LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 09:21 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Tools:-P
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #22
Suck it up!

In my rc box there really isn't anything controversial. But there are some strange things in my 1:1 box though...

1. Empty bullet casings of various calibers. Great for making holes in diy gaskets.

2. Home made clutch pack compressor for a Dodge 727 transmission.

I'm sure there are more items, but its been a while since I've dug through there...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
1. Empty bullet casings of various calibers. Great for making holes in diy gaskets.
I'm stealing this idea for sure. Thats freaking brilliant. I love to hear little tricks like this. I always lay the material over whatever I am making the gasket for then use a small hammer and lighty hit all around the edges to make the gasket which makes a perfect gasket everytime. But when it comes to the holes I'm to cheap to buy the hole punches so I cut em with a razor blade and it looks like chit. Sure you'll never see it and it won't hurt anything but it pisses me off. No I don't got ta buy those punches.
AlmstEvil665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #24
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmstEvil665 View Post
I'm stealing this idea for sure. Thats freaking brilliant. I love to hear little tricks like this. I always lay the material over whatever I am making the gasket for then use a small hammer and lighty hit all around the edges to make the gasket which makes a perfect gasket everytime. But when it comes to the holes I'm to cheap to buy the hole punches so I cut em with a razor blade and it looks like chit. Sure you'll never see it and it won't hurt anything but it pisses me off. No I don't got ta buy those punches.
I don't remember who passed that trick on to me, but it works great and I've been doing it for years.

You can also use short lenths of hard copper tubing with one end sharpened.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:04 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I just carry what I call a Triage kit. Screw drivers, allen wrenches, hex wrenched, caliper, body reamer, Traxxas U-Joint tool, body scissors, an Accel brand X-Acto knife with cap, gear grease, and Di-Electric grease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
I keep a midget in my toolbox. He works on my crawler while I sleep, organizes my tools, and fights off theives.
Hahaha, sounds like one of the guys that goes to the same gym I do, he was telling somebody that when he put a cage in his CRX and to get out his Pocket Puerto Rican to get into the tight spots and weld the cage together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
WTF?

i would do a midget though. just once. like that one in total recal?

her and the 3 boob chick would be like a 2.7some

I usually have like beer, smokes and a lil medication, as well as all that junk i use to build my toys with too in my Box.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote