Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: ----minitruckin----

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default ----minitruckin----

I wanted to pass the video link on to rcc. I think it has a common thread with anything you enjoy as a hobby.(i.e. cars, trucks, or rc cars anything)
Everything we do, you get out what you put in-it is what you make, and if you are a minitrucker whats your thoughts on the topic?

dragit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

That video brought back a lot of memories.

I used to be into Mini Trucking. Had a slammed 94 standard cab Silverado and a 94 S-10 X-Cab on bags. My club(Extreme Creations and later Obvious Intentions) were members of the SCMTC (Southern California Mini Truck Council) and I had a lot of fun in the mid to late 90's.

My S-10 plate read ACRO4BA and the Silverado read IBUNDRU.

Shows like Easter Spring Splash in Parker AZ on the river was the best shows ever!, Revolutions in Chino and at Lake Perris fairgrounds were also awesome, and the Council Run in the hills of Banning/Beaumont(don't feed the bears) were always a riot!

Man I fell old!

Last edited by dezfan; 06-13-2010 at 02:28 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Hateraide

thats a great video....and like they say its not dieing everyone is just getting older, i think a key thing is to get the younger crouds into it.
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The rice racers ruined it for me, I had been away from the scene for a couple of years, attended a run and it was nothing but rice racers and gang bangers.

We left after an hour.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
Suck it up!

I used to have a little '79 Datsun king cab slammed so low I'd get high centered backing out of the driveway.

I enjoyed working on it, but never got into the local scene for the same reasons Dez says he left. Too many gangbangers and just a generaly bad mojo.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I went to my first big show (spring splash in Parker Az) in 1992. When the show was over the park looked like a landfill. I felt bad for the guys from Sunset who probably had to clean it up. The quality of the cars has come up, but the common factor is a few bone heads ruining it for everyone.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

man i havn't thought about mini's in years! I had an 85 toyota slammed with a groung effects kit Won the 87 street machine expo in Sacramento
racer - x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:31 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Let's first start off with im a die hard minitrucker and will always be one that believes its a life style and a hobby.

The scene aint dieing and it never will !!!!!!! There will always be someone that will want to make a yard truck into a rocker draggin machine .There is some that have to jump around the defferent scene's to try and stay cool. We had alot of guys leave the minitruck scene to get into the ratrod scene which is badass. When i lived in Fl there was alot of mini's but you only see them at shows. Since ive moved the Phx AZ i see a mini truck almost everyday when im out driveing the streets. But the south is riseing and more and more people are getting into the scene. Me and my best friend started a club in Fl "CORRUPT AMBITIONS" and it was family oriented. It was cool to pull up at the store and have kids come up to me and ask if i was in the club like it was a big deal. To me it was just hanging out bagging trucks but the kids in our town loved the trucks and thats when it really started to mean something to be a minitrucker. Now 5 years later we have a chapter in Fl,Pa,Sc, and Az.

http://infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10987
balln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:44 AM   #9

first up i just wanna say that daaaammmwuuumm you yanks now how to lay it out on big arse rims! like- that recently finished sinlge cab nissan frontera (we call em navaras) on 26's is just plain sick and i rate it so high. loving your (is it yours?) silver/grey hardbody bro- love how its got the full factory front end and yet its hard on the ground- just beautiful.

ok- HELLL NO minitruckin aint going no where! as that 20min clip highlighted- its just shit talk about the 'scene' dying. the way i see it- mini truckin is just getting crazier and crazier and bigger and bigger around the globe. like look at the trucks in japan- they are soooooo clean and hell different. i know for a fact that the scene here in australia is pumpin and the shows just keep growing. i live in batemans bay where one of our biggest show is held -ECC- and the amount of trucks that are coming to it in the last few years has just been amazing- it dont stop! i've been into trucks now for about 5 years- (two yotas and now my 04 mazdawg with factory suicides!) and minitruckin is here to stay. all this 'death of the scene' crap is fueled by the trend hopping fags and shit talkin keyboard commandos. screw them- lets go polish our billet and drag some doors already!!!

mitch (down under)
iRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRock View Post
first up i just wanna say that daaaammmwuuumm you yanks now how to lay it out on big arse rims! like- that recently finished sinlge cab nissan frontera (we call em navaras) on 26's is just plain sick and i rate it so high. loving your (is it yours?) silver/grey hardbody bro- love how its got the full factory front end and yet its hard on the ground- just beautiful.

ok- HELLL NO minitruckin aint going no where! as that 20min clip highlighted- its just shit talk about the 'scene' dying. the way i see it- mini truckin is just getting crazier and crazier and bigger and bigger around the globe. like look at the trucks in japan- they are soooooo clean and hell different. i know for a fact that the scene here in australia is pumpin and the shows just keep growing. i live in batemans bay where one of our biggest show is held -ECC- and the amount of trucks that are coming to it in the last few years has just been amazing- it dont stop! i've been into trucks now for about 5 years- (two yotas and now my 04 mazdawg with factory suicides!) and minitruckin is here to stay. all this 'death of the scene' crap is fueled by the trend hopping fags and shit talkin keyboard commandos. screw them- lets go polish our billet and drag some doors already!!!

mitch (down under)
Hey bro i with ya man an yes thats my hardbody. You are so lucky to have the navaras that is my dream truck to have a 4dr navara they make them in mexico and i found one down the road here in Arizona. But japan is kicking out the nicest trucks these days they are a big insperation to me and the scene, they are def pushing the limits and they are just so damn clean its crazy. But my favorite truck of all time is owned by a aussie you prob know the one im talking about

But i havent seen the nissan on 26's yet and im a huge nissan guy but there was a so called hardbody from japan that is a 4dr frontier bodydropped on 24's which is badass. And there is a kid that just graduated highschool and works at grants that has a single cab bd to the pinch on 24's cant wait for it to be done. Last i read the navara above was in the shop getting a new engine and some other mods i guess homie (twigz) drug through his wireing harness and that was a year ago and he still hasent been featered in MT mag wich is shitty but now that i think of it i remember seeing a single cab fronty 04, 06 that was on some hella big rims it didnt say what size.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #11

yeah, we got dual cab trucks evvvvverywhere aye! like theres almost more duallys (4 door- not dual rear wheels-crazy yanks and their big f trucks and gmc's!!) than single and king cab trucks! twigz truck is sweet aye?! he won best of show at ecc '06 and that was my first show in my first static '84 lux- theres nothing like it over here- cuase he put that space cab tub on it. but that cruiser next to twigz above is one of my all time favorites- pretty sure its the only 100 series cruiser doored on 22's around! hes a mad bloke too- i bought some 18s off him just recently and im pretty sure im going to get him (jason of living low turn twisted metal works) to bag (and maybe bd... ;)) my bravo for me cause he knows how to get em on the ground quite well! i think i should load up a few containers full of dual cab trucks and sell em off to you die hard truckerz!
iRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #12
RCC Addict

I have loved Minis since I was in high school. I had my first one when I was 16 it was one of the first hardbody Nissans in our area. I had it for years. SInce then I have had others(79 Datsun, 85 Nissan, 93 Isuzu, 87 Isuzu and currently a 91 Sonoma). I make it a point to go to all of the local runs I can. I feel like the Scene has a better quality trucks now, but the people havent changed. What gives Minis the bad rep is the fact thqat it tends to be a younger crowd with a carefree attitude. The older guys I used to be i clubs with have all graduated to Muscle cars and street rods, etc and the clubs they are in tend to give back to the communities. The Minitruckers could learn a few things from the older guys if they wanted to start having a better reputation.
mississippirocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRock View Post
yeah, we got dual cab trucks evvvvverywhere aye! like theres almost more duallys (4 door- not dual rear wheels-crazy yanks and their big f trucks and gmc's!!) than single and king cab trucks! twigz truck is sweet aye?! he won best of show at ecc '06 and that was my first show in my first static '84 lux- theres nothing like it over here- cuase he put that space cab tub on it. but that cruiser next to twigz above is one of my all time favorites- pretty sure its the only 100 series cruiser doored on 22's around! hes a mad bloke too- i bought some 18s off him just recently and im pretty sure im going to get him (jason of living low turn twisted metal works) to bag (and maybe bd... ;)) my bravo for me cause he knows how to get em on the ground quite well! i think i should load up a few containers full of dual cab trucks and sell em off to you die hard truckerz!
Space cab tub? not sure what you mean lol but im down on the shipping the cabs here. Dont you guys have the nissan navaras with a deisel?