Notices

Thread: World cup 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper68 View Post
Soccer Pfffft..

The only good thing about soccer is that it gets lazy kids off their butts.

As you can tell I have no love for the game, that stems from our local association. About 15 years ago the soccer bigwigs came to the city parks dept and asked if they would put up nets on the outdoor hockey rinks during the summer. Not a bad idea, the lots were sitting empty during the nasty hot season. Alls good for 1 year, the next spring they started complaining about the lack of grass and the mud from the ice melting. So the city comes to us and says if we want to keep using city property we will have to put drainage in and pay to regrade the fields. So as good Hockey parents we raise the funds and install drainage and regrade the fields, then they still want grass... a$$holes!!, now like most cities we are in a financial bind and the parks dept is short of funds, so we suggest that the soccer peeps take over the care of the fields. They can raise the money and buy mowers and haul their skinny buts out and water the grass 3 or 4 times a week. The soccer peeps think this is the worst idea ever, why should they have to do any work so that their kids can play.

Wake up morons, Us hockey parents have been doing all the upkeep on the outdoor rinks for 50+ years, we set up the dasher boards (we payed for them too) use our funds to buy and maintain the equipment, spend countless nights out in the cold flooding the rinks.

What I don't understand is why the other sports parents (everything but hockey) aren't willing to put time and effort into the facilities for their kids to use.

Bad timing on this as I just got an e-mail yesterday, one of the warming shacks was used by the soccer people and they sold or gave away all the pop, candy, and other stuff in our snack shop. Now no one is admitting that they were responsible for it and they aren't gonna pay to replace the missing stuff, not allot around $500. But its the fact that they did it to begin with!!

OK rant over
So.... What does this have to do with World Cup?
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
So.... What does this have to do with World Cup?
Sorry just my rant against soccer.
thumper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper68 View Post
Sorry just my rant against the local soccer scene.
Fixed it for ya!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote