Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Cool Pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2017, 05:59 AM   #7901
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Cool Pictures

I think the Bel Airs are cool, they are also somewhat hyped but that just mean i am not the only one thinking they are cool.

I wouldn't snag one up if i could as i like to be different, so i would snag up something else from the era where the Americans sure could build some nice cars.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2017, 06:31 AM   #7902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
yeah the WHOLE BODY is fiberglass. another thing i plan to add is a roll bar and shoulder belts. shoulder belts weren't available until 67 and even then it was an option. luckily, all of the 'vette parts places have repro's of the '67 shoulder belt kits. i would probably add 4 or 5 point harness during auto-x duty too. along with a nicely bolstered driver bucket seat. and a smaller, power assisted steering wheel. and on, and on...
look up Brian Hobough corvette. that's pretty much my inspiration, minus the crazy widebody.

he's got a youtube channel too.
(and yes, they literally pulled molds of his widebody to reproduce for the latest fast and furious movie vette. and i immediately bought a die-cast version that i might have Brian sign for me and my son.)
oh oh and, AND his daughter has recently started to kick serious butt in the auto-x circuit as well!

pic because rules.
That Vette is perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
That Vette is incredible, but that wing looks like shit. It's like they got to that point, and just said, eh just stick somethin' on there.
It looks functional, but they tried to hide it by keeping it clear. I do agree they could have done a nicer job especially since the rest of the car is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy1 View Post
Some may not think it's "cool", but I sure do. I call it my field car. Cause that's where most are found, sitting out in an old field.
1956 BelAir HT. GM crate FI 350, 700R4 trans. Only picture I got on this puter.
Great cruiser, and yes, I've left a few guys at the light scratching their heads.
I'm a big shoebox fan. The 56 is the year I like the least, but still a great looking car.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:41 AM   #7903
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
That Vette is incredible, but that wing looks like shit. It's like they got to that point, and just said, eh just stick somethin' on there.
he used plexi-glass so as not to interfere with the lines of the car. trust me, it needs the downforce. he has done some high speed stuff and those things start to lift above 80.

as for the tri-five, hell yes. my dad owned a 57 exec in high school. flipped it in a race (yes, just like American graffiti) it earned him the nickname of "Dangerous" Dan. one of these days i'll get to making a sticker for the back of the vette. im not a big fan of "in memory of" stickers on cars, but i think its actually meaningful in this case, being it was his vette, and lets agree "Dangerous" is a pretty badass nickname.
but, first things first, it still needs brakes and steering work. then probably '67 shoulder harness kit.
i'll probably start a thread in the 1:1 section, once i move into a house with an actual garage.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #7904
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
he used plexi-glass so as not to interfere with the lines of the car. trust me, it needs the downforce. he has done some high speed stuff and those things start to lift above 80.
I'm well aware of the purpose of it, and why they chose the lexan. But hell, at least round the corners a bit so it doesn't look like a piece of scrap material just bolted on there.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #7905
Quarry Creeper

Tri Five Chevys make great Kustoms. Slowly more are showing up done as a Kustom these days.

These two 56's were from the past Cruzin nationals in Santa Maria.

59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #7906

I don't want to ever have to be stuck driving electric cars, but this EV concept is the most beautiful one I've seen yet! I just can't get over how much I like this car!

Old 09-21-2017, 01:45 PM   #7907
Rock Crawler

I would take a little wheeltime in that sucker.

While i remember the great race drivers of years past, back when a race driver was something to respect and not just a overpaid driver like today.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #7908
I wanna be Dave

"In my day, the drivers were fat and tires were skinny"

~ José Froilán Gonzáles
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:36 PM   #7909
I wanna be Dave

@ Jato,
Nice find. Wouldn't care if that ran on Dog Sh*t cause it looks insane. That is a thing of beauty. One of those cars you just stare at for houurs before you go flog it.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #7910
~THE SCALE SHOP~

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #7911

That is so awesome!!!
Old 09-22-2017, 07:09 PM   #7912
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ10 View Post
I have a Savage Model 11 in .308win, threaded barrel and a bipod. It will shoot up to 1000 yards but, the goats were only about 200 to 300 yards away. I sighted the gun in with a suppressor but didn't have it mounted that day so my shots were not where I was aiming. I'll have my can on it, next time.
Pic:

KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:11 PM   #7913
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy1 View Post
Some may not think it's "cool", but I sure do. I call it my field car. Cause that's where most are found, sitting out in an old field.
1956 BelAir HT. GM crate FI 350, 700R4 trans. Only picture I got on this puter.
Great cruiser, and yes, I've left a few guys at the light scratching their heads.
My favorite of the tri years
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #7914
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Pic:

My .308w Howa. I really need to invest in a can for it...and about four others I've got. Lol. I've never stretched it out but have seen some long shots on the YouTube.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #7915
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd4ws View Post
Oldie but goldie.

Aw hell naw.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:18 AM   #7916
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Pic:

I forgot to mention the cool part of this pic. In the cabinet underneath my rifle are several more silencers, early-design mono-cores, and silencer parts. I performed about 60% of the machining on that stuff.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:29 AM   #7917
Quarry Creeper

I've wanted a can for a long time, but the wait times just turn me off to it. With the cost of ammo these days, I don't shoot that much anymore anyways. I'll always be a gun owner, but ammo cost and availability really changed it as a hobby for me. These days I shoot when I need to, and not whenever I want to.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:53 AM   #7918
I wanna be Dave

I've discovered a friend of a coworker has a nice setup of lathes and assort d CNC gear. He was making cans for several gunshops and finally went solo. But they'll still be around $700-900 depending on what you want. He'll thread your nonthreaded barrels with it. Apparently the laws have been evolving from the last time I looked into getting one. A .22cal and a .30cal would cover nearly half of what I'd want to shoot.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #7919
Rock Crawler

Working for the company that makes them allows me to use my can while I wait for the ATF to approve me, personally. If I didn't make that can, I wouldn't have one, either.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:29 AM   #7920
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Working for the company that makes them allows me to use my can while I wait for the ATF to approve me, personally. If I didn't make that can, I wouldn't have one, either.
I am waiting for the final word on the Share act. I just started reading but would change things in a huge way for noise. I too would love a can but i am in CA so enough said. Nothing to shoot, no places to go, ammo expensive etc.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote