Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Stupid Scammers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Stupid Scammers

This scam is old as hell, and its finally been tried on my dad. We're selling my old dirt bike, so we put it in the cycle trader. He got this e-mail today
HELLO SELLER,
I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING YOUR BIKE FOR MY CLIENT WHO INTEND TO USE IT IN UK,I WILL BE OFFERING YOU $2400 FOR THE BIKE.YOU DONT HAVE TO BOTHER ABOUT THE SHIPMENT OF THE ITEM DOWN tO UK BECAUSE I HAVE A SHIPPING AGENT THAT WILL HANDLE THE SHIPMENT, THEY WILL COME OVER TO PICKUP AFTER YOU HAVE COMFIRMED THE PAYMENT FROM MY CLIENT.SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SELLING TO MY CLIENT , PLEASE DO GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR CONTACT NAME AND ADDRESS ALSO WITH YOUR PHONE
BEST REGARDS
SENDER'S NAME: peter paker
TELEPHONE: Buyer did not Provide
I'm suprised he didn't mention forwarding extra cash to an account in Rangoon after his "shipping agent" picks it up.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2005, 10:27 PM   #2

I like it when they ask you to send a "good faith" deposit. The sad thing is, these people wouldn't be out there if they didn't get people to fall for this crap.
bill_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:48 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Thing I thought was odd was that the add is for $2300, 1800 if we took it back to stock. Maybe he thought the extra hundred would make it sound better.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:20 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yea, that crap has been going on for a while now. I listed my Accord on ebay and craigslist and got several of those emails.

They are doing a different scam now. I was searching craigslist and found this

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/car/114444344.html

2003 350Z coupe for $7k. They book for around $20k. I was 99% sure this was a scam. The way the ad was written gave it away. But I still wanted to email the dude and see what is up. This is how it went:

ME

Tell me, what’s wrong with the car? It books for close to $20K, and you’re selling it for $7k.

HIM

The car is as good as new so you don't have to worry. Here are the most important details about the car :
- US car ( US model , US specs )
- odometer in Miles , speedometer in Miles per Hour ( MPH )
This car meets all Environmental Regulations in the USA ( DOT , EPA ) .
it has a clear title issued in US and it can be registred anytime under your name without a problem.It's absolutely perfect ,it has a clear title ,has never been repaired , never been involved in any type of accident or had any paint or body work done! I live in the UNITED KINGDOM now where European specs are different from the American ones and it costs me too much driving this car legally here and also there is nobody interested in buying it here.In addition,the car's steering is on the left like in the US but english cars have steering on the right that's why I am selling it so cheap hoping to find a buyer in the US where it belongs.I inquired and the best and fastest way I can ship with is using Lufthansa Air Cargo and it takes between 7-14 days to arrive at your door and I will take care of a third of the expenses which include shipping and insurance and you will handle the other 2 thirds. We will use a safe payment method through Escrow Insurer,I have an insurance policy which will protect us both in case something goes wrong up to $15000 and I assume you know what this means. I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.Thank you
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:08 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Purposefully vague, doesn't key in on anything and dances around what legit sellers list first (or at all, for that matter), but tries to come off as still trust worthy................I call crapola too. Sad thing is, some poor sap will come along and see it, not think it through or even read, and dump his hard earned cash into some gypsy's hands.

Does Lufthansa even ship cars? His whole reply is so full of crap, my living room is gonna stink for a week now!
dabid is offline   Reply With Quote