LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Syd
Quarry Creeper

Default Brushless Guys (:

So I'm thinking about gettin either one of these;

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVWB9&P=SM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWLX1&P=SM

Whats the difference between a Sensored motor an a Non-Sensored Motor? The first one is $139 an the second is $149; Whats the difference between them?

When I get it, Its goin in my beat the hell rustler an i'm going to run my 4600 nimh trinity race packs in them

Help Would Be Great
Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

How smooth they will be at slower speeds. With a non-sensored with will get cogging untill you get rolling. I have a Mamba Max 7700 on my slash and at slow speed it is almost like a stutter but its not that big of a deal because I use it off road where I am rarely going very slow. I have a Mongoose sensored brushless on my Recoil Pro and it is smooth as glass no matter how slow you go which is great for going around an onroad/carpet track that a very tecnical and smooth acceleration is needed. For your rustler I would just go with the non-sensored if money is tight. It also depends on how fast you want to go.. one of those is a 21.5 and the other is an 8.5. The 21.5 is going to be much slower. If you want to go fast get the 8.5.
bnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
Syd
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoland View Post
How smooth they will be at slower speeds. With a non-sensored with will get cogging untill you get rolling. I have a Mamba Max 7700 on my slash and at slow speed it is almost like a stutter but its not that big of a deal because I use it off road where I am rarely going very slow. I have a Mongoose sensored brushless on my Recoil Pro and it is smooth as glass no matter how slow you go which is great for going around an onroad/carpet track that a very tecnical and smooth acceleration is needed. For your rustler I would just go with the non-sensored if money is tight. It also depends on how fast you want to go.. one of those is a 21.5 and the other is an 8.5. The 21.5 is going to be much slower. If you want to go fast get the 8.5.

Thanks for the imput bro;

I've got a Trinity 27t in my rustler now, but its a brushed motor an i've always have to have to take it out like every few days cause it gets so fawk dirty... its really annoying an I'm tired of messing with brushed motors...

I've got more then enough to get the 8.5.But wouldnt that cut my battery times down? My brushed 27 with my 4600 battery lasts about 10 min.
An I've got a 2nd 4600 an 2 3600 batteries that I normally run thorugh it once its cooled down.

But I figured that the 21.5 would last about as long as my 27 did.

Then the 8.5 would eat my batterie more quicker...
Old 03-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd View Post
Thanks for the imput bro;

I've got a Trinity 27t in my rustler now, but its a brushed motor an i've always have to have to take it out like every few days cause it gets so fawk dirty... its really annoying an I'm tired of messing with brushed motors...

I've got more then enough to get the 8.5.But wouldnt that cut my battery times down? My brushed 27 with my 4600 battery lasts about 10 min.
An I've got a 2nd 4600 an 2 3600 batteries that I normally run thorugh it once its cooled down.

But I figured that the 21.5 would last about as long as my 27 did.

Then the 8.5 would eat my batterie more quicker...
The 8.5 will probably cut your run time down alittle. I run a 5000 Lipo 2 cell on my 7700 and I get 20-25 min. With your battery and the 8.5 you will probably get 7-10min still depending on how you drive. With as many batteries as you have you should be able to run almost all the time so long as you keep them all charged. With the 21.5 driving the same as you do with the 27 brushed I would expect the same run time or possibly alittle more time.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
Syd
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
The 8.5 will probably cut your run time down alittle. I run a 5000 Lipo 2 cell on my 7700 and I get 20-25 min. With your battery and the 8.5 you will probably get 7-10min still depending on how you drive. With as many batteries as you have you should be able to run almost all the time so long as you keep them all charged. With the 21.5 driving the same as you do with the 27 brushed I would expect the same run time or possibly alittle more time.

Thats what I was thinking

I run the hell out of my rustler, With my 27t brushed I can drift on the street; I've got street treads to.
An I go to a little dirt lot beside my house an I made a few jumps like a double; small table top, an I've got a woop section that I can hold the throttle WIDE open an my rustler goes over like nothing.

plus I deep cycle my 4600 battery to, it takes it a little over 12 hours to charge it, my 3600's take about 2 or 3 hours.. Lol.

So, Would you reccomend a 8.5 sensored? or a 21.5 non senseored?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thats what I was thinking

I run the hell out of my rustler, With my 27t brushed I can drift on the street; I've got street treads to.
An I go to a little dirt lot beside my house an I made a few jumps like a double; small table top, an I've got a woop section that I can hold the throttle WIDE open an my rustler goes over like nothing.

plus I deep cycle my 4600 battery to, it takes it a little over 12 hours to charge it, my 3600's take about 2 or 3 hours.. Lol.

So, Would you reccomend a 8.5 sensored? or a 21.5 non senseored?
That is what I would go with. It is not really going to cut your run time enough that it would bother me. For the cost I would go with the 8.5 for sure.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
Syd
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That is what I would go with. It is not really going to cut your run time enough that it would bother me. For the cost I would go with the 8.5 for sure.

Thanks for the help
Old 03-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Anytime
Old 03-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
So I'm thinking about gettin either one of these;

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVWB9&P=SM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWLX1&P=SM

Whats the difference between a Sensored motor an a Non-Sensored Motor? The first one is $139 an the second is $149; Whats the difference between them?

When I get it, Its goin in my beat the hell rustler an i'm going to run my 4600 nimh trinity race packs in them

Help Would Be Great
I wouldn't get either of those. I personally would go for a 5700 Sidewinder combo for a Rustler or other stadium truck. Can be had for a little cheaper and way more adjustable. Plus it will handle way more voltage than either of the Novak ESCs.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

All I have to say is go sensored. I have raced and bashed with both and will never own another sensorless setup. Even when bashing its annoying.
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:14 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
I wouldn't get either of those. I personally would go for a 5700 Sidewinder combo for a Rustler or other stadium truck. Can be had for a little cheaper and way more adjustable. Plus it will handle way more voltage than either of the Novak ESCs.
The 8.5 with a 2 cell lipo will be fast as shit
Old 03-10-2009, 01:32 AM   #12
MWRCA'er

+1 for the sidewinder system.

Its upgradeable say your options change in the future. Where as with the Novak your stuck with limited motor choices, and limited voltage.

My stampede just rips with the sidewinder setup.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I cant say I dont like the sidewinder.. I have the sidewinder 5700 on my RC10T4 but of the choices he wanted to know about I would go with the sensored 8.5