalispell area and have to layover, PM me and I'll take you to some good spots around here also...

Last edited by montana.matt; 02-17-2009 at 09:24 PM.
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
Must be nice to have that kind of free time on your hands
When I was driving OTR, I never had enough time for any of that..... Freight must be really slow
One of the best places I've seen was US12 on the Lochsa River in Idaho east of Kooskia and Kamiah (there's several turnouts to park in).... Used to load lumber down there and haul it back to MT. Then there's Crater's of the Moon park northeast of Twin Falls.... US93 I believe... Looked pretty good also. There used to be a big turnout by the entrance to the park.
If you ever make it up to the Kalispell area and have to layover, PM me and I'll take you to some good spots around here also...
Well it is not to bad but it is like run hard for 4 or 5 days then have cpl of days off. I was thinking of Hwy 12 and 93 I have not been on those for a cpl of months now. Who did you run for? I have picked up lumber in Kooskia and Kamiah also.

Well thanks for the replys.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I used to drive OTR and I know the pain of your boredom...so I'll give you the best place I know of on the road to crawl. TEXAS CANYON, AZ. Just west of Wilcox on I-10, you can not miss it, you'll see the mountain of rocks way before you get there. And the best part?? There's a rest area right there...there are fence's that block most of the good rocks but there's plenty in the rest area to keep you busy for a while. Also, if you go west past the rest area the next exit is Dragoon Rd...this is one area where we hold our club comps, one of my favorite comp sites that we use. Only one problem, your supposed to have permission to be out in the rocky areas..our club has permission to be there so you should be ok. I would say just get off the exit, park on the west on-ramp and walk out from there, hell, there's plenty of rocks right there on the on-ramp to play on too.

If you have an opportunity stop at Texas Canyon to crawl, trust me, you won't regret it...

Check out this site for some pictures(random google site I found)...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Texas_Canyon
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisetrucker View Post
Well it is not to bad but it is like run hard for 4 or 5 days then have cpl of days off. I was thinking of Hwy 12 and 93 I have not been on those for a cpl of months now. Who did you run for? I have picked up lumber in Kooskia and Kamiah also.

Well thanks for the replys.
I know how you feel We used to run Mon-Fri and be home weekends, so I wasn't too concerned about trying to find a place to crawl when I was gone. I used to to drive for Rod Clarke Trucking out of Victor, MT.... Super B train flatbed;)

Last edited by montana.matt; 02-18-2009 at 09:16 PM.
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote