Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: It felt so good

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default It felt so good

So last night I was supposed to work the overnight stocking shift at work, but I was having fun hanging out with my friend who just got back from basic/tech school (he's going to be an ammo guy for the Air Force). My job has cut me from 40hrs/wk to 16-18hrs/wk and have generally just kept me out of the loop and not given me the respect I think I should get. (oh and I just found out, they didn't submit the correct workers comp paperwork, so now I may have to pay for my medical treatments... like hell I won't!)

So I didn't go. I didn't call, I didn't go. Turned the phone off and slept. It felt great. I've already put in for a few other jobs, and it seems likely to get one, or I may just buckle down for a long winter vacation working my 2nd job more often, which makes more money and is more enjoyable (even if the days are longer and its outside in the cold).

And they weren't pissed. They were just confused. My job is retarded. I told them it must have been a miscommunication between managers, and they had no idea what was going on, like everything else. Two people have already submitted resignation letters, so I guess I am not the only disgruntled employee.

Anyway, thought I'd share my office space style zen. Though, if you like your job, I don't know if you'd want to copy my example.

Last edited by Plays_with_Toys; 11-17-2005 at 09:07 PM. Reason: you're right john
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

thats great. perfect example of mismanagent.

manager 1: "well I thought you told him about the shift!"
manager 2: "no no, I know perfectly well that it was Chris' job or someone."

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 11-17-2005 at 10:12 PM.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:01 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Wish ya luck man
RodyRazorBackc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:28 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Try Some of This

bulletproofcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

PWT's post is "Office Space" esque! "I don't like work, I don't think I'll go today"
Bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:25 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletproofcustoms
Try Some of This

Haha... Nice. Robin Williams, Live on Broadway.

Bsmooth, the most poignant moment was when I turned to my friend and said "would I be dissappointed in any way if I were to be fired?" I guess this was a pretty pointless post. I guess I've come to a point where everything kind of is just "eh", and I've not missed a day of work that I didn't give my bosses tons of warning that I couldn't work since I started working, 4 years ago. But like I said, my small business bosses were always cooler than corporate. I guess because corporations can afford to hire morons, and small business needs smart people to stay alive.

And I did make good use of the day. I slept, was well rested and studied for my chemistry test, which I rocked on. And tomorrow, I'll be well rested again when I go to install some new goodies on the 1:1.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 02:22 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

A classic case of anal-glaucoma. Where you just can't see your a$$ going into work. I suffer from it also.
thaclodking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:59 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Angry

Thats sounds so good. I leave for work in 30 minutes. To bad i took 2 days last week, i wonder if they notice im allways "sick" on mondays and fridays lol.
sambmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:48 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Oh how I wish I could have those days back!!! If it wouldnt cost me my job, I would have done that a few times already!
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote