Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: not sure wear to post this? hope im not braking a rule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #1

Default not sure wear to post this? hope im not braking a rule

just needed to vent and get your thoughts on it.

want to build/ buy a real RC rock crawler so I sold my T maxx gas truck. bite the bullet and sold it for way less than I had in it. buyer just got it and sent this email.

Very disappointed in this truck...not worth near the money i spent...pull starter broke on me, one of your alloy body posts is made from a peice of plastic stock, no controler/receiver cristals...missing bolts..stripped spur gear, and that's only after looking it over for a few minutes. Piece of garbage,other than a few parts....

Dear dieseldog07,

sorry your not happy with your new to you used truck. but it said right in the listing. sold as is used ask any ? you need answered before you bid. it has a easy $260.00 dollers of up grades on truck + all the sparer parts and stuff. so who you trying to kid you got a good deal! I lost money on that sale it sold for way less. than the money I had put in it!

- haro-freek

the truck came with a Megatech gas engine that I payed $180.00 to get it. it had the hard core titanium senter diff skid plate, hard core alloy outer skid plates , hard core alloy bottom ralls, robonson racing gears in senter diff, robonson brake disk kite, dynamite stinger pipe just to name some off the up grades on truck + gave buyer 2 ofena fule filler botles, 2 glow plug egniters , a glow plug egniter charger, a full spare set of ront and rear top and bottom arms.
so I feal I got the short end of stick sold it pakege deal for $242 .50
or am I wrong and its not wearth even close to $200.00
if you want to see the truck I sold click link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MESOX:IT
RCMonstertruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

well your listing says "as is" so in my thoughts hes on his own. before i even bid on something on the bay i have a list of questions i want answers to. if they dont get answered i dont bid.
hes probably having second thoughts cause he took it out and beat the hell out of it.
take the money and get a scx-10 you'll forget about the asshat in no time.
my.02cents
rockmahala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Only thing I take a bit of issue with is the spur gear. If you knew it was stripped you should have listed that. Other than that, he was kind of dumb to bid on your listing. You never said what was included in the package, if it was RTR, if it ran, or anything. The listing is very vague. I'd say you are fine as you said as-is but next time be more thorough with your listings, especially when it comes to damaged parts.
subyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Suck it up!

I think you got a damn good price. You can't expect to get dollar for dollar when you sell something with "upgrades"...you're doing good if you get half of what you spent.

Having said that...

No crystals? Thats messed up, why would you do that? I looked at the pics, I didn't see any in the radio...

You ran 4 tanks of gas through it but "think" it has a 2 speed w/reverse transmission? WTF is that about?

Just because you say "ask any questions" doesn't mean you shouldn't disclose any known problems. Looking at the pics it appears to be a RTR truck. Had I purchased (not that I would) and recieved that, I too would be pissed.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
PapaGriz Yo

No crystals in the radio, stripped spur, missing screws, plastic body post when you said it was aluminum body posts.

Sounds like you didn't provide enough information about the truck and I'd be pissed too. I bought a truggy once that was supposed to be a roller. I even asked if it was ready to drop in a motor and go. The front shocks were missing parts so I was pissed.
I wouldn't have bought your T-Maxx because you said it was adult owned but you type like a 13 year old kid.

BTW, my T-Maxx has a Megatech nitro engine in it and it didn't cost $180.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 03-30-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
No crystals in the radio, stripped spur, missing screws, plastic body post when you said it was aluminum body posts.

Sounds like you didn't provide enough information about the truck and I'd be pissed too. I bought a truggy once that was supposed to be a roller. I even asked if it was ready to drop in a motor and go. The front shocks were missing parts so I was pissed.
I wouldn't have bought your T-Maxx because you said it was adult owned but you type like a 13 year old kid.

BTW, my T-Maxx has a Megatech nitro engine in it and it didn't cost $180.

I agree with everything he said.

And its fuel, not fule.

IMO, you ripped the guy off. But I do have to say, I would have not even looked twice after seeing your feedback.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMonstertruker View Post
just needed to vent and get your thoughts on it.

want to build/ buy a real RC rock crawler so I sold my T maxx gas truck. bite the bullet and sold it for way less than I had in it. buyer just got it and sent this email.

Very disappointed in this truck...not worth near the money i spent...pull starter broke on me, one of your alloy body posts is made from a peice of plastic stock, no controler/receiver cristals...missing bolts..stripped spur gear, and that's only after looking it over for a few minutes. Piece of garbage,other than a few parts....

Dear dieseldog07,

sorry your not happy with your new to you used truck. but it said right in the listing. sold as is used ask any ? you need answered before you bid. it has a easy $260.00 dollers of up grades on truck + all the sparer parts and stuff. so who you trying to kid you got a good deal! I lost money on that sale it sold for way less. than the money I had put in it!

- haro-freek

the truck came with a Megatech gas engine that I payed $180.00 to get it. it had the hard core titanium senter diff skid plate, hard core alloy outer skid plates , hard core alloy bottom ralls, robonson racing gears in senter diff, robonson brake disk kite, dynamite stinger pipe just to name some off the up grades on truck + gave buyer 2 ofena fule filler botles, 2 glow plug egniters , a glow plug egniter charger, a full spare set of ront and rear top and bottom arms.
so I feal I got the short end of stick sold it pakege deal for $242 .50
or am I wrong and its not wearth even close to $200.00
if you want to see the truck I sold click link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MESOX:IT
You got WAAAY more $$ than you should've for it.

I once sold a RTR T-maxx for $100 shipped! (about 2yrs ago too)
I pretty much gave it away, but thats how it goes.
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I paid 400 for my t-maxx, was mint till the day i tried to sell it and almost couldnt give it away, ended up parting it out on ebay and didnt even get that much.
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #9
K_B
I wanna be Dave

I'd say you didn't properly disclose all of the problems. I've had a couple unhappy buyers before and by far the easiest thing to do is cut your losses and refund the money plus what it costs him to ship it back to you. It's not worth trying to argue.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #10
06 Super National Champ

How about I sell you a crawler for $250 and tell you "As is. Any questions, just ask"

Then when it shows up with no tranny gears, no diff gears, bushings supporting the axle shafts, a busted servo, a fried receiver, and doesn't have a body that was on in the picture I'll just say "You didn't ask if all that shit came with it. You got what you saw in the picture, as is. Did you SEE transmission and diff gears? Did you ask if the servo and RX worked? That's my comp body. I didn't know you wanted it and you didn't ask if the body came with it."

Oh, and thanks for labeling yourself as a bad seller before you can even see the Classifieds here.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 03-30-2010 at 08:40 PM.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

i say both are "in the wrong". if the guy would have looked at the pics you can see the tires are way toed out.... something broken? and see the body mounts. idk i dont buy too much used shit for this reason.
rugerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #12
I'm a stupid C U N T!

I think you screwed him.. I think you need to go back and take third grade English too. I thought about correcting your post for you, but thats about 5 minutes of my time I don't feel like wasting. Way to be a winner
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I would look at your feedback on ebay which is 84%. I would pass on everything you got no matter what it was. If my shop had 84%, I would be out of business. AS-IS still does not mean that you leave important info out of the listing.
THE PARTS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #14
06 Super National Champ

Doya like dags? Tellya whatcha baught howya saw it.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #15
MODERHATER™

I see a paypal claim heading your way.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #16
Suck it up!

I wonder if he's ever been in the home loan industry...
Old 03-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #17
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I wonder if he's ever been in the home loan industry...
Do you really think he'll get bailed out?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #18
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Do you really think he'll get bailed out?
No, it was the non-disclosure that got me thinking...
Old 03-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PARTS GUY View Post
I would look at your feedback on ebay which is 84%.
Looking at his feedback it looks like he pulled the same thing at least once before. Withholding information about problems is lying and trying to screw someone in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
I think you screwed him.. I think you need to go back and take third grade English too.
See the jem of a post this tool made earlier below. 3rd grade assessment seems accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMonstertruker View Post
dumb ? but wear or how do I buy a star? ben here off and on but most of my time I spend on RCTM forums for sale looking for a good used rock crawler. but they mostly have RC trucks set up for monster trucking. I want to get a real RC crawler. have lots of moster trucks. thinking I might just have to scrach build one. its taking for ever it seems to see the for sale / Classifieds on here whin I fist loged in/ found site as a gest I could tour the for sale. but once I sined up as a member NO DICE! cant view it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I see a paypal claim heading your way.
Absolutely. This guy needs to be banned from the classifieds even before he qualifies.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerboy View Post
i say both are "in the wrong". if the guy would have looked at the pics you can see the tires are way toed out.... something broken? and see the body mounts. idk i dont buy too much used shit for this reason.
stearing survo was not hooked up to stearing links. trucks ben siting on my shelf for like 3 to 4 years. I only ran it 4 times so thought it should be good/ fine but did not tear the hole truck down and in specked every little part. guess I should have befor listing it. and yes I do have 2 negs on ebay bought all the rest are positive + feed back. but if you do not want to buy what I may have thats up to you.

Last edited by RCMonstertruker; 03-30-2010 at 10:16 PM.
RCMonstertruker is offline   Reply With Quote