Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Truck Guys Allison Question????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Isn't it time for Sponge Bob, or iCarly, or something? Run along and play...........
No,not till 6.
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

go to dieselplace.com and setup an accout. From there you can go in and request a vin check. someone will post all the dealer info on the truck as far as warranty repairs and service information......its a start.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Warren if you need and are down visiting Jason come a little further south and let us look it over for you want cost you a dime for us to look at it and give you a price on the trans with a good billet converter.
Not to mention I want to drive it.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Sounds like a plan Joe, I'll have to see how things go on a time to come down. I would like to come down and see your place.

Last edited by JIA's Dad; 07-14-2010 at 08:28 PM.
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #25
06 Super National Champ

There are two EFI Live tunes on it.

The check engine light is on because I put it in limp mode. I was pedaling the throttle a bit, trying to accelerate hard and keep it from going into limp mode. If you get on it from 70 it gets wicked. At 80 it'll let out what I can only describe as a sigh, like it's saying "Are we gonna go or not?"

70-90 happens QUICK.

Damn thing is fast. A buddy data-logged a trip for dad last night. They're going to de-tune/re-tune it a bit on that 2nd tune.

JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Sounds like its time for a Sun Coast!
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #27
dkf
Rock Crawler

It sounds like that one tune is a lope idle tune.

dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Sun Coast maybe??? Right now after testing last night my friend Dean and I decided that the next step is to purchase a license so he can tune my truck with EFI live. Seems you need to do this for each vehicle.

Anyway, it looks as though the truck was setup for specific usages with each tune.

One tune is a great tow setup. I like it!!! Lots of power and torque thru the entire throttle curves of each gear and smooth shifting. It's a keeper.

The second is a lope type tune which has the truck shaking at rpm levels below 1000 rpms. This tune is over fueled and flat in spots. Meaning that at some instances the torque converter is locked to long or not enough. The Rpms/throttle and amount of fuel control the torque converter.
This tune is setup so that at 80 mph. on the interstate, you can floor it and the truck will overpower (SIMPLY TO MUCH FUEL), back to third and go into limp mode. I am also sure that boost is a big player in the equation also. Highest boost numbers so far is 26 lbs. with the stock turbo.

I'm new at this, but am finally understanding that with EFI live horsepower can be made without doing mechanical changes or mods to the motor. You can electronically change the tunes to get up to as much as 500 hp. total from some stock engines.

The stock Allison trans. will limp at about 450 hp. I don't think we're making this much HP. I think it's just a poor tune.

We will see!!!

Your thoughts are appreciated, Like I said I am new to the EFI Live thing and deisels. But I am hooked on My DURAMAX

Last edited by JIA's Dad; 07-25-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #29
RCC Addict

I don't know much about it myself but EFI Live is the way to go. That's what all the local guys here use. Different tunes for working, racing, pulling or cruising. They almost always send the tranny into limp mode with a good EFI tune though. Good luck with it the truck lucks awesome.

Last edited by 4u2nv; 07-25-2010 at 06:15 PM.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #30
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
They almost always send the tranny into limp mode with a good EFI tune though.
The guy thats doing the tuning is an idiot then. You don't give a guy a tune like that unless hes got the hardware to work with it. Dumbass inexperienced tuners is the proble. If you got a stock trans you need a tune that will work with the stock trans.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

I'm hoping to get together with my friend Dean tonight and get started on the EFI tuning. I'll keep posting about my experiences. I love this truck just want it to run as good as I know it should. I hate this damn lope tune!!!
It has lots of power, but the power needs to be under control.