666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #102
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
This thread makes me sick.
Sorry, I thought it was just too cool not to post here.
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #103
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Sorry, I thought it was just too cool not to post here.
I speculate you did not take some of those pics?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #104
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I speculate you did not take some of those pics?
All but the lamborghini are from my cell phone. The lamborghini was sent to me by my friend who saw it pulling out. Some have been resized.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #105
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
All but the lamborghini are from my cell phone. The lamborghini was sent to me by my friend who saw it pulling out. Some have been resized.
And then....
Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #106
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
And then....
And then what? That's all
Old 08-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #107
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
damn,

my sister has a 17' foot boat with a 150 merc 2-stroke and does 75mph with a 21p prop
This is BS. There is no 17' boat with a 150 doing 75. I have been on go fast boats all my life and my old 26 foot cat with twin 502's only did 80 on the GPS.

My 2010 Yamaha FX SHO supercharged (250+ HP) and intercooled waverunner only does 68 on the GPS at sea level.

My buddies 35 Fountain Lightning with twin 900's only does about 94.

My old 26 foot checkmate with a supercharged 454 did 68

My other friends 29 foot scarab with a supercharged 502 only hit about 68

I would say that both you and big bronco need to get a GPS and stop trusting the speedo in the boat since they are completely useless and unreliable.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #108
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CrazyHorse View Post
This is BS. There is no 17' boat with a 150 doing 75. I have been on go fast boats all my life and my old 26 foot cat with twin 502's only did 80 on the GPS.

My 2010 Yamaha FX SHO supercharged (250+ HP) and intercooled waverunner only does 68 on the GPS at sea level.

I would say that both you and big bronco need to get a GPS and stop trusting the speedo in the boat since they are completely useless and unreliable.

You are so stupid. It also was on a GPS, the boat doesnt have a speedo.

The boat weighs absolutley nothing, its an outboard they are light as hell.

Horsepower to weight ratio equals fast, the reason your buddies boats arent as fast is the weigh like three times as much as our boat.

Go watch videos of outboards on youtube
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #109
RCC Addict

watch this video, we are talking about boats like these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sqKIjoUcw
Old 08-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #110
Pebble Pounder

I'm calling "bullshit" on the Lambo.

My son's a senior in high school and a swimmer...a good one. He's been at meets in some of the best and most financially gifted schools in the country.

I've seen some pretty fine rides in the parking lots, but no exotics - not even close. The odd Mercedes, Bimmer and Audis, yep, I've seen 'em.

But...

...high school kids don't drive Lambos to class. Perhaps it's a cheap kit car or something else, but IT AIN'T NO LAMBO.

What parent is going to turn their 17-year-old snot-nosed kid loose in a $200,000 car (and only then if it's used)? I submit there isn't one.
dadrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

First of all that is a great video it got me pumped but lets talk apples to apples.

Several of the boats in that video were tunnel hulls not v bottoms. Secondly they were running 250's not 150's. And several of them were smaller than 17'. Oh and they did have speedo's.

So if we want to get a little closer to true comparison.

17' foot V-Bottom boat with 150 horsepower. The boat and motor probably weigh about 1000 pounds. I am guessing this weight because a Mercury 150 by itself weighs 443 pounds. Than with the interior, controls, fuel, etc I would say that it is fair to say 1000 pounds.

My Yamaha jetski is a little less than 12 foot long and produces 100 more horsepower. It weighs 840 pounds and can travel at 68 miles per hour on a GPS.

How can you reasonably argue that a longer, heavier boat with less horsepower is faster? I understand that it may feel like your going 75 when your on flat water but I dont think it is physically possible considering the specs of the boat. Now if the boat had a 250 on it I would find it a little more believable.

In regards to your comment about my intelligence on this matter I can just say that I have been boating for the last 34 years. I am coast guard certified, I have driven just about every size shape and horsepower of boat up to 65 foot. I guess I should also mention that I used to be a sponsor for a 5 liter stock hydroplane racing team.

If you somehow found a way to make 250+ HP out of a 150 outboard without blowing it up the first time you ran it than you will be rich as soon as you teach Yamaha, Honda, Mercury, and Suzuki how to make engines.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #112
RCC Addict

Quote:
First of all that is a great video it got me pumped but lets talk apples to apples.

Several of the boats in that video were tunnel hulls not v bottoms. Secondly they were running 250's not 150's. And several of them were smaller than 17'. Oh and they did have speedo's.

So if we want to get a little closer to true comparison.

17' foot V-Bottom boat with 150 horsepower. The boat and motor probably weigh about 1000 pounds. I am guessing this weight because a Mercury 150 by itself weighs 443 pounds. Than with the interior, controls, fuel, etc I would say that it is fair to say 1000 pounds.

My Yamaha jetski is a little less than 12 foot long and produces 100 more horsepower. It weighs 840 pounds and can travel at 68 miles per hour on a GPS.

How can you reasonably argue that a longer, heavier boat with less horsepower is faster? I understand that it may feel like your going 75 when your on flat water but I dont think it is physically possible considering the specs of the boat. Now if the boat had a 250 on it I would find it a little more believable.

In regards to your comment about my intelligence on this matter I can just say that I have been boating for the last 34 years. I am coast guard certified, I have driven just about every size shape and horsepower of boat up to 65 foot. I guess I should also mention that I used to be a sponsor for a 5 liter stock hydroplane racing team.

