Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: The wonderful bond between the u.s. And british goverments.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default The wonderful bond between the U.S. And british goverments.

Lets start with the oil spill in the Gulf. We never put too much pressure on BP, well cause they are a Brit company. They screw up the Gulf, payoff everyone, and get a tax right-off. To make things rosy, they toss in an American CEO, who says we are basically done.

All the problems with the diabetic drug Avandia (I am very familiar with this), and related deaths, are really not dealt with strong enough, cause, well, GlaxoSmithKline is a Brit company.

They have not been as forthcoming, and accurate as one would hope as far as terrorist related intelligence.

The Lockerbie bomber that was released from Scotland recently, was not sent home because he had cancer. Obama pushed for further investigation, which the Brits refused - not sure how hard the push really was. The reality is that the bomber was part of a trade. Libya got their bomber back (killing ~200 Americans I guess isnt so important to the UK), and guess what great Britain got. Any ideas? How about this, guess what BP got?

One Libyan terrorist on the Libyan market will buy you some exclusive oil drilling rights! It has shown up very little in the press, but hopefully some reporter will toss out the grenade.

Now our govt says that ~70% of the oil is gone. Some scientist aint goin for it. They based this on the study of 18mil gals released. They say they then made an educated guess as to how that relates to the ~150mil+ gals released - which I think is too low of a number. So it just dissolved, evaporated, got whiped up, sucked up, burned, who knows. Anybody looking in the water for those strange plumes? Anyone watching the 2 wells within 2 miles that have small leaks? Anyone watching the ocean floor to see if it tears open and releases oil (a real possibility)? Anyone know why "experts" are using a smell test to tell the local fisherman, that the seafood is okay, while not performing any chemical tests?

Last edited by wanantrdsc; 08-04-2010 at 10:30 PM.
wanantrdsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Maybe after Obama pulls the troops out of Iraq, we can just send them to GB and attack those limey bastards!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #3

As both a US and UK citizen I agree with you that Britain has been pretty iffy. But the US government is not spot free, allowing US citizens to fund the IRA (Irish Republican Army) a terrorist organization.
RCCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCalifornia View Post
As both a US and UK citizen I agree with you that Britain has been pretty iffy. But the US government is not spot free, allowing US citizens to fund the IRA (Irish Republican Army) a terrorist organization.
No doubt! No offense meant toward the British people either. Hell, all of my ancestry is from G.B., cant get ticked of at everyone across the pond.
I like how we do nothing about Iran fighting via surrogate (Al Qaida, Taliban, Irag, etc.), and we do nothing. They are gonna nuke somebody soon. North Koreas gonna blow somebody up, hopefully themselves in a botched project - fallouts a real bitch though. Then we sit by and play nice with Pakistan, run spec ops over their border, sometimes magically meet their military in tribal lands they cant control, then the same military is training the Taliban and Al-Qaida.

So we helped fund the IRA? Nice. Wonder who else we fund, or have funded, besides the obvious.

I like how we choose who goes on the terrorist watch list. If you talk nice, we wont list you. If you will get too upset, we wont list you. Or, we will only list part of you.

One of my favorites as far as domestic terrorism is ELF and PETA.
ELF is officially classified as a domestic terrorist group. PETA uses its donations to support ELF. Anyone see a problem with a group, especially a non-profit, funding terrorism?

Now, we can even watch terrorism on the high seas. Go, Sea Shepherd, go! Go, straight to the bottom of the damn ocean!

Uh, um, er, I think I will get off of my soap box now. What were we talking about?
wanantrdsc is offline   Reply With Quote