Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: need some cell phone help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default need some cell phone help

Im debeting on what I should do. My girlfriend has an iphone and I like some of the apps that you can get for it, but other then those few apps my nokia e71x kicks its A##. my problem is I just resigned my 2 year contract with at&t less then 6 months ago and already have enough mintues on my plan, unlimited text and data, so I have now need to upgrade my plan. here is the options I have

keep my nokia and purchase and itouch to use the apps i like.

or

is there an option of getting an iphone without signing a contract with at&t. Will a jailbroken iphone run the apps purchased on the itunes store?
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

can you not find some one to take over your existing contract then resign and get the iphone...
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
Ultimate RC Decals

from what i understand is you can buy the iphone without the contract but it will come with a huge price. i have the 32 gig 3Gs iphone. i like it alot and the internet is fairly quick with the 3gs. to get the same phone without a contract will run you $699.
BOWTIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIE View Post
from what i understand is you can buy the iphone without the contract but it will come with a huge price. i have the 32 gig 3Gs iphone. i like it alot and the internet is fairly quick with the 3gs. to get the same phone without a contract will run you $699.
thanks for the info, my gf has the 3gs. I dont see any huge advantage to dumoing my nokia for the iphone, my nokia can play all the music I want, its comfortible to use, no dropped calls, and for a phone the picture quality is decent, I think I might end up with an itouch
Old 10-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
Ultimate RC Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Jester View Post
thanks for the info, my gf has the 3gs. I dont see any huge advantage to dumoing my nokia for the iphone, my nokia can play all the music I want, its comfortible to use, no dropped calls, and for a phone the picture quality is decent, I think I might end up with an itouch

itouch may be best in your situation.. i didnt have an ipod before the iphone and also didn't want to carry around two devices so i went with the iphone.

i switched from a samsung blackjack II so it was a huge improvement for me.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIE View Post
itouch may be best in your situation.. i didnt have an ipod before the iphone and also didn't want to carry around two devices so i went with the iphone.

i switched from a samsung blackjack II so it was a huge improvement for me.
the blackjack 2 sucks compared to the nokia. I use my phone almost non stop all day and my battery is only half gone at the end of the day and I have heard the batteries in the iphones arent that good, my gf has to charge hers twice a day if she uses it non stop like me
Old 10-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #7
Ultimate RC Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Jester View Post
the blackjack 2 sucks compared to the nokia. I use my phone almost non stop all day and my battery is only half gone at the end of the day and I have heard the batteries in the iphones arent that good, my gf has to charge hers twice a day if she uses it non stop like me

yes that is one problem with the iphone, the battery life sucks..