If you somehow found a way to make 250+ HP out of a 150 outboard without blowing it up the first time you ran it than you will be rich as soon as you teach Yamaha, Honda, Mercury, and Suzuki how to make engines.

I am sorry i called you stupid, but your jet ski is a jet, and or boat is a propeller driven water craft. It takes twice as much hp to make a jet go as fast as a propeller driven watercraft.

We ran the boat on two different GPS's, one was a TomTom which said 74mph and the other was a Garmin Gps which said 75mph.

Im sorry but im just telling the truth.

heres a boat like ours, v-hull it just has a bigger motor and it goes 90, ours has a smaller motor and does 75

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVaasLiR2H4
Old 08-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #113
RCC Addict

Our 150 is actually lighter than most becuase we put the internals of a 150merc 2-stroke and put it in a body of a 115 merc becuase the boat is so small it is illegal to put that big of a motor on it.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #114
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadrab View Post
I'm calling "bullshit" on the Lambo.

My son's a senior in high school and a swimmer...a good one. He's been at meets in some of the best and most financially gifted schools in the country.

I've seen some pretty fine rides in the parking lots, but no exotics - not even close. The odd Mercedes, Bimmer and Audis, yep, I've seen 'em.

But...

...high school kids don't drive Lambos to class. Perhaps it's a cheap kit car or something else, but IT AIN'T NO LAMBO.

What parent is going to turn their 17-year-old snot-nosed kid loose in a $200,000 car (and only then if it's used)? I submit there isn't one.
That lambo was his fathers car. His father is a neurologist and his mother is another surgon. His father let him drive it to school one day
Old 08-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #115
RCC Addict

Quote:

I call bs too. 150 is just to small IMO. We had an 88 (If i remember correctly) bass boat. To this day it has been the most badass bass boat i've seen in person. It started with a 150 mercury, with the bass boat it only did around 55mph and that was straining its guts out. With some lightning of the boat, and one blown motor after, it had a badass hopped up mercury to 300. It was a beast of a bass boat, we got it up to 78 with a 300 and it was a 18' (If I remember right) bassboat.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #116
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_crawler View Post
I call bs too. 150 is just to small IMO. We had an 88 (If i remember correctly) bass boat. To this day it has been the most badass bass boat i've seen in person. It started with a 150 mercury, with the bass boat it only did around 55mph and that was straining its guts out. With some lightning of the boat, and one blown motor after, it had a badass hopped up mercury to 300. It was a beast of a bass boat, we got it up to 78 with a 300 and it was a 18' (If I remember right) bassboat.
Ok think what you want,GPS said 75mph.

I see new bass boats with 250 4-strokes doing 90-100mph
Old 08-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #117
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
Ok think what you want,GPS said 75mph.

I see new bass boats with 250 4-strokes doing 90-100mph
Thats it, this was a pretty much custom one off motor built buy my dads buddies at there machine shop on an 88 bass boat.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_crawler View Post
Thats it, this was a pretty much custom one off motor built buy my dads buddies at there machine shop on an 88 bass boat.

ok next my sister and her boy friend take the boat out, i will have them video the GPS reading 75 mph, ive already seen it.

Im not sure the next time they are taking it out though becuase they took it out sunday and the prop has a chunk missing off one of the blades becuase she said they were floored all the way across the lake and the prop had already had a crack in from hitting a log but the crack vibrated off.

So they need a new prop, but i will tell them next time to do that.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

I missed the fact that it was a 2 stroke which would drop your motor weigh to 387 pounds. I also understand that jet drives are less efficent than props.

Last I checked a 150 was a 2.0 liter motor. When I was running hydroplanes a 2.5 liter stock inboard hydroplane that was 14 foot long ran 100 mph. So here is a boat that is a hydoplane (less Drag), inboard (less drag), with more horsepower, and 3 feet shorter that is only 25 mph faster? Not to mention that the boat is built to go as fast as possible.

Also a 16 foot jersey skiff with a 305 only does 85.

I am not gonna argue with you anymore if you have a 17 foot boat with a 150 doing 75 than as Tony the Tiger would say. THATS GREAAAAAT Just be careful because the first little ripple you hit on the water is gonna flip the boat over most likely killing anyone on board.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #120
RCC Addict

Quote:
I missed the fact that it was a 2 stroke which would drop your motor weigh to 387 pounds. I also understand that jet drives are less efficent than props.

Last I checked a 150 was a 2.0 liter motor. When I was running hydroplanes a 2.5 liter stock inboard hydroplane that was 14 foot long ran 100 mph. So here is a boat that is a hydoplane (less Drag), inboard (less drag), with more horsepower, and 3 feet shorter that is only 25 mph faster? Not to mention that the boat is built to go as fast as possible.

Also a 16 foot jersey skiff with a 305 only does 85.

I am not gonna argue with you anymore if you have a 17 foot boat with a 150 doing 75 than as Tony the Tiger would say. THATS GREAAAAAT Just be careful because the first little ripple you hit on the water is gonna flip the boat over most likely killing anyone on board.
I know espically driving in it with my sisters boyfriend, its very sketchy.

He also doesnt understand the lake rules like "no wake" or "danger keep out"