Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: FJ40 Wrap (This is BTF's old FJ he had me wrap)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default FJ40 Wrap (This is BTF's old FJ he had me wrap)

Some of you may know BTF here on the board. It is weird for me to call him BTF. I was BTF for so many years. LOL

Anyway I wrapped this FJ40 about 4 years ago for Nick. I didn't post pics of the wrap at the time we finished it. Yesterday I posted this on a couple other boards and it seems to be getting some interest so I thought I would post it here. The graphics are on a full size, but I can do wraps for rc crawlers.

Check it out on my website for more info and pics. FYI... there is naked ladies hidden in the wrap. They are wrapped around the skulls. Take a close look.

http://www.509media.com/wraps/toyota...-vehicle-wrap/

509 Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
BTF
RCC Addict

Thanks dan. you know my next scale build will be off this with the wrap to match..
BTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

that thing looks sick!!! great job on the wrap
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The wrap looks cool!
Pete from Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Nick's to gay (I mean goofy) to have something that cool.

his pics look better than the pics you have of it.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
BTF
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbuildr View Post
Nick's to gay (I mean goofy) to have something that cool.

his pics look better than the pics you have of it.
you like this better,

Old 12-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I think those are the first action shots I have seen of the rig. LOL Too bad you sold it.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Looks good. I have been thinking about getting a half wrap on my truck. Too bad you are so far away.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
Who's your Daddy-0!

How much are your wraps starting at? I've been thinking about doing the Bronco for my tattoo shop, then I can write it off at the end of the year as a biz expense!!

I have a couple of friends that do it here but man it's high! You could get your car painted for what they charge! And it's almost as much for them to take them off! It's takes 2 of them almost a full work week to wrap a SUV!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Looks good. I have been thinking about getting a half wrap on my truck. Too bad you are so far away.

The majority of the wraps I do get rolled up and stuffed in a tube for shipping. Just let me know what you need and I can do it.

Dan
Old 12-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
How much are your wraps starting at? I've been thinking about doing the Bronco for my tattoo shop, then I can write it off at the end of the year as a biz expense!!

I have a couple of friends that do it here but man it's high! You could get your car painted for what they charge! And it's almost as much for them to take them off! It's takes 2 of them almost a full work week to wrap a SUV!
A FULL WEEK.... They may need some practice. We can install a 48 foot race trailer in one day.

Some people assume wrapping a vehicle will be cheaper than paint. In some cases a wrap can be more expensive, but the materials used are not cheap. With a wrap you can more effectively advertise you company than with paint for the same dollar value. The point is... for someone to paint your vehicle with detail the paint work will be more expensive than a wrap. With a wrap you can get more detail than what you can get with paint. Price depends on the artwork and the vehicle.

PM me details of what you want and I can price it.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #12
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 Media View Post
A FULL WEEK.... They may need some practice. We can install a 48 foot race trailer in one day.

Some people assume wrapping a vehicle will be cheaper than paint. In some cases a wrap can be more expensive, but the materials used are not cheap. With a wrap you can more effectively advertise you company than with paint for the same dollar value. The point is... for someone to paint your vehicle with detail the paint work will be more expensive than a wrap. With a wrap you can get more detail than what you can get with paint. Price depends on the artwork and the vehicle.

PM me details of what you want and I can price it.
I agree 100%! A wrap is much better than paint and you can take it off unlike paint!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #13
BTF
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post

Dont know about price but I know for the work dan puts in these wraps it's well worth the money. Pix don't do justice to what it looks like in person.
When I talked to dan about my wrap and told him what I wanted he had mine ready to proof the next week and after a few changes and a hour of so it was ready to install. This wrap looks like a easy install -- not-- look close at all the vents and tight curvs in the hood and fender. Well let's say we started Around 11 on a sat and me and dan had it installed and put back together before 5 pm same day. And goto say it looked bad ass. I had tons of people ask me who did you get to paint that.

So with that I call BS on 2 guys a week to do a suv. This is a job for the pros design and install. It's so true ( you get what you pay for )
Old 12-02-2009, 06:04 AM   #14
BTF
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 Media View Post
I think those are the first action shots I have seen of the rig. LOL Too bad you sold it.
some more.
Attached Images

Last edited by BTF; 12-02-2009 at 06:05 AM. Reason: pix
Old 12-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

So you did actually drive it. Nice. LOL