Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: moving os

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default moving os

I am considering a move from Sydney Aus , to either Canada or the states , I am into my motocross, karting, wakeboarding and of course r/c . what areas are good for these activities , I'm a spray painter by trade and a current motor assessor . I am after some nice bush settings with a lake near by . strange question I know but looking at for any and all info i can get
conrodss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Florida, California, North Carolina, south Carolina, Texas, Georgia, Michigan, and Colorado for the states.
Ontario and British Columbia for Canada.
im not too sure what a spray painter or a current motor assessor does but if you paint houses and fix engines then any of these places would fit you well. if you want to live in an area in a warmer climate then go Cali, Florida or Texas. if you dont mind the cold the the Carolinas and Georgia will suite you well. if you want a bit of snow then Michigan or Canada are best. if you want all 3 then go to Colorado.
moron88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:20 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Cost of living varies wildly with Texas having one of the lowest and California having one of the highest. Also Texas has a large variety of climate zones and land types, from coastal to mountains, plains to forests, farm lands, etc. I am a bit biased though.
cbtu0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

B.C. has very nice weather, hot in Summer, lots of snow in winter (depending where you go) great area for MTBing, skiing, anything outdoors really.Alberta is similar, although it can get quite cold depending where you live.
ontario is really good for motocross, MTB and other outdoor activities. It can get pretty humid in the summer though.
canuckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I live in east texas. east texas has plenty of woods(bush), west texas has lots of sand and mountains, north texas is where it gets a little colder but it is open plains where alot of tornados go through, south is more of the beach type stuff and central is a little of everything. if you live in east texas you are in the middle of everything in either direction you go plus there are plenty of lakes around here and i know there are dirtbike tracks over here as well. i live in longview,tx it is about 45min from lake of the pines which is a nice lake and it is big, we hold alot of our local comps out there too, plenty of rocks.
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I'm from San Diego California and I can tell you first hand that it is very expensive to live there and the job market is not great either. You do have the beach, deserts and mountains all in a very short drive, maybe 45minutes in either direction from the east county which is really nice. Traffic can be a bear in the morning and evening commute depending on where you live.

Phoenix Arizona where I live now has a little lower unemployment rate but not much. Housing is very affordable rite now because of the over building that took place a couple years ago and rents aren't bad either. The real downfall of this place is that everything is so spread out and it is hotter then hell in the summer and despite what people say You Don't Get Used To It!

Colorado is an excellent place to be if you are into outdoor activities. they have a very well rounded climate with all four seasons. The scenery in Colorado is spectacular! Unemployment is not as high as in Phoenix and housing is a bit higher but still not as bad as California. If I could move tomorrow this is where I would be!

I am not familuar with Texas or Ontario myself but I have heard great things about Ontario.

Good luck with the move!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
LR3
Rock Crawler

North Georgia. Forsyth county has lake Lanier where there is all kind of wakeboarding, and we have Sawnee Mountain which is great for rock crawlers and scale rigs.
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote