Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Strange tech question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Strange tech question.

This doesn`t exactly pretain to crawlers so I thought that I`d post this tech question here. I have an old Kyosho nitro Brute that is now in "ruff" shape. It was my very first big name RC truck and I have the sudden urge to bring it back to life in the most frankenstein way possible. About all that I want to re use is most of the frame, and some of the electronics. I was thinking about an XTM 24.7 engine transplant with an X Factor 2 tranny since I`m most familiar with the 24.7 and I`ve heard that the XF 2 tranny has no reverse but it`s still 2 speed. And as far as front and rear axles, I`d like to go with a solid rear axle and IFS in the front. My problem is that I don`t know of any of the gear ratios in any trucks that I could yank the axles out of and have them match (ex. twin force rear with a T maxx front). Does anybody know of a combo like this that would somehow work? I was kind of toying with the idea of both IFS or both solid axle if you guys can`t help. Thanks.
RampageFSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2006, 05:46 AM   #2
I joined the Band!

Not to sound like a smart *** but..... You sound like you want a x factor.....why not buy an x factor? You may get some money for your brute how it stands from someone who wants to refurbish theirs. Cutting the truck up would hold no sentimental value of the vehilcle therefore why bother with a HACK and chop? Just outside looking in on this one
Grape Ape !!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:43 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Engine`s blown, front suspension is cracked, rear suspension is screwed over, and I allready have an X factor. And I believe that I have the ability to do something like this.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:56 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I think it would be pretty cool to bring an old RC back to life. Good luck on finding axles that will work together.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

If nothing comes up that works, I`ll just go with solid Twin / Mad Force axles with the MF 2 link suspension set up my way for long jumping travel. Imagine what I`m thinking I`ll end up with here, a truck that weighs maybe a little more than a Stmpede with 4wd, a 2 speed, and a 24.7 engine. Can you say vrooom ?
Old 01-02-2006, 05:53 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageFSJ
If nothing comes up that works, I`ll just go with solid Twin / Mad Force axles with the MF 2 link suspension set up my way for long jumping travel. Imagine what I`m thinking I`ll end up with here, a truck that weighs maybe a little more than a Stmpede with 4wd, a 2 speed, and a 24.7 engine. Can you say vrooom ?
I can say stupid. If you're going to go that far just build a truck from scratch, it's not worth cutting up the old one when what you really want is a modern high tech truck.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
I joined the Band!

I agree with TRIKE Kid with the exception of Save the VINTAGE......restore the vintage.... pass the torch to those who love the vintage.
Grape Ape !!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageFSJ
Can you say vrooom ?
Yeah, vrooom
or,crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

OK, OK, OK, I retract the vroom statement. If it is THAT valuable (I don`t think that it`s worth that much anymore, the PO did all of the damage except for the engine blowing) then I would try to find somebody who would want to buy it to restore it. I doubt though, that I could sell it for much more than $20 to somebody who would part it up or something. I don`t want that to happen, and I wouldn`t try to race anybody with it. I just want to tinker with a truck that means something to me and make it much better than it was in my own way. I like the fact that you guys are trying to save this truck, but I don`t think that it is that valuable to sell and buy something else. This nitro brute is going on Ebay for less than a newer truck and it is still in the box.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-1-10-Nitr...QQcmdZViewItem
Here`s some more electric ones that are in much better condition than mine that are going for pretty cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Kyosho-B...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-ZR-1-Corv...QQcmdZViewItem
Now if you guys still think that I`m some kind of horrible jackass for wanting to cut into this truck, then you`ve got my back against the wall. I`m not hurt or pissed or anything, I just have no other way to explain myself. Thanks for at least showing interest :? . I`m still open to suggestions, but I`m probably just going to go ahead and use TF axles.

Last edited by RampageFSJ; 01-02-2006 at 08:29 PM.