Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: ROC'N FOR THE KIDS! Anyone go?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default ROC'N FOR THE KIDS! Anyone go?

Did anyone goto the ROC'N FOR THE KIDS rock race in Placerville on Sat.? It was freakin awesome. There were of course, the smaller not so cool rigs, and the super comp. really nice buggies. Those guys bashed the **** out of their rigs. Man it is really awesome watching those guys hit the rocks with their go pedal on the floor, trying to get the fastest time. It is just a lot more fun than watching the super slow crawling during a points comp. There was an elevan year old kid driving one of the buggies, and it had 49" Iroks on it. The kid was a very impressive driver, I must say. We took video of it, so as soon as the vid. is ready, I'll try and post it for everyone.
Trailerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
RCC Addict

hurry up and get the vid!!!!
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

My buddy will have to edit it, and add music, or not (the engines bouncing off redline is cool), then I'll upload onto the video's section of the site. I'm sure it'll take a night or two. He couldn't do it yesterday, he was busy wheeling his own rig.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Did anyone say anything about your scale crawler before the comp? So was it just a big pile of granite?
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:11 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
Did anyone say anything about your scale crawler before the comp? So was it just a big pile of granite?
There were some comments about the little rc crawler. Some of the drivers stopped in their rigs to check it out, and a few people came over to take a look. A lot of comments about how cool the little rc's are, and of course a couple comments like "Oh man, I knew I should have brought mine." I didn't take any spare batteries with me so once the one was dead, the fun was over. I should have taken all my stuff with me, they would have let me play on the course, oh well. The comp. was cool. It was one long line of rock. They piled a bunch of dirt in the middle and then stacked rocks on top of that. At each end they placed a couple K-rails (concrete traffic dividers) and rock. It went two rigs at a time, they started in the middle facing away from the crowd. Once into the rocks, one rig turned right around a cone, the other turned left around and cone, then it was a race to the end of the course. Each driver raced twice, once on each side. Then the top 3 drivers from each class drove the entire course. Each time they went, they went against the clock, so it was all about having the best time. This made the comp. very exciting to watch. The classes were simple, 35" and under, and then the big boys, Over 35". In the Over 35" class, there was only one rig with tires larger than 40" and it had 49". It was the one driven by the elevan year old kid. The kid took third place covering the entire course in 48 sec. First place covered the entire course in 38 seconds. Driving a straight line was easier than doing the corner right at the beginning. It was a good time for sure.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:31 PM   #6
RCC Addict

That sucks. They were basically forcing the guys to tear up there rigs for the crowds pleasure.

Last edited by mike; 10-17-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:36 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
That sucks. They were basically forcing the guys to tear up there rigs for the crowds pleasure.
Well Duh, it's called a rock race not tip toe through the tulips race. If you don't want your rig to get damaged, leave it at home. Anyways, build your rig right and it won't get torn up. Man, you should make a comment like that on the Pirates site, you'd get flamed so bad you probably wouldn't ever make another comment again.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:05 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerguy
Well Duh, it's called a rock race not tip toe through the tulips race. If you don't want your rig to get damaged, leave it at home. Anyways, build your rig right and it won't get torn up. Man, you should make a comment like that on the Pirates site, you'd get flamed so bad you probably wouldn't ever make another comment again.
ok.