Originally Posted by soundcolor View Post
Oh, and the Droid runs a lipo
so does the iphone...
http://www.apple.com/batteries/
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Suddenly I'm very intrigued about this info on the secret technology the droid is waiting to release until apple releases the new iphone
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

I didn't know that... I had read lithium ion...
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #84
Rock Crawler

Its not hard to figure out...
if you look at the hardware and notice some of the new apparently Google has and is releasing...
Old 12-14-2009, 11:27 AM   #85
RCC Addict

Funny thing is, everything you have listed down there that the iPhone does not do, mine does, except the "real keyboard". Guess this means it has a physical clicky keyboard? It takes five minutes to jailbreak an iPhone and then the whole game changes. ;)The battery swap was a bit harder (took about 20 mins) but well worth it. I like the iPhone because it can do everything I need it to do and has proven rock solid for me, no matter how much they are modded. I am on my third one (I have had one since they came out and have upgraded twice) and my wife has a mildly modded one. Maybe if the droid had came out first and was not trying to play catchup so I was more familiar with it my opinion may be different. Just my $0.02.

Quote:
IMoto has, and the DROIDDOES

Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

So is this secret stuff going to apply to the little black gadget in my hands now or some new device??
Old 12-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
So is this secret stuff going to apply to the little black gadget in my hands now or some new device??
It's for all Android phones capable of running the next version of Android, specifically 2.1 through 3.0.

This is why the HTC unit is been slow to develop with the Google team. They are making sure hardware is spec'd properly.

The Droid might not be able to handle everything Google has in store for Android, but I would doubt it will become obsolete super quickly.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
Between my local salesmen, and your anti-everything that you don't sell attitude, You people are driving away customers. Throw on top of that horrible call-in support from Verizon, and you people = FAIL.
More proof to my negative ad campaign that will be hurting the Droid. It's too reminiscent of political mud slinging.

Quote:
To the unix debate. If all apple did was slap the apple name on unix and call it there own, well that says a lot. The fact is, mac os x is no more unix than android is linux.
Once again you don't even understand the point. Linux/Unix are pure kernels and commandline OSes, not "Windows" or Graphical User Interfaces. Obviously Apple and Google had to build their own GUI's. Apple is taking proven experience on a computer/server environment and porting to the handhelds. Google is going backward, first mobile then planning a Windows replacement.

You said the iPhone was not Unix. It is. You are wrong and seem to lack the ability to accept that fact.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #89
09 RCA champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
Between my local salesmen, and your anti-everything that you don't sell attitude, You people are driving away customers. Throw on top of that horrible call-in support from Verizon, and you people = FAIL.

im starting to see a pattern here
rednck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #90
RCC Addict

soo much debate

my vote is for smart beep pagers a pocket full of change and rotary pay phones

NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Are you guys still talking about phones?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

People that don't like videogames, don't like them because they suck at playing them or have never had the chance to. The same theory applies to these phones. If you don't like the Iphone, it's because you either have never had a chance to use one, or you just suck with technology in general.
Apple pattens all of it's design and infastructure, which is why it took so long for other smart phones to become up to par, because they could not copy what apple created, which is the best design. What this means is that if you think that a non apple smartphone is superior, your actually just getting the next best thing to apple design, because the comp would copy apple if they could. Both phone are cool but the Iphone is amazing, and if your one of those people that don't need amazing, then your waisting your money on a smartphone.
Wild Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

So the Droid is not a very good smartphone??

Its an ALTERNATIVE to the Iphone, I for one will not own an Iphone, Not because I don't like the Iphone, its just that I will NOT deal with ATT again. The Droid is a Great phone that has ALOT of good qualities and works just as well as an Iphone. Don't dog it till you try it.

It is not meant to be a Iphone copy. If they wanted to copy it, they could have. This phone is NOT an apple copy
Old 12-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Snapper View Post
People that don't like videogames, don't like them because they suck at playing them or have never had the chance to. The same theory applies to these phones. If you don't like the Iphone, it's because you either have never had a chance to use one, or you just suck with technology in general.
I will disagree there. Apple is not technologically advanced on the fore-front. They are but they make everything EASIER and they are very good but their goal is not to be techier or geekier. That is the Apple niche if you ask me. Easy to use, and it does what it is built to do well.

I'd honestly say the Droid and new Google will be more for the techno-freaks.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

I played with a HTC version today at the Verizon store while xmas shopping.....it's for sure a nice, FAST phone...but I still prefer my iphone....but from the shot time I did play with the HTC version it is really nice....not sure if I would call it an Iphone killer though....? time will tell....
defiantly nice and cleaner then any blackberry thats for sure!!
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #96
Pebble Pounder

I got an iphone after my wife did, i have had pretty much every "smart" phone out there other than the droid. Reason why i got the iphone is i already have itunes and an older 32g ipod that needed repair for the head phones so it was just easy to get the iphone. I have had no problems with the coverage. Way better than my tmobile and my verizion work phone. So what if apple checks and clears all the app's I see it as an extra wall of security knowing that I wont get something that will crash my phone like what happened to my G1.
dezslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Snapper View Post
Apple pattens all of it's design and infastructure, which is why it took so long for other smart phones to become up to par, because they could not copy what apple created, which is the best design. What this means is that if you think that a non apple smartphone is superior, your actually just getting the next best thing to apple design, because the comp would copy apple if they could. Both phone are cool but the Iphone is amazing, and if your one of those people that don't need amazing, then your waisting your money on a smartphone.
sorry man i have to disagree there.
first the video game analogy, i think nintendo's sucess w/ the wii blows that theory out of the water. along w/ "farmville" by zynga being the most played online game in the US.

the main reason i dont like the iphone is because its a mac based products. heck i dont even own an ipod because it has the mac name behind it. yes i'm proud zune owner.

also know that the iphone isnt based on original mac hardware.
ex. multi touch was around in the 80's w/ bill buxon (or buxton, sorry i forget the exact name) and was expanded upon by a group called creative commons around 04 and then made its public debut in the ted talks seminars in 06.
even more, macs use processors made and designed by integrated electronics, or more commonly known as intel.

back to the subject, of the popularity of iphones. one of the main reasons its so popular is the ease of use of the user interface.
and like Binaryterror said the droid is aimed more toward techno geeks. this is because of its open source nature. just try and overclock an iphone w/o voiding its warrenty.

Last edited by NeXt559; 12-15-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #98
Rock Crawler

My personal moto droid is overclocked running at 600mhz, and has been rooted to allow multitouch...
It is extremely easy to do, however if not done right you can brick the phone rendering it completely useless...

I have personally replaced 3 moto droids and 1 eris that were bricked due to the user overclocking them wrong (boosted to 650mhz), and/or rooting them wrong (taking out the wrong file).

Both were replaced under warranty with no problems at all.

Verizons stance currently is that the android operating system was designed to do certain things, and the devices processors were set at a certain speed for a reason. And they should only be changed by an experienced knowledable user. Understanding that of course even a proffessional can make a mistake.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #99
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=soundcolor;2163288]I just also happen to have some launch materials from moto in my hands right now that compare the three phones listed above... unfortunatly, I cant show it to you (I know, I know... but trust me, it wont be much longer until the full capabilities about the droid are released, and everyones mind is blown... They are waiting for apple to announce the specs on he "new iphone". All I can say is that they built the droid to kill the new iphone that is in the works, not the current one...)
Keep your iphone if you want, get the new one when its released if thats your thing. Just dont spread the same infectious lies about it that apple and all the iphone phannuts have been spreading since day one. Its a decent phone. Lets let the actual specs, and facts speak for themselves. I have presented them time and time again.... and I will continue to put a fact out there for every lie some iphone user spills out on the masses... because I for one am sick of apples lies, and I think its about time someone stepped up witha device to put it in its place. Its not jesus... nor is it the jesus phone. There have been better devices out there for a while now. The difference is, no one has challanged and attacked apple directly. Moto has, and the DROIDDOES

iPHONE all the way

iDont have a real Keyboard? Isnt there are Droid Phones being released that all but look exactly like the iPhone (No KB)
iPhone Over heating issues? I have used the iPhone Edge and 3G , Never saw that issue.

VZW - Are you happy with them spreading lies about ATT network?
Larger Network , I think so
Slower Network -- YES

Apple has the best customer service when it comes to there products.
Mush rather deal with the Manufacture of a product then some Wireless carrier and there extra charges for Insurance.

Try not spreading Lies about the iPhone , It really is a great Phone.
Motorola Phones Not so much, had quite a Few and never was impressed by the functionality.
rindaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #100
RCC Addict

umm the only reason why at&t's network is larger is because they are international.

while im in the US give me my verizon. i cant count as high as the amount of times one of my friends w/ an at&t phone (or any other carrier) asked to borrow mine because they didnt have service
if i want dependable servie id rather have a verizon clamshell than a smart phone on any other service

no doubt the iphone is an amazing piece of hardware. but it just doesnt catch my fancy and i choose to not support mac in any way shape or form

as for the real keyboard. umm... did you not know the droid has a slide out keyboard?

personally i dont like how flat the keys feel but like they claim, it is infact a real keyboard

Last edited by NeXt559; 12-16-2009 at 09:25 AM